A Radiant Butterfly ?

Chapter 1

Image

Hey Guys!
I'm looking for a new shop manager! Now I've been through two people already, so I must warn you that this job shouldn't be taken lightly If you live in the LA area and your thinkin' your game enough for the job, come by and I'll check ya out.
XOXO, Kat
________________________________________

So... Here I am. Twenty- three year old Magda, currently unemployed. Hoping to find a job. Hopefully Kat Von D will except me into her 'familia'.

I stood in front of the famous shop of LA Ink tapping my right foot on the pavement outside the shop as I stared anxiously at the door and back down at the paper with the address and the message from Kat's Myspace. I made my way to the door and reached for the knob just as I saw a blonde with a very angry facial expression burst out form the other side. She gave me a glare and stomped away. I gulped as I caught the door before it was going to slam closed. I took a deep breath before I stepped inside. I picked my head up a bit more and saw the crew with happy yet annoyed expressions on their faces. And in front of me faced the back of the talented tattoo artist herself, Kat Von D, in the flesh! I was excited but I had to keep my cool. I stood by the door quietly as Corey spoke up.

"Well at least we got rid of her!" He said happily.

"Ha! Yeah your right. Now we just have to manage the desk as we look for some fresh meat." Adrienne replied not sounding too happy.

"Um... Maybe I can make life easier?" I spoke up.

As soon as they heard the first syllable that spilled out of my mouth their heads turned towards my direction. I let loose of the door accidentally letting it close. My cheeks flushed pink as they all smiled at me. Their smiles calmed my nerves a bit. I smiled back feeling pretty good. Just being in this shop makes me feel happier. Maybe this is the perfect job for me...well I still have to get an insight of the work, but for now I think I like it!

"Oh really?" Kat asked smiling at me.

"Well I can...do my best to try." I told her giving her back a similar expression.

Kat tapped the desk and turned around fully. "Okay! BUT don't think the job is yours just like that." She laughed.

"Oh of course not. Heh!"

She nodded her head towards me. "Step into my office, will yah...um...?"

"Magdalena." I introduced myself as I brought my hand to hers shaking it politely.

"Magdalena! I like it. Are you . . . Russian?" She asked.

"Half Russian." I replied as my smile widened.

"And the other half?" She asked.

"Well I'm Russian, Finnish, and Italian." I told her blushing a bit. Whenever I told people of my many nationalities their eyes would bulge for some reason, but Kat she just smiled wider than I did.

"Woah! That's awesome! Your full of culture aren't you. Ha ha!" She smiled at me.

"Yup." I chuckled.

"So... To my office! Follow me." She said nicely.

Kat and I stepped into her wickedly beautiful office right after I introduced myself to Corey. As soon as Kat opened the door my eyes went wide. This office was...wow!

"Wow..." I said at a lose for words.

"What?" Kat giggled at my reaction.

"Nothing... it's just that. Wow! This room is awesome. I love the red wall with the crosses. I love it." I said with what must have looked like a psychotic smile.

"Haha! Thanks. You have good taste."

"Me? You're the one with the awesome place."

"Haha! Do you always compliment people like this or are you tryin tah suck up?" She said with a wink.

"Heh, my friends say I'm over baring with compliments. Some people take it as being fake, but I assure you I'm just. . .weird like that." I giggle nervously.

Kat laughed and took a seat in her medieval looking chair as I took a seat on the black leather couch. I handed her my resumé and she took it happily, so I noticed. I can't believe I'm sitting in Kat Von D's office, let alone talking to her! She began to scan it. As her eyes wandered through the paper her smile grew. Reading her body language, I grew pretty happy myself. I really hope I get this job. She looked back up at me and smiled.

"Well it says here that you used to tattoo?" She asked.

"Umm- yeah actually, but that was like...two years ago. And I'm not that good anyway. Well the drawing that is, but I can trace, but then...who can't? Heh."

"Are you being modest?" She said popping her eyebrows up.

"I don't think so. I've been known to tell the truth cause I SUCK at lying, like I don't even try to lie about big stuff."

"Haha! Well that could be a good thing if your working for me. Honesty is the key." She smiled. "Well...you don't seem crazy. I get a long with you just fine, your people skills are pretty good
from what I've observed." She smiled. "But the job isn't yours until I see what else you can do. "

"Oh I know. Definitely. I'm willing to show you my abilities anytime."

"The shop's just opening up right now. You can man the desk now. Umm- Come on." She gestured for me to get up and follow her.

She took me back to the front of the shop and led me to the desk.

"This, Madam, is your headquarters." She laughed.

I smiled widely.

"Um..." She opened a drawer and took out a binder. "This has all the appointments for the week. The clients are gonna come in and you'll address them to wait. If some one comes in to make an appointment..." She turned to the tiny calendar book and flipped a few pages. "Look up a date to fill in....and yeah you can start out with that today. Adrienne is gonna be here to guide you."

"Oh- Okay." I took a seat and took off my sweater.

"You okay?" She asked sincerely. "Cause if it's too much just tell me."

"Huh? Oh no! This is gonna be easy. It's not too much, I think I'll survive." I told her with a chuckle.

"Okay! Cool!" She clapped her hands lightly against each other. "Well if you have any questions what so ever don't be afraid to ask Adrienne. Adrienne!" She called for Adrienne.

Soon one of the women who I saw earlier came out from a back room. She had a cute short cut and a few tattoos. She smiled at me as she came closer. "Hey!" She greeted me.

"This is Adrienne, our much higher status manager. She's gonna be here to help you train a bit. Adrienne, this is Magdalena. She's trying out for the job." Kat introduced me.

"Oh please call me Magda." I told Kat and Adrienne.

"Ohhh cool name." Adrienne shook my hand."Nice to meet you."

"Heh. Alright I'll let you girls get to work. I'll check on you later Magda." Kat winked at me.

I smiled happily as I swung my sweater around to the back of the chair. "Thanks." I told her sincerely.

"No problem." She smiled before she walked away.

I looked at the contents on the desk and smiled thinking that this could possibly be the new start I was looking for.

"You ready?" Adrienne asked me.

"Yup!" I smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the first chapter of this story, obviously! ^_^
I will be posting chapters randomly. This was just an idea for a story that I've thought about and I felt that I just had to post a chapter for it. I won't be posting any more chapters too soon. I'm currently working on another Bam Margera story called “The Happiness I'm Faking". Maybe after or during that story I'll continue this story, but you guys have to tell if you want me to continue posting chapters to this. If you would like to read more of this tale please leave a comment asking me to do so.