A Radiant Butterfly ?

Chapter 2

Image

Guess what!? I got the job!

It's been about two months now and this is the best job I've ever had. Kat and I have become great friends to. Things are just about settled and I still, to this day, can not believe how great everything is going. I figured I'd still be on the look out for a job by now, but no. This one pays well and I find it to be suitable for me and my situation.

"Hey Chica, ready to get some lunch?" Kat asked as she approached me from her office.

"Huh? . . .Oh, yeah. Just let me close up my stuff and I'm yours for the afternoon." I chuckled.

"Yaaaaay!" She gushed as she handed me my sweater.

"Hehe. Thanks." I said as I closed my laptop. "Corey!"

"Yup yup!" He yelled from the back room.

"Your not coming?" I asked.

"Nah! I got an appointment soon, I'll eat afterwards." He came out of the back room with some supplies that he set down in his drawer. "You guys are gonna be back by then."

"You sure? I could've rescheduled it for you. It's getting kind of late and you haven't eaten lunch yet. You should come with us." I told him.

"Yeah!" Kat agreed.

"Nah! Don't worry about it." He replied with a smile.

"Alright Corey, See ya later." Kat and I bid him farewell.

Kat and I walked out to her car and I accidentally tripped on my shoe lace. We both laughed at this. I can definitely be clumps at times.

"Gah!" I yelped as I started to hop towards her car.

"Haha! Magda!" She giggled at me.

"Shuddup! Ha ha!"

I finally made my last hop and jumped into her car and began to tie my shoe laces. As I was tying them I thought about how down Corey has been lately.

"Hey Kitty Kat-" I called her by her nick name that I'd given her.

"Yup?" She said as she pulled out if her parking slot.

"Have you noticed how...well...how Corey's been acting lately? Not towards the customers, like it seems as if he's trying to keep his cool. But I think something's wrong... Or am I totally taking this out of proportion?" I babbled.

"Do you know anything about it?" She asked.

"Um... No? I'm just asking if you noticed anything, I'm kind of worried..." I told her in all honesty.

"Oh well...there's nothing to worry about. Corey's just a little tense because...well him and his wife have been at it recently. I guess he just might have said somethings he wish he didn't." She told me.

"Oh? He told you that?" I asked.

"I kind of... forced it out of him,-" She giggled.

"Haha! I knew you would." I laughed with her.

"You know me." She joked.

When we finally got to the nice little diner where Kat and I were going to eat our lunch, Kat got a phone call. Since Kat was still looking for a parking space she asked me to answer it for her. I was kind of shocked that she asked ME to answer HER phone. Sooo I'm still a little star struck.
I reached into her pocket and dug her phone out. As soon as I opened it a voice yelled out

"YO!" I jolted back a bit and looked at Kat.

"What the fuck was that!?" She asked skeptically.

"Your caller!" I laughed.

I put the phone next to my ear again and listened.

"Hellooo?" The person asked.

"Yesss?" I asked coyly.

"Who's this?" He asked.

"Depends...who's this?" I asked him back.

Kat laughed at my stupidity. I only winked back at her.
Suddenly I heard a ruffling sound on the phone and a loud clapping sound or maybe it was a slap?

"This is Brandon." Someone else said.

"Brandon? Well how do you know Kat?"

"Through a friend...you sound sexy." He said laughing.

"Okay where's the guy I was talking to before?" I asked disgusted by his comment.

"How do you know your not talkin' to him?" He asked.

"Cause' you sound nothin' like him."

He sighed. Then I heard another slap and a loud thump.

"What's going on?" Kat asked from the driver's seat.

"I have no idea." I laughed.

"Hello, Kat?" Someone asked on the phone.

"No this is Magda...you're the guy I was talking to first right?" I asked.

"Yeah...I have the right number, right?" He asked unsure.

"Haha! Um...yeah. I'm a friend of Kat's, actually."

"Oh-" Then I heard another tap. "Can you" *Tap* "-excuse me for a second, please."

"No problem?"

Then all I could hear was a few cuss words, more hitting, and a loud bang. The last thing I heard was laughing. I then, very confused, gave Kat back her phone as we were getting out of the car.

"Hello?" She asked. She then closed the phone with a confused look. "They hung up." She frowned.

"Ha! Really? Well I heard some fighting so I don't know."

"Fighting, huh. Lets see." She said as she checked on who called. "Oh! Bam called!" She said excitedly.

"Margera?"

"So you've heard of him?" She giggled.

"Heh, who hasn't?"

"I have to call him back!" She yelped happily.

After we were seated at a private booth and had ordered Kat was on the phone with her friend. When our food finally came Kat bid Bam farewell.
I opened my mouth to take a bite of my veggie delight sandwich as Kat filled me in on her recent phone conversation.

". . .Really?! Haha! He sounds insane! Who the hell would get the word Nidiot tattooed on their ass!?" I laughed at Kat's story.

"Haha! He does! . . . Bam's a great guy. He really is." She said as she took a few bites of her tuna sandwich. "I haven't even told you the best part!"

"Hehe, what?"

"He's coming to visit!" She yelled happily.

"Wow! Really?"

"Yup!" She smiled.

"When?" I asked.

"Sometime next month." She said happily as she swallowed.

"Ooooh!" I gushed.

"Hehe! Yeah cause he's on tour and he's gonna come by for about a week or so and he said he'll be spending some time here. I haven't seen him in a while, it's gonna be fun to catch up." She smiled at me. "I can't wait for you two to meet!"

"I guess it'd be nice to make a new friend." I smiled.

"He's great. Any who . . . enough about Bam. How's the new apartment?" She asked.

"Oh it's pretty decent. The landlord is really nice."

"Yeah? Did yah decorate it yet?" Her eyes got wide.

I took a bite of my sandwich and placed it back down on the plate. "Not yet."

"Not yet!? It's been over two months."

"I know it's just that I can't make up my mind about some stuff."

"Oh my gosh! Well you tell me when your ready to decorate."

"Heh! Kay." I picked up my sandwich and took the last bite.

"Promise?" Kat held out her pinky.

I laughed at her silliness. "I promise." I said as I grabbed her pinky with my own.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter two is up now due to a request :)
If anyone else is liking this story please tell me so and I'll post a chapter 3.