‹ Prequel: Family Reunion
Sequel: Communion

Union

The Ravaged Rose

Exiting the garage and returning to the basement, Rose and Tre made their way upstairs to answer the door. Tre was nervous to think that Billie Joe could be there outside, just waiting to dig his claws into him.

All though he was feeling immense fear he wouldn't show it to Rose. Instead he was his goofy old self as they walked into the foyer, and he picked Rose up and held her upside down.

"Ahh! Fuck Frank, put me down! Don't drop me!" Rose screamed as she was laughing at the same time.

"Na unn...open the door..." he said as he held her upside down head near the door handle. Tre then pretended he was going to drop her.

"Ahh! Don't!" Rose grabbed the door handle but being upside down couldn't register which way to turn it. "I can't open it like this..." Rose laughed. The doorbell went off again as whomever was outside was growing impatient. "Just a second!" Rose shouted.

Tre put Rose back down on solid ground and laughed at her, "Ah...you're too fucking easy, you know that?"

"Shut up!" Rose laughed as her heart raced.

"You shut up! Oop...I better not say that in case it's Billie," Tre said.

Rose slowly opened the front door and looked on at whom had been ringing the doorbell persistently.

Tre slinked back behind the door as he waited to hear whom it was. "Who is it?" Tre whispered to Rose.

"I don't know," she whispered back. "Hi, can I help you?" Tre heard his beautiful young wife say to greet whomever stood behind the door.

"Yes...I believe you can," a raspy man's voice was heard.

"What can I do for you?" Rose asked politely as she usually did.

"You can do this...and walk inside very slowly..." another man was heard saying.

"Uhhh..." Rose said as she stepped back slowly.

Tre could tell something was seriously not right, he looked down at his feet. Time was slow, but then sped up too suddenly. He appeared from behind the door. "What's going on?" he inquired, sounding very much concerned.

"Holy shit!" one of two men dressed in black let out in exclamation as they were startled by Tre. He let off a shot of gunfire towards the drummer. The bullet stopped when it hit the wall behind Tre.

"Fuck!" Tre shouted as he dodged the caliber bullet.

Rose let out a shrilling scream as for a moment she had feared her husband had been shot. They were all inside, the front door closed off from the outside world.

"What the fuck do you want?" Tre said as he stood up tall and protective in front of his wife. Rose grasped her husband's arm with both hands and rested her head against his shoulder tightly.

"Simple...we'll just be taking a few of your little goodies. We want all of your diamonds, gold, cash, and or credit cards," the other man wearing dark brown answered.

"I don't have diamonds..." Tre spoke.

"What about that ring on your finger?" the man in black pointed out.

"This is my fucking wedding band! You can't have this!" Tre retorted.

"Oh...." the man in black answered. He grabbed Rose away from Tre so suddenly and wielded his gun against her head. "Can I have it now?" he said with a sadistic laugh.

"Oh my God...oh my God no..." Rose chanted, closing her eyes. Her brains could have been all over the room in a split second and she could think of nothing else.

"Don't you fucking hurt her!" Tre shouted, creating a fist and pointing at the assailant.

"Frank...please give them the ring," Rose begged as her eyes remained closed.

Tre nodded and slowly took the ring off. "Don't come near us...just toss the ring over," the man in brown said.

Tre tossed him the ring. "Assholes..." he choked, his voice deep and enraged. He sounded nothing like Green Day's drummer he was so angry, he had been given supernatural power it had seemed.

"Good...now you're going to take us on a nice little tour of your house," the man in black said, gun remained against the temple of Rose's head.

"Where's the vault?" the man in brown asked.

"I don't have a vault..." Tre replied, eagerly wishing the two men would just leave and let his wife go unharmed.

"You better have a vault...or your little wife here will have already taken her last breath," the man in black threatened.

"Don't hurt her! There is no fucking vault!" Tre shouted, almost feeling desperate.

"Oh okay...you're making me do this the hard way," the man holding Rose coerced. "Forgive me for this darling," he had added when he looked in her fearful green eyes. Remorselessly, he grabbed her by the throat and smashed her across the face as hard as he could.

She fell to the floor screaming. She masked her face with her own hands.

"Oh God, I'll kill you!" Tre exclaimed as he began to dart towards the man in a fury. He stopped, he stood a blue-eyed musician, targeted by an assailant's gun.

"Don't you fucking move an inch!" he yelled. "Now...where the fuck is the vault!?"

"I swear to God! There is no vault in my house!" Tre shouted in frustration; he felt himself growing very emotional.

