Status: COMPLETED; third on the way

Us; I love that

Back to California

I glanced around the now empty hospital room, smiling widely. All my stuff was taken to the apartment early this morning, thanks to Nick, Joe, and Kevin. I was finally able to go home; I frowned at the thought. It wasn’t really home. Mom, dad and Eric weren’t there and neither was Grammie. Abby and Mike weren’t even in New York. I sighed as the horrible realization hit me, Nick would have to leave to California tonight. His mother was worried that they wouldn’t take him back because of his long absence taking care of me. I was happy that he was finally able to live his life without worries about me, but at the same time… I was almost depressed. I was depressed to see him leave. What if it was just like after graduation? What if he never called or forgot all about me? Surely that wouldn’t happen considering that we were fully together again, but it still worried me. I wanted him all to myself, I wanted him to say with me… but I knew it wouldn’t happen.

“Mitchie? You okay?” I heard that angelic voice whisper behind me, filled with worry. I couldn’t help but smile as I turned around to catch a glimpse of him. He was beautiful… as usual; it was something I’d never get used too. His heaving chest was covered by a short sleeve, black v-neck and his legs were held by his usual skinny-jeans. I smiled wider seeing his dark locks spilling over his forehead before he ran a hand through them, his eyebrows furrowing in confusion.

“I’m fine, umm… just looking around-” I paused, feeling my cheeks heat up as I pictured myself begging him to stay. It was quite comical, my thoughts. Would I seriously get down on my hands and knees and beg him to stay with me? Not gonna’ happen… hopefully. “Did you put Jerry in the car?” I asked with a chuckle, remembering the ute little stuffed animal he had bough ten me.

His angelic laugh filled my ears. “Yeah, yeah… he’s at your apartment,” he said quietly, giving me a shy smile.

“Good… now that’s where we should be,” I smiled, seeing his cheeks flush.

He reached for my hand, pulling me into his muscular form. I closed my eyes, letting out a sigh as he held me close. His scent filled my nose, sending me off into a dream land. Maybe I was obsessed, but it wasn’t a problem. I loved him and if that meant obsession, then who cared? I knew he didn’t. I knew he was happy to know.

“I love you,” I mumbled into his neck. I heard him sigh as he pulled away, gripping my chin and pressing his forehead to mine.

“I love you too… I really don’t want to go, you know?” he whispered, staring into my eyes.

“You don’t?” I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. “But I thought you liked it there… and I thought you wanted to play music…”

“I do-I love it, but I love you more and you aren’t there,” he sighed, looking down for a moment. “I don’t want it to be like last time. We can be together, right? I mean, I love you Mitchie and I would never hurt you-” I cut him off, pressing my lips to his quickly. He immediately kissed back, pulling me closer-if it was possible. I still felt that shock, that spark, and I never wanted it to end. He was leaving and I didn’t want that to happen, but I knew it was the right thing and he’d come back soon.

“I know you’d never hurt me, and I you know I love you too. You need to go, though. You’re an amazing musician and they need you there,” I reassured him, putting on the best fake smile I could. He eyes me carefully, no doubt seeing right through it.

“Okay,” he said quietly, kissing my cheek quickly intertwining our fingers together. He led me out of the hospital room for good. I was ready to get on with my life and get back to my apartment.
----

We sat down on the small couch, his arm wrapped around me and my head on his shoulder. I kept glancing at the clock, cursing silently as the seconds seemed to fly by. Five minutes… that’s all that was left before he had to leave for the airport for his 6:00 p.m flight. I glanced at the closed bedroom, feeling myself blush as memories of the night he came back flooded my memory. I wished that happened again. I sighed, glancing up at his blank face.

“Nick,” I whispered, nudging him gently. He looked down quickly, sending me a warm smile. “I just… want to thank you, for taking care of me at the hospital-”

“You already did, how many times?” he smiled, putting his finger to my lips. I watched his chocolate eyes beam. “I’m just glad your okay.”

“I… I’m really going to miss you,” I cracked, looking away so he couldn’t see the tears that were about to fall. leave it to me to get overly emotional. I couldn’t look away for long though. I glanced back up, seeing that concerned, adorable face.

“Mitchie… please don’t cry. I, I’m going to miss you too… so much, but I’ll always be thinking of you, I promise-” I cut him off with a sob. He quickly sat up, gripping me tightly. “Baby, don’t cry. I-I don’t want to see you cry. I don’t want to leave you either… Mitchie, I love you so much and I-I just,” he sighed, trailing off. I buried my face in his neck as he rubbed my back soothingly.

“You-you better go,” I mumbled out, trying to calm myself. I felt his head nod, but he didn’t let me go, causing me to smile. I pulled away, watching his calm face.

“Remember the song?” he questioned, giving me a shy smile. “When you look me in the eyes, and tell me that you love me, everything’s alright, when your right here by my side…” he trailed off, getting me to smile. “How long will I be waiting, to be with you again? Gonna’ tell you that I love you, in the best way that I can. I can’t take a day without you here… you’re the light that makes my darkness disappear…” he sang, pulling me closer. “I love you. I really love you Mitchie, more than you’ll ever know,” he whispered, bringing me closer to him. I let my eyes flutter close as his lips gently touched mine, sending me into a heart attack.

I watched him get up, taking me with him to the door. He grabbed his bags and his keys before turning around and placing a hand on his neck. I smiled as he looked down nervously. I began to wipe my tears as he grabbed my hand with one hand and the doorknob with the other.

“Even when we’re miles and miles apart, you’re still holdin’ all of my heart and I promise it’ll never be dark…” he trailed off, looking into my eyes and waiting for me to finish.

“’Cause I know we’re inseparable,” I whispered, hugging him one more time. He placed his soft lips on my cheek before heading out the door and to his car… to California. I shut my eyes tight, taking in a deep breath. I wasn’t ready to let him go all the way across the country.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay; Sorry for the lack of updates and sorry for this sucky chapter.
I had waht I wanted to write, but I realized I didn't like it. i think i like where this will be going, and I hope you do too.
Comments?