‹ Prequel: Family Reunion
Sequel: Communion

Union

The Mediator Was Unsuccessful

"Are you going to bed?" Adrienne asked her husband, as she sat on the couch in their large estate sized living room at near two in the morning.

"Yep," Billie said as he yawned. As he wiped the drowsiness from his eyes, he refocused on his wife. "I'm canceling the tour..." he said suddenly.

"What?" Adrienne said with disbelief.

"I'm canceling the tour..." Billie Joe repeated.

"Well...ah...why?" Adrienne asked, her face looked a little more than confused.

"Because Tre can't play anymore. I don't know if you've noticed, but he's drinking A LOT. I told him to go to rehab, because I'm not singing unless he does," Billie said.

"Billie!" Adrienne snapped. "What about Adeline?!"

"What about Adeline?" Billie addressed.

"Oh I forgot, I'm the only one that fucking runs the label," Adrienne sighed.

"Ah, no. There would be no label without me," Billie pointed out.

"Forget that! Billie the gross from this tour is suppose to help fund our product distribution! You can't cancel!"

"Yes I can! Fuck the label! My friend is more important!' Billie snapped.

"Okay...I agree," Adrienne said. "But Billie, you can't cancel this tour! What do you want, Adeline to end up in the tank?! Because that's what will happen!" she warned.

"We'll postpone some shows! Tre's not fucking going anywhere right now!" Billie said controllingly.

"Fine, whatever..." Adrienne said.

Just then the phone rang. Both Adrienne and Billie looked over at the phone with a strange look. "Who the fuck is calling at two in the morning?" Billie said as he made his way over to the phone.

"I have no idea..." Adrienne said as she waited for her husband to answer it.

***

Rose fumbled around quickly in the living room trying to find the phone which had not been left on its reciever. "Oh God...Oh God..." she said with each breath of hyperventilation.

She found the phone buried in the couch, and with everything fogging her mind; some how remembered her cousin's phone number.

"Hello? Hello? Billie!"

"Whoa Rose? What's wrong?"

"Please come get me!"

"What's happening?!" Billie demanded.

"Forget it...please just get over here!" Rose cried.

"Okay, I'm coming!" Billie said and hung up. He darted out to the front foyer quickly.

"What the fucks going on?!" Adrienne asked.

"I don't know! Something is seriously fucking wrong though!" Billie said as he threw his shoes on. And before saying anymore to his wife, was out the front door and gone.

***

"Shit...shit...shit..." Billie repeated to himself. He assumed Rose and Tre had gotten into a minor fight; nothing more.

As he pulled up outside Tre's house, he opened the gate with his remote and sped up into the treed driveway. He ran up the front steps, and started banging on the door. No one was answering it and it seemed to be locked. Yet he did hear yelling inside.

"....that's because you're fucking crazy! You don't care about me at all!" he heard Rose yell.

"LET ME FUCKING IN!" Billie retorted as he started kicking the door.

"Rose! Don't fucking touch that door!'' he heard Tre shout.

The door opened quickly, there stood Rose with tears streaming down her face. "Holy shit Rose! What the fuck happened?!"

"Fuck you asshole! Get out of my house!" Tre shouted at Billie as Billie came in the front door.

"No! Why the fuck is Rose crying?!' Billie yelled at Tre as he looked at the drummer sat at the top of the stairs holding a bloody arm. Tre smirked at him and didn't answer his question. Everything about his character was incorrect for usual Tre.

"You're on drugs! Alcohol never use to make you this crazy!" Rose shouted from the foyer up the stairs to Tre.

"Wait!" Billie shouted suddenly. "Why the fuck are you bleeding Tre?"

"Because your cunt cousin fucking bit me!" Tre said with anger.

"How dare you talk about her like that!" Billie yelled.

"I bit you because you're an asshole!" Rose screamed.

"That's it! Rose, get your shoes on!" Billie said.

Rose started to put her shoes on at the bottom of the stairs as she saw Frank stand up and start walking down the stairs. "I'm leaving!" Rose shouted.

Billie looked into Tre's eyes as he was walking down the stairs. His pupils were the size of Mt. Everest and just about bulging out of his head. "Man! Back off!" Billie said in a relatively calm manner, yet he began to feel threatened by his bigger friend.

Tre didn't say anything, he just kept coming towards the two cousins very slowly. Rose was so upset, and it was taking her forever to put her shoes on. She kept glancing up at Tre and felt like she was going to have a heart attack.

"Rose come on!" Billie urged with tension. "Fuck man! You look scary right now!" he addressed to Tre.

"Fuck you Bill," Tre growled in a calm manner.

"I'll fucking cold cock you if you take one more step!" Billie said, threatening one of his best friends.

Tre stopped on the second to last step. Rose stood up from tying her shoes and looked at her husband, "I fucking love you, but what the fuck is happening to you?"

Tre looked at Rose but then adverted his gaze to Billie. "Hey Bill...why don't we tell Rose the real reason she came to California in the first place."

"Man, shut the fuck up!" Billie yelled.

Rose looked at Tre in bewilderment and then turned and gave the same look to her cousin. "What...wha...is he talking about?"

"Nothing," Billie said.

"Liar!" Tre shouted.

"Tre! I might just fucking hit you anyways!" Billie said as he held up a clenched fist.

"Want to hear a story Rose? Want to hear a story? I'm going to call it, 'The Posed Family Reunion'..." Tre laughed.

"You better shut your fucking mouth!" Billie Joe warned.

Rose seemed interested to hear what her husband had to say. But at the same time could tell, she really didn't want to know.

"The story goes like this...Granddaddy writes a nice little invitation to his granddaughter out east...Sounds nice, right? But wait! Now here's the twist...mommy already knows the invitation is coming in the mail, and she plays along...pretends to be excited yada yada yada...and then!

"Stop it man!" Billie warned Tre.

"No! Let me continue. Then! Then! Do you see where I'm going with this Rose? Then...opps....mommy and Rose have a fight and Rose gets left in California. And nope....none of your family here had anything to do with that..." Tre finished off his crazily worded story. He laughed like a mad hatter with mercury poisoning.

"Oh shit..." Rose whispered and turned to Billie.

His look, was dumbfound. He didn't say anything, for he knew not what to say.

Rose gasped as she thought for a moment. "Oh my God. But...but...us sleeping together is the reason my mom and I got into a fight in the first place!" Rose yelled at Tre in disbelief, feeling her body shaking.

"Yeah, that wasn't planned either," Tre sighed sarcastically. He shook his head and grinned. From grinning he began to laugh.

Billie sighed, "You love her! And congratulations Tre, you just officially fucked marriage number three." He punched Tre in the face and took Rose's hand, and forcibly pulled her out of the house.