Rose lay limp on the floor whimpering. She glanced up to see one of the two men pointing a gun at her beloved husband. "Please...leave us alone!" she cried for mercy.

The man in brown walked over to Rose laying about the floor, he placed his foot on her throat and applied his weight. "I have no problem killing her," the man in brown said.

"Look, I can get you some money from my bank. I don't have anything of value here, except the furniture and some gold," Tre said.

"Gold? Where is it?" the man pointing the gun at him asked.

"I have a safe...upstairs in the master bedroom. It's under the rug, built right into the floor. The combination is 86 right-33 left-89 right."

"That's interesting, so you do have a vault?" the man with his foot on Rose's neck whispered.

"It's smaller than a vault. But there is some valuable stuff in there," Tre gasped.

Just then the man removed his foot from Rose's neck and kicked her in the stomach. She cried in pain. It was at this moment she began to wonder when life would stop being such a traumatizing nightmare.

"What the fuck did you do that for?!" Tre shouted.

"You lied to us..." the man quirked.

"Okay, go up and check the safe," the man holding the gun said to his crime partner.

The man ran upstairs and found the master bedroom. Like Tre had said, there was a safe hidden under the rug. He opened it and was quite pleased to find the mother load of gold bars estimated at 2.5 mil a piece that Tre had invested in.

"Jackpot!" he shouted from upstairs.

"Okay you have your money now...so please leave us alone," Rose said quietly and closed her eyes once again. She gasped and gaped on the floor slowly trying to help herself up.

"Shut up!" the prude man with the gun said.

"Oh wow, this is really nice," the man upstairs was heard muttering. All others even his partner couldn't be sure if the man spoke to them, it could have been incoherent. Footsteps were heard and once again the man appeared in the stairwell. "Look what I found..." he said as he held up an aged blue guitar.

Rose opened her eyes and looked up the stairs. "Oh my God, no!" she shouted.

"Is this thing special?" the man holding Billie Joe Armstrong's first guitar Blue asked. "It was in a glass case, so I assume it must have some value. Except...you left the door wide open."

"Please don't take that! That was a wedding gift from my cousin!" Rose cried as she was mentally kicking herself for leaving the case unlocked.

"Oh and who's your cousin?" the man in black asked Rose.

The feisty woman held back tears but was not about to share with these criminal thugs who the famous member of her family was.

His crime partner, he gawked at Tre. He looked him up and down as though he knew him but couldn't quite remember where from. It had dawned on him just suddenly. "You're that queer," he deemed, "from that band.".

"Oh yeah...Green Day," the man in brown said. "This must be worth a shit load than," he laughed.

"Please, you can't take it!" Rose shouted.

"Come on man, you got your money, don't take her guitar," Tre said as though he were testing out his negotiation skills.

"Is the guitar that important to her?" the man whom was holding it asked Tre.

"Yes," Tre replied blatantly.

"If she wants the guitar, she'll have to pay the price," he said mockingly.

"And she fucking hasn't yet!?" Tre beamed in disdain.

"What do you mean?" Rose said as she saw the man place down the guitar on the stairs. He started to approach her again, his stride was slow. He approached her like he knew her, she wasn't sure what to think. "No. Leave me alone..."

"YOU WANT THE FUCKING GUITAR?!" he shouted in her face as he grabbed her by the hair and started smashing her head against the floor over and over again. "YOU WANT THE FUCKING GUITAR?!"

"STOP IT!" Tre shouted, panicking, freaking out, but all he could do was stand back and watch in horror.

"I'm just beginning!" he warned Tre.

Rose was still conscious but very disoriented. "No!" she cried bitterly and tried so hard to retaliate by digging her long nails deep into his forearms.

"Stand up!" the man demanded of Rose. As she tried hard to comply, she realized she couldn't really, she was too dizzy. She was too gone. So he dragged her. He dragged her forever across the floor, over toward the wall. Her head left a trail of blood in their paths and the next thing she knew she was up against a wall trying to fight back against her attacker.

"Frank! Help me!" Rose begged. "Help me!" She knew it was impossible for him to help her without endangering himself. Her pleas for help were more out of instinct than really wanting him to endanger his own life.

Tre didn't want to appear weak, but he could not help but start crying. The woman he loved, more than drumming or life its self was about to be raped.

First he had proceeded to rip her Spanx pantyhose. And then it was pure force; he forced himself deep inside of her. Robbing her of her dignity in that first hard thrust. She screamed and continued to fight but after forty seconds she just laid still and turned her head to the side where she kept her blurry vision on her husband, held at gunpoint.

