Status: COMPLETED; third on the way

Us; I love that

Fours company

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing, and I couldn’t help but think how many times that had happened to me. I sighed, looking over at Nick, who was sleeping like an angel. He was completely adorable, always was. The way his hair seemed to become a mess when he just slept, and the way he became so… I don’t even know. I smiled, seeing his New York Yankee’s sweatshirt on him before remembering that my phone was still ringing. I grabbed it, stumbling out of bed and into the bathroom to retrieve the call.

“Hello?” I asked, somewhat groggily. I hadn’t even bothered to look who it was.

“Mitchie! Oh, thank god!” my mother’s voice cried through the phone. I sighed, biting my lip in realization; I should not have answered this call.

“Yeah, mom?”

“Mitchie! Where the hell are you? I’ve been worried sick! I call your apartment in New York-no answer. I try your grandmother and she has no clue! I call the Jonas’ and Denise said you or Nick haven’t been to their house, let alone back to California! Then I call Abby and she’s just as worried! Where the hell are you?” she ranted. I sighed heavily, moving to sit on the toilet.

“I’m just… out,” I answered slowly. Sure, I was old enough to be on my own but that wouldn’t stop my mother.

“Are you with Nicholas?”

“Yes,” I sighed. I heard her relief.

“So, your alright?” she asked wearily.

“Yes, mom. I’m just fine.”

“Then where the hell are you!” she shouted. I cringed at her tone, but didn’t answer. “Mitchie. I am your mother and I demand to know where you are,” she said more softly.

“It’s not like I ran away-”

“You did so! You just up and left college!” she stressed.

“It’s my responsibility, I know what I’m doing-” I paused, hearing my father’s voice in the background- soon to b eon the line.

“Listen to me Mitchie. You better tell me where you are right now, did he tell you to leave? Is that what happened?” he growled into the phone.

“Don’t blame this on Nick! He was leaving back to California, but he didn’t want too! I wanted to go with him!” I defended, trying to keep my voice down.

“Don’t think we don’t know what you two do. We know you slept together-” My eyes widened and I was prepared for the worst. “Heck, I know you probably did more than once! And to be perfectly honest, I don’t give a shit! I like Nicholas, but you two can’t be doing this, do you understand? Where are you?” I was in total shock. He actually said that? He actually admitted to liking Nick?

“Uh… England,” I answered softly. I heard my mother asking where I was in the background.

“England?” he asked in surprise. “He actually took you somewhere like that?” I rolled my eyes. Leave it up to my father to start seeing good when my mother was frustrated.

“Yeah… and you actually mean it, you like Nick?”

“Of course we like Nick!” my mother answered on the other phone. “We love him, but really… we’re worried about your safety-”

“Sandy,” my father grunted. “Listen, Mitchie… we aren’t angry, but you need to get back here… to New York. Finish the semester, okay?”

“Give us two days, please? I really love it here…” I begged, hearing my father sigh heavily, but it was my mother who answered.

“Alright honey. But when I call, you better have your butt back at that college. I’ll even have Abby check up on you, alright?” she asked softly.

“Thanks mom,” I smiled.

“And tell Nick to talk to his mother, she’s worried sick,” she said in a more stern voice. I let out a laugh.

“We love you,” my dad finally said. I was in shock… he wasn’t one for feelings, but hearing him say that made me happy.

“I love you too,” I answered softly, hanging up the phone.

I opened the door quietly, turning around, gasping when I saw Nick leaning up against the wall with his arms crossed and eyebrows raised.

“Nick,” I sighed, stepping closer. He looked down for a moment. “That was my mom… and dad-”

“You really should get home,” he said quietly. I furrowed my eyebrows, waiting for him to continue. “I was selfish to just bring you here. I don’t want them to hate me or anything…”

“Nick,” I smiled, setting a hand in his cheek. “They aren’t mad now. They actually love you, can you believe it?” he looked into my eyes, smiling slightly. “They give us two days before we have to be back at our schools. So… lets have fun, okay?” I smiled again-something that was so easy to do with just a glance at Nick.

“Okay,” he sighed, pulling me into a hug, his lips meeting mine and sending those all too familiar, but never old, sparks through me.

-----

We walked out of our room, hand in hand, ready to explore England. No matter how many times I saw Nick, I was still amazed at how gorgeous he looked every day. I sighed as we made our way down the stairs.

“Mitchie! Nick!” two familiar voices called. We turned around, smiling when we saw Fiona and Jason. “How are you two?” she grinned, pulling Jason along.

“We’re fine. What about you?” I asked, happy to see the two strangers again. They kind of reminded me of Abby and Mike-I missed them…but being here with Nick was worth everything.

“Oh, we’re peachy! We were just going to ask if you wanted to have breakfast? If we aren’t intruding, of course…”she smiled, squeezing Jason’s hand. I looked up at Nick who was smiling sincerely.

“Sure. Thanks,” he agreed, pulling me closer to him as all four of us made our way out of the hotel and down the street.

It was a chilly morning, but so beautiful. Everything in England seemed to be emphasized and I was extremely excited to be here… even if it were for only two more days. We made our way down the streets, chatting quietly about things from the U.S and here. Nick and Jason were already getting along, talking about baseball and music-two things that Nick loved. I had a feeling, if Mike were ever to meet Jason, they, and Nick, would be the best of friends. I smiled to myself, trying to listen to Fiona’s words, but I had this jolting pain around my stomach. I couldn’t even tell where it was, but it was there. I pushed the pain away, focusing on what Nick had just said.

“Are you okay?” he repeated in my ear, his eyes becoming worried. I smiled, giving him a convincing nod, but he saw right through it, giving me that suspicious look.

We entered a small place, getting a little table off to the side. Fiona and Jason went off about what was good here, and Nick seemed to be only half listening as he watched me.

“What do you want?” Fiona asked happily, standing up with Jason to go order.

“Nothing… I’m actually not hungry, thanks,” I smiled happily, wondering what the change in mood was. Nick scooted closer, taking my face in his hands.

“What’s wrong with you?” he whispered, looking into my eyes.

“Nothing,” I stated, giving him a weak smile.

“No, no, no-I seen that look earlier… what is it? Are you in pain or something?”

“It’s nothing Nick,” I sighed. He straightened up, letting go of me, taking my attitude the wrong way. “Nick,” I whispered, grabbing his hand, feeling those sparks fly. He turned slowly, waiting for me to continue. “I’m sorry, I just don’t feel that well. But I’ll be okay, I promise.” He watched me for a moment, debating whether I really was or not. After a moment, he nodded, ready to turn his head. “Nick,” I whispered again, gaining his attention. “I love you,” I smiled seeing his lips curve into that perfect grin. He bent down, letting his lips hover over mine, teasing.

“I love you too,” he whispered, applying pressure into the soft kiss. I smiled as he pulled away, watching Fiona and Jason come back with the food.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm updating this a lot, or at least attempting too. I miss writing about Nick and Mitchie. Comments are always appreciated. I won't reveal it just yet, but i will say drama is coming. BUT look forward to some happiness. i will be adding a holiday in here since everyone loved the Christmas chapter in the prequel. Can you guess? Thanksgiving. lol. That will come up, too. I have big plans and this is all showing how much they've grown. I'll stop rambling, even though I want to talk about what things will happen. i hope you won't be disappointed.
COMMENTS!!