‹ Prequel: Family Reunion
Sequel: Communion

Union

The Striking Emerald and Pools of Sapphire

Billie Joe patiently sat at his computer waiting for his cousin to return. He felt stressed out and scronged around for a pack of cigarettes, while he was waiting for her.

The webcam had been left on, and as he looked about his computer room for smokes, he glanced over at the cam to see if Rose had come back. He found his smokes and sat back down at the computer for a second.

Billie Joe says: brb gotta go for smoke

Leaving his den, turned computer room, Billie Joe went outside in his driveway, to light up in the warm May air.

***

"Hey, what are you doing here?" Rose said, standing in the doorway to her massive home.

"I don't know. I couldn't sleep. I was kind of worried about you too."

"You were?" Rose asked.

"Yeah."

"Why...why would you be worried about me?"

"'Cause you're just here all alone with Michelle, and I know things have been rough on you lately. I mean with Tre...and with...with being raped last year. I just thought maybe you were feeling insecure, and wanted some company."

"A little..."

"Yeah, I thought so....so umm...are you going to invite me in?"

"Yeah, jeez I'm sorry Mike," Rose said, shaking her head, wondering where her manners had run off to.

"That's cool. So what are you doing awake?" Mike asked her.

"Umm...the baby woke me up. I got her to go back to sleep though awhile ago," Rose said, as she walked into the living room and sat down on the couch.

Mike sat down beside her. "That's good. So have you talked to Tre lately? I haven't talked to him forever. He never wants to waste his free calls on me."

"Yeah, he calls me every chance he gets," Rose smiled, and then glanced down at the floor swiiftly, and flicked her raven-coloured hair back as she brought her head back up. "Oh...happy birthday," Rose said, just as she remembered.

"Oh yeah, thanks," Mike replied.

"Mike Dirnt, 37-years-old, wow. You're almost forty old man," Rose laughed.

"Shut up..." Mike laughed. "You're almost twenty-two."

"Yeah...time flies," Rose sighed, as she thought back to being a punkish seventeen year old girl arriving in California four years ago. Rose wasn't quite punkish anymore, but still as rebellious as Billie Joe ever was. She'd grown out of some things. Grown into a mature young woman.

"Time flies when you're having fun with Green Day," Mike laughed.

"Yeah..."

"I'm sorry. That probably made you think of Tre. I won't talk about Green Day around you," Mike said apologetically.

"Not talk about Green Day? Damn, that's always been my favourite subject. But I have a new favourite subject now," Rose said and gave a half-hearted smiled.

Mike grinned as the room fell into silence.

This silence was broken, as two month old Michelle started crying once again upstairs. "And speaking of my new favourite subject...I'll be right back," Rose said, jumping up from the couch and darting for the stairs.

"Let me help you!" Mike insisted as he followed after her.

Running up the stairs, and into the master bedroom, an exhausted Rose scooped her crying daughter up in her arms. "What...?" Rose said in a soft baby oriented tone.

Mike entered the room. "Is she okay?"

"Yeah, she's fine. I bet she's probably just hungry again," Rose said, and she took her daughter over to the king-sized bed, and sat on the edge, with her feet planted on the floor.

To Mike's surprise, Rose dropped the front half of her shirt and began breastfeeding her daughter right in front of him. Like most guys, even though he'd had experience with this, it made him uncomfortable. He decided to play it cool though, and grabbed a seat next to Rose and Michelle on the bed.

"There, it's okay," Rose said softly, rubbing her daughter's back soothingly.

Watching for a few minutes in amazement, Mike decided it really didn't make him that uncomfortable. All he could think of now, was how beautiful it really was. A mother giving life to her child, then sharing her own bodily health.

"Shh..." Rose smiled. "I think she's asleep." Standing up and placing her daughter back down in her crib, Rose pulled up her bra and black lace tank.

Mike stood up from the bed and joined Rose at Michelle's crib side. He looked at his friend's daughter, and it brought a smile to his face. "Too bad Tre couldn't see her more often," Mike sighed.

"Yeah," Rose nodded in agreement.

"Sorry," Mike sighed again.

"No that's cool...umm...oh yeah, Billie's talking to me on the computer downstairs," Rose said, just as she remembered.

"Oh, he's up?" Mike asked.

"Umm yeah," Rose said quietly. "He's having a hard time sleeping as well."