"Oh god Rose, I'm so sorry," Tre said crying and holding his hands in clenched fists over his mouth biting his knuckles as though in utter shock and disbelief. He dropped to his knees. "Not my wife."

"You like that sweetheart?" The callus man licked her cheek perversely. Her petals were whithering, she was dying inside. Rose whimpered and he smiled. "Ooh does it hurt? Does it hurt? Fucking slut," he mocked her.

"I think she likes it," the gunman said to Tre and he laughed.

Tre bowed his head, unable to look into the eyes of his wife. His hands at his mouth, though biting his knuckles, were a subconscious prayer for help. "God save us! God save us! Don't let him do this!" he hyperventilated without even knowing he was doing it. "Please God!"

When he had finished on Rose he had fixed his pants and belt. Dragging her again he placed her at Tre's feet, half naked. "See your dirty slut Cool?"

Tre would not look up, but instead was face to face with his spouse whom had closed her eyes and he worried would never open them again.

"Look at me Cool," the rapist demanded before grabbing the drummer's hair much like he had grabbed hers. Forcing Tre to face him. The man saw the drummer's face, red, teary and totally utterly distraught and broken.

"Wha-What?" Tre gasped out between very quick breaths.

"You phone the cops, we're going to come back and fuck with you again. Do you understand me?"

Frank Wright III nodded most reassuringly.

"Oh yeah," the man reprimanded as he looked down upon Rose again whom didn't open her eyes at his address. "And here's your fucking guitar!" he shouted, lifting the guitar of legend above his domain and smashing it against the floor next to her head as hard as he could.

The two men left out the front door and Tre crawled up beside his wife on the floor. "Oh no..." he said as he grabbed her up in his arms.

"Frank..." Rose whispered as her husband held her. She opened her eyes and looked over his shoulder to see her most prized possession broken in two on the floor. She was shaking even worse than what the withdrawal affects of the Methamphetamine had caused her.

"Oh god, my sweet baby," the drummer cried. "Not you..."

***

"I'm going over to Tre's house, I need to have a little chat with him..." Billie Joe said to Adrienne as he started for the front door.

"Give him fucking hell," Adrienne said.

"Oh, I will be," Billie grinned.

He jumped in his car and within a matter of minutes ended up outside of Tre's house. He felt very pissed off at Tre right now, and by coming over here he had every bad intention.

As he had been driving towards Tre's house he had tried to map out and plan what he would do and say.

He parked his car in the driveway and made his way up to the front door. To his surprise and dismay the front door was already wide open.

He looked in and was more than a little shocked to see Tre and Rose sitting on the floor of the foyer together. Rose was crying her eyes out, and Tre appeared to be comforting her.

He let himself in and felt quite worrisome. "What happened?" he questioned.

"Someone just broke in..." Tre said as he looked up at his friend suddenly feeling no fear from the meer harmless Billie Joe.

"Rose, you're bleeding!" Billie Joe shrieked with concern.

"I need to call an ambulance...they hurt her very bad," Tre said. "Man, look after her while I go get the phone."

"Fuck...yeah sure," Billie agreed without hesitation. Suddenly Billie Joe's mind became fogged of the original reason he had come over. Tre left the foyer and Rose was still without half her clothes.

"Billie..." Rose cried as she bowed her head towards the floor, laying like Eve and feeling shameful and embarrassed by her nakedness.

Billie Joe quickly took off his coat and placed it over her lower body, "Hey..." he said lovingly as he sat down beside her. "Everything's going to be okay." He started to stroke her bloody head, trying to comfort her.

"I love you Billie...I love you," she repeated again and again.

Tre phoned an ambulance and came back out to the foyer. "Rose how are you feeling?"

"I'm really dizzy..." she told him, tremoring worry in her voice that she simply couldn't hide. "Frank...I love you...I love you so much," she gasped deeply.

"I love you too. Okay, so you just hang in there. The ambulance is on its way," Tre said, the tears welling in his eyes unmercifully.

It was quite amazing. But in the hype of everything that had happened minutes prior at the Cool's residence, Billie Joe had failed to notice a broken guitar sprawled across the floor.

"Oh my God...is that?" he asked as he saw a blue guitar laying on the floor. The neck had broken away from its body and its enamel had been severely chipped.

"Yeah," Tre said quietly, nodding his head.

"Fuck..." Billie said as he was about to pick up its neck, but then stopped himself. "Shit..." he said. He was already tearing up over Rose, but now had more than one thing to be upset about.

"I'm sorry Billie, I should have locked its case. I'm sorry, I love you both....I love you both....I love you..." Rose chanted like she might never get to say it again.