Status: COMPLETED; third on the way

Us; I love that

Talks

I sat on my couch, looking at my recent pictures. I couldn’t help but smile as I spotted the one’s Fiona took for me, and it made me miss Nick even more. I’ve been back in New York for a few days and I couldn’t wait until Thanksgiving. I gathered the pictures, ready to get them checked out by my professor, pausing when there was a knock on my door. Gently setting the pictures down on the table, I moved myself to the door, opening it to reveal a smiling Abby.

“Mitchie!” she squealed, jumping up and down, pulling me into a tight hug. It was then I realized that I had missed her.

“Hey Abby,” I laughed, shutting the door as she walked in. She held two coffee’s in her hand, handing me one and sipping on the other. I mouthed a ‘thanks,’ motioning for her to sit on the couch. “How’s it goin’?”

“Oh my gosh, it’s great! The thing I wanted to tell you the other day-do you remember?” she asked, her leg bouncing up and down. Her eyes gleamed with excitement and it looked like she was about to burst if she didn’t say something. I nodded, giving her the spotlight. She sighed dramatically, digging in her pocket and pulling out a brass key. I watched her in confusion, her smile never fading. “This… this is a key!” she beamed, squealing again.

“I can see that,” I chuckled, rolling my eyes.

“No, no! It’s a key to my new apartment… or should I say our! Mike and I!” she practically yelled, her words moving a mile a minute. My eyes widened, a smile covering my lips.

“Seriously? I’m so happy for you!” I beamed, pulling her into a hug.

“I mean, I know it really isn’t anything big, ya’ know? Not like Nick giving you that promise ring or anything, but for Mike and I… I just don’t know!” she said happily, looking at the key once again. I smiled, happy to see her grinning like this. “Besides, instead of Texas, we got one here… right in New York! We’ll be so close to Jersey and we’ll be together all the time!” she sighed, out of words for once.

“Abby… I-I don’t know what to say. I’m really happy for you,” I smiled, sipping my coffee.

“Mike said that he really does love me. Enough about me, how have you been?”

“I’ve been good. Nick and I are great-”

“No surprise,” she giggled.

“Yeah,” I smiled, thinking about him again. “I haven’t been feeling too well, though…” She furrowed her eyebrows, watching me for a moment.

“Are you okay?”

“Yes, of course! I probably just got tired of traveling and stuff,” I shrugged, watching her stand.

“Yeah, probably,” she smiled, hugging me. “I gotta’ go. Mike’s taking me out! Call me later, okay?” she laughed, hurrying out the door. I smiled to myself, closing the door and picking up my phone. I jumped when it began to ring, the screen flashing ‘Grammy.’ I smiled, happy to be able to talk to her.

“Hello?” I answered happily.

“Oh, Mitchie! I’m glad I got you,” she laughed.

“What’s up?”

“I just got off the phone with Denise. She was calling to tell me I was invited to her house for Thanksgiving, isn’t that sweet? And then she realized that she didn’t have your number. She’d much rather ask herself, but I needed to make sure your phone was on anyway, so I’m asking if you’d come? Nicholas probably already told you to be there…” she finished with a smile in her voice.

“Yeah, of course. Tell her thanks… or, I’ll just call her, would that be okay?” I asked nervously. Sure, Nick and I have been together for so long and his family, along with mine, know how much we love each other, but I wasn’t sure if I was able to talk to her. I was just being stupid.

“Of course! Just call when you can… are you feeling alright?” she asked softly.

“What? Of course, why wouldn’t I be?” I asked, surprised.

“Huh. I don’t know. Your voice… there’s just something different. Who knows? I’m old,” she laughed, getting me to get a few laughs out too.

“Okay, well I’ll talk to you soon. I just have to get some things done.”

“Alright. Love you Mitchie.”

We hung up, allowing myself to start gathering all my books, trying to hold back the enormous heading that was coming on.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is short and boring-no Nick, but it is important. I'm tying everything together for the future.
some peopel have said it's too soon for a few things, and I agree! BUT, in the world of Mitchie and Nick, nothing is too soon for love. As you can see... Abby is just excited for mike wanting to move in. News to Mitchie and Nick is different for everyone else. I have major things happening, and I really hope you don't hate them. This story has come a long way and you can really see how they've grown, can't you?
Comments make me update faster, even though I want to get them out. I'm enjoying writing this again, and I hope everyone reads them still. Thanks to all my loyal comments.