"Oh, for what reason? Tre?" Mike asked.

"I think it might be," Rose answered.

"Nah, he's probably just worried about you," Mike configured.

"I believe that," Rose sighed.

"I mean I would be too. I mean I am...I mean...damn," Mike said nervously.

Rose turned away from Michelle's crib to look at Mike, "Mike..."

Mike swallowed back a lump in his throat, "Rose I..."

"You're a good friend Mike Dirnt," Rose smiled nervously, and she brought herself into a friendly hug with the bassist.

Mike put his arms around Rose in just a friendly a manner. Awkwardly as they parted from their embrace, Mike looked down into her striking emerald eyes and was captivated, in the wrong sort of way.

Rose froze as she noticed Mike staring her right in the eyes. He seemed in a trance; she wasn't sure what was overcoming him. Whatever is was, it was quickly taking her as well, as she stared back into his pools of sapphire.

Without a word that could be said or done; Mike put no thought into what he was doing before planting his lips on hers.

Rose felt her heart pound out of her chest as she didn't stop his advances. Vunerable with loneliness she was; Mike didn't appear to see he was taking advantage of the situation.

Mike slid his tongue into her mouth. As his own heart began to race and he started realizing what he was doing, he didn't feel like stopping. He began to massage her tongue with his own, and to his surprise she was returning this affection.

***

Billie Joe came back inside, after an early morning smoke and returned to his computer. Looking at Rose's webcam, he could see she still didn't appear to be back, and this worried him.

Billie Joe says: hey

Billie Joe says: back

Billie Joe says: r u there?

Billie Joe just sent you a nudge!

Billie Joe says: fine, i'm going to call u


Picking up his computer room phone, Billie Joe dialed Rose's home phone.

***

"Hmm..." Rose mumbled as Mike and her continued to share a guilty lustful kiss, right there in the bedroom she had shared with her husband. The bedroom her daughter had been concieved in.

The phone started ringing, startling both Mike and her, as they parted lips. Mike's eyes were wide and amazed. His normally pale cheeks were of a bright red tone. Rose looked him in his eyes, hers just as wide with shock.

"Umm..." Mike said, looking down at the floor.

"Shit...the phone," Rose said, darting over to her nightable and picking up the cordless. "Hello?"

"Hey. You're okay?" asked Billie Joe with concern on the other line.

"Yes why?" Rose asked.

"You never came back to the computer. I've been talking to you and nudging you and shit. Who was knocking on your door?" Billie asked.

"Umm...it was...ah...it wasn't the door," Rose grimaced as she looked at Mike apologetically for lieing of his presence to her cousin.

"Oh, what was it?"

"It was just the washing machine downstairs. Umm, I'll come back to the computer now, we can play a game or something," Rose suggested, quickly changing the subject.

"Sure, I'm going to go to bed again soon though," Billie Joe said.

"Oh okay. Well, I probably will too. Michelle's been keeping me up all night," Rose sighed, as she signalled to Mike to follow her downstairs. "Okay, I'll be back on in a second, love you," Rose said as she hung up her phone. Entering the living room, she threw down the cordless on the couch.

"I have to go online and meet Billie," Rose said uncomfortably to Mike. Walking into her computer room just off of the living room Rose sat back down at her PC and yelled out to Mike, "You don't mind do you!?"

Rose says: Hey, I'm back.

Billie Joe says: Hey


"Nah, that's cool. I should try and get home before April wakes up and wonders where I am anyways," Mike called back. He made his way across the living room to grab up a tasteful Dior jacket he had thrown down when he came in.

Picking up his jacket, Mike failed to realize he was in plain view of a webcam being watched by his best friend.

Billie Joe says: Who's that?

Rose says: Who's who?


Billie Joe says: Mike?

Rose swiftly turned around and saw Mike was in clear view of the webcam. She gasped and turned back to the computer.

Rose has stopped sending webcam.

Billie Joe says: ?

Billie Joe says: umm... well im gonna go back to bed

Billie Joe says: night rose

Billie Joe says: or morning, i guess...


Rose never answered Billie. She just wished Mike a happy Birthday once more before he left, and she slinked off upstairs, to catch some more shut eye herself.

Laying her head back in her soft pillows, Rose became caught up in a whirlwind of mixed emotions. Sad to say for her relationship with Frank, but today, Rose fell asleep thinking of Mike, and Mike alone.