This Is the Part When I Find out Who I Am

seven.

"Death Cab? Good choice, I didn't think you would listen to music like this." John laughed slightly as the song changed in my car.

The ride wasn't that awkward, we just made small talk, listened to music, and there wasn't the dreaded silence I was anticipating there to be. John's sweet, funny, and his laugh seems has the ability to make me melt. My heart was pounding like a jackhammer, but I really didn't care at this point.

"Why's that?" I questioned softly turning my head to look at his smiling face and bright green eyes.

"I see you more like a Gallows, Chiodos band, and even a little Brokencyde." He laughed slightly as my eyes narrowed.

"I love Gallows, and Chiodos, I also love Death Cab, is there something wrong with that?" I said sternly in his direction "I hate Brokencyde. But why do you see that?"

"You're questioning me so much Skylene. But you seem like the type! Like you'd end up going to their concert and just rocking - or crunking out." John laughed out loud looking at me with caution.

"Right. Well I could see you going to a Britney Spears concert and trying to get her into your pants." I joked putting a playful smile on my face.

"Your name is Britney Spears? Hm. I always thought you were Skylene Gaskarth." He smirked in my direction. I scoffed and put my other hand on the steering wheel. After a couple of turns we turned up at my house. Garrett's car was already parked outside sticking out obnoxiously the yellow paint brightening up the neighborhood.

I walked into the basement to face seven hyper boys. Laughing slightly I ran up to my boys and hugged them tightly before opening the mini fridge we had in Daryll's basement pulling out several water bottles. I helped Jeremy set up his amp and plug the gigantic box in. Daryll went in the closet and brought out my microphone hooking it up as I was still bent behind the four foot amp trying to get the right plugs in.

"Ready?" Fred asked from the front playing with his bass.

"Yeah, kay." I finished plugging in the chords and walked up to the mic slowly. "Um, what song."

"Whatever you want," Jamsey threw a smile in my direction.

"No, you choose." I shot back jokingly.

"Whatever you want," He stated again.

"What is wrong with you?" I screamed in his direction, louder this time.

"Oh. Wait, we named last week's song, forgot to tell you." Fred laughed.

"It's called Whatever You Want?" My eyebrows raised.

"Yeah, sure." They responded.

I laughed "Renaming it later bro"

We played six songs, before I plopped down on the couch breathing heavily. I caught the water bottle Jamsey threw at me easily before unscrewing the lid and drowning the contents of the bottle. Pat quickly made his way over to me sitting down with a huge smile on his face. Blushing slightly I asked him what he thought about our practice.

"I love it! Oh my god, does this count as seeing you guys practice count as seeing you live?" He said excitedly.

"Sure, if you want. I mean, you're seeing us … live. In practice. How many times have you seen us?" I asked.

"Garrett, Jared and Kennedy have seen you guys seven times. John and I have seen you guys twelve times." He laughed.

"Whoa!" I blushed inside, John saw us live before? Twelve times too. "That's awesome."

John looked over at me cautiously "It's because you guys are amazing,"

"That's a good thing," I commented jokingly before getting up to help the boys who tangled the chords.

We hung out at Daryl's house for a while talking about the most pointless things, playing video games, and laughing at the most absurd moments. After a couple hours of sitting around with controllers in our hands and killing zombies, we got up and headed into the kitchen for some tacos.

"Did I ever mention I love you?" I said mouth full of food in Jeremy's direction. He responded with a little laugh before shoving half the taco in his mouth. That seemed to trigger a competitive side to the boys as they started to see who could stuff the most in their mouth and eat it in one bite. It was amusing to watch, but grossed me out a bit none the less.

As eleven o'clock rolled along we all started to head home. After hugging all the boys and saying goodbye John's arm linked around mine perfectly. With a cheesy smile on my face I said bye to the boys once again and we headed out to my silver car.

"What do you want to listen to?" I asked him. He responded by grabbing my Ipod and fumbling around with it with a small grin on his face.

"Tell me the song," He looked up at me with a cute smile on his face.

"If Only They Knew, by A Rocket To The Moon," I recited quickly and correctly "They're amazing."

"Yeah definitely. My buddy Halvo plays bass in Rocket. You gotta meet him one time." John smiled.

"He sounds so familiar. Has he toured with Brighten?" A small smile played at my lips.

"Yeah, we were touring with Brighten, Rocket, and Danger Radio" He responded.

"Oh, yeah I stayed with Brighten for two days, I needed a ride to California," I laughed lightly "Cool boys"

"So that was you," He said "Yeah, he goes to Corona, with my buddy Loren."

"Loren Brinton?" I asked my eyebrows raised just the slightest bit. He nodded meekly as I let a laugh escape my lips "Alex beat him up pretty bad after he fucked with Jack's girlfriend."

"Dude, he looked like Frankenstein for two weeks after. Hilarious. But he's chill." John laughed at the memory.

'Definitely" I dragged out with a small smile on my face.

We reached his house after a couple of turns and he turned to face me, his green eyes boring into mine. At the slightest second he leaned over the seat and attached his lips to mine, softly. I felt like there was some kind of power that lifted me off my seat, my heart pounding like a jackhammer.

"Goodbye Skylene Annabelle Gaskarth," He said with a small smile before getting out of the car and walking into his house.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been too long. Sorry, I've been working on this. I hope you liked it. Tell me what you think, comment!
Also , check out my new story Last Light ; I enjoy it quite a lot.