‹ Prequel: Family Reunion
Sequel: Communion

Union

The Masterplan

Getting his slop of a meal, and finding a place to sit down with his new 'friend' Clive, Tre felt on the verge of tears. He didn't dare cry though, he trusted Clive's warning.

"There's only one guy in this prison that might hassle you. See him," Clive said, motioning his head in the direction of another inmate.

Tre looked, it was a big bald man with multiple piercings and tattoo's. "Yeah," Tre answered.

"He tied someone to the bottom of his car, and dragged them for five miles. He admitted to it afterwards too. They say all he could do was laugh. He's very dangerous. Watch your back around him," Clive said.

Tre cringed, "Okay, thanks..."

"Most of the inmates in here have remorse for things they've done. Some laugh, some cry, some get targeted for crying. See the guys in the lipstick over there?" Clive asked.

"Yeah," Tre nodded.

"They're not gay. They've all been made someone's bitch," Clive said.

"I suggest you show your strength, and find yourself a weapon. You need a weapon in here. If not to harm someone, to protect yourself..." Clive whispered.

Tre just looked up, and into Clive's eyes with seriousness.

***

Rose gasped, "Billie, Adi! Ahh! I'm so dizzy..."

"Rose, just relax," Adrienne said softly. "I know it's not easy. You'll do fine though."

"Adrienne...it hurts so bad..." Rose weeped.

"I know... I know..." Adrienne answered and she brushed her hand over Rose's cheek.

Billie Joe was flopped in a chair on one side of the room. He felt almost on the verge of tears, with sadness over Tre. Suddenly, without saying a word, he got up and left the room.

"Billie?" Adrienne said, wondering where her husband was taking off to. "Just a second Rose," Adrienne said, and quickly ran out of the delivery room to follow her husband. "Billie?! Where are you going?!"

Billie Joe didn't answer her. He just kept walking, and didn't look back.

***

Finishing up dinner in the cafeteria, there was the sound of that awful buzzer again. Only now it was time for the inmates to do their laundry. Tre didn't have any just yet, but was instructed to clean some dish towels from the kitchen.

Clive by his side, was showing Tre how to use the washers and driers. Tre hadn't done his own laundry for years, it was a big change for him. He had near forgotten.

Placing the dish towels in the washing machine, Tre closed the door, stood upright and turned around. He was met face to face with another inmate who was standing a little too close.

"Excuse me..." Tre said, and he tried to walk around the man.

The man stepped in Tre's direction, blocking the way for Tre to get past him. "Hey! Don't I know you from somewhere?" the man asked him.

Tre sighed, "Why would you?"

"You're pretty secretive aren't you?" the man asked.

Just then another man, who had been listening, came up and stood by the other inmates side. "I know who this is..."

"Who?" the first inmate asked.

"It's that rock star...oh, you're that guy from Green Day," he said with shock.

Tre didn't say anything to confirm or unconfirm that what the man was saying was true.

"I guess you don't know who the fuck we are, do you?" the first inmate laughed.

"Nah, he wouldn't remember," the second inmate laughed psychotically.

Clive stood back, wary of what the two other inmates were getting at. He could sense it wasn't going to be good though.

"I don't really give a fuck who you are," Tre spoke in an angry tone.

"Oh okay..." the first inmate sighed, holding his arms up defensively, and then started to walk away.

"Yeah, he doesn't need to know, not at all," the second inmate said strangely.

"I mean I only helped you rape his wife," the first inmate answered to the first.

Tre felt his heart sink, he couldn't speak a word. He was mortified, horrified, terrified, petrified, about to die. Any horrible emotion you could feel, he was feeling it right now.

Tre turned back to Clive. Clive looked puzzled, and just said, "Huh?"

Anger built inside Green Day's drummer, and he dashed off after the man who the other had just claimed raped Rose. The inmate was sent sprawling to the floor under Tre who began bashing him up.

"FUCK YOU! I'LL KILL YOU!"

Clive stood back in shock, unsure exactly of what was happening. That awful sounding buzzer went off again and prison guards tackled Tre and pulled him off of the other inmate.

"FUCK YOU! YOU'RE FUCKING DEAD!" Tre shouted as he was pulled out of the laundry room by the guards.

He was taken to his cell, which he hadn't even been given a chance to see or relate to before, and was locked in. "FUCK! FUCKING ASSHOLES!" Tre shouted, and he smashed his head against the door of his cell.

Finding a spot on the top bunk of this two person bunkbed, Tre cried himself to sleep. His thoughts were only of his wife and how she and the baby were doing right now.

***

As Mike was sitting down to dinner, with his girlfriend, feeling worried about Tre's trial the phone started ringing.

He got up and dashed for it out in the living room, "Ah...hello?"

"Mike?"

"Yeah...?"

"Mike it's Billie."

"Oh hi Bill. What's going on? Have you heard anything about Tre's trial yet?" Mike asked.

"Tre's in jail..."

"Oh..."

There was a long silence before Billie spoke again. "He's in for three years at least."

"Three? Three fucking years?" Mike asked.

"Yeah..."

"Oh my God," Mike sighed.

"Mike..."

"Wha...yeah Bill?"

"We have to kill Sarah."

"What?" Mike questioned, stepping back feeling unsure he heard what he thought he had.

"I'm fucking serious. She was fucking sexually abusing Tre; blackmailing him for money and whatever else she could. And now Tre's in prison and Rose is in labor. Sarah's so fucking low..." Billie trailed off.

"Rose is in labor?"

"Yeah."

"Man...no way. Count me out of this..." Mike said quickly.

"Why? I thought you would help me," Billie said.

"Man, are you drunk right now?" Mike asked.

"No..."

"You can't ask me to help you kill someone! I just can't. Having Sarah deported was one thing, but killing her, that's another," Mike said. "Uhh...where are you?"

"In my car," Billie Joe sighed.

"Fuck, you shouldn't be talking about shit like this on your cell phone. Man, please don't do anything crazy," Mike pleaded.

"What the fuck am I supposed to do Mike? Just let that bitch roam free? Something needs to be done!" Billie shrieked.

"I know," Mike muttered. "Why don't we file a counter-suit against Sarah for Tre?"

"A counter-suit?" Billie asked. "For what?"

"I don't know...blackmail is illegal, and I sure the fuck know sexual abuse is," Mike said.

"Yeah, but how would we prove anything?" Billie contemplated.

"I don't know," Mike said bluntly. "Just...just leave Sarah alone right now. We'll get something figured out."

"Okay..."