Status: COMPLETED; third on the way

Us; I love that

We'll fly away

I sighed, wiping the tears away as I peered down the empty hall, hoping that Nick would pop back in. It wasn’t any use, he was on his way to California… back to college. I needed to get back to mine too, but I just couldn’t.

I shut the door, sniffling as I looked around the seemingly empty room. My books were still scattered everywhere, but I had no interest of looking at one. My dad was being pushy about this whole college thing, telling me that he wasn’t paying for nothing and that I needed to get back in class tomorrow. If I wasn’t, he’d know-they’d call, telling him I missed yet another day. I took a breath, walking over to the couch and plopping down on it, catching a whiff of Nick’s scent that lingered on the pillow. Would it be obsessive if I texted him now? Probably.

I grabbed the remote, switching the TV on and turning the volume down. Spongebob flashed on the screen and he was crying.

“I feel you spongebob,” I said to myself, flipping through the channels. Wasn’t it always that way? When the person you love leaves, everything reminds you of that constant sadness? As if I wouldn’t get enough of it. I let out a groan of frustration before dropping the remote onto the wooden floor, letting my head fall back onto the couch. My things still weren’t unpacked, so maybe that was something I could do, but I just didn’t feel like it.

I glanced over at my phone, seeing that Abby was calling. I didn’t bother to answer, seeing as she’d leave me a message with exactly what she wanted anyways. I heard a loud knock on my door and I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, getting up slowly. They knocked again, causing me to go more quickly.

“Hold on!” I called, rushing towards the door. I yanked it open, my eyes widening at the sight in front of me. “Nick?” I choked out, watching him breathe heavily. He nodded quickly, his dark curls flinging water drops everywhere. His clothes were soaked and his face was dripping with water along with his hair. “What are you doing here? Your supposed to be at the airport-” I started, being cut off by his lips smashing onto my mine in a perfect movie moment. I immediately kissed back, wrapping my fingers around his wet curls and pulling him closer. He shut the door behind him, holding me close, neither of us caring that his clothes were soaking mine. He broke away first, leaving those same sparks.

“Mitchie, I can’t do it. I can’t leave. I-I;m probably being melodramatic or whatever, but I’m not leaving you. California… it can wait-”

“But you have to go to school,” I interrupted, wiping the curls away from his forehead and staring into his deep eyes. He shook his head.

“I don’t, at least right now…” he started, biting his lip. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, prompting him to speak again. He looked away momentarily before taking a deep breath and speaking again. “Remember, at graduation, when I told you I’d take you anywhere?” he asked shyly, blocking me from his eyes.

“Yeah… I remember,” I nodded furiously, holding him close out of instinct. He took a deep breath, watching me carefully.

“I-I want you to come with me,” he whispered, moving his hand up slowly. I watched it shake before he touched my cheek. His fingers were cold, but I still felt that warm feeling that came every time he was around.

“You mean to California?” I asked, confusion filling my voice. He sighed, smiling shyly and shaking his head.

“No. Just… anywhere. I want you to come with me-to get away…” he trailed off, searching my eyes. I froze for a moment, taking in what he was saying. He didn’t want to go back to California and he didn’t want to stay here. He wanted me to go with him, wherever he decided to go. He wanted me with him. I felt a smile playing my lips as he watched me nervously.

“Like… just me and you? Where would we go?” I asked, excitement ringing in my voice. He bit his lip again, unsure of what I was thinking.

“Yeah, just me and you. I-I just want to be with you without having to worry, just for a little… we’ll fly away,” he said quietly, dropping his hand from my face. I grabbed it, intertwining our fingers together. He watched me carefully.

“I’d like to fly away with you,” I smiled, feeling my cheeks get warm. His eyes finally showed emotion and a smile played at his soft lips. “You came back just to take me with you?” I whispered as he pulled me closer. He nodded, his hot breathe tickling my lips.

“Mhm,” he mumbled, placing a kiss on my lips. “I just needed to get away… with you. I love you Mitchie,” he whispered, placing multiple kisses on the corners of my mouth. I sighed, letting my eyes flutter close.

“I love you too and I want to go with you… anywhere, but when?” I whispered as he moved his lips to my neck, placing soft kisses in every spot.

“Now?” he muttered. I drew him closer, not even surprised by his sudden request.

“Okay,” I whispered, causing him to pull back quickly with that adorable smile.

“Come on,” he grinned, pulling me forward. I was ready to just get away with Nick, even if people would be angry about it.
♠ ♠ ♠
I just felt like updating this. ha. I know it's shorter, but we'll see where this goes.

Mitchie and Nick... getting away together. isn't it cute? lol. I told you I was lovey-dovey.

COMMENTS PLEASE!!