Sequel: Nothing Else Matters
Status: This is Done and we are happy to say we continued it.

Girl I Know

Chapter 10

Sophie's P.O.V

The show began.My first Avenged Sevenfold show and it was more than I expected it to be.The lights,drums,duel guitars by Zacky and Brian,Matt's voice and Johnny's kick ass bass was more than anything I've ever seen before.I literally had to stop a moment and clutch my chest,feeling the music pump through my chest.It was insane.

Even though the guys weren't headlining and playing last,it gave them time to wonder backstage a bit before they're supposed meet and greet was suppose to happen.The five of them placed their instruments on the side of the stage and join myself and Matt Berry where we were standing watching the entire show.We both ended up talking about lots of stuff,Matt and I.How he toured with the band since the beginning,him and his brother Jason,became best friends with the guys and became their official roadies.

He also told me about how Carter came into the picture.It was tough,but some how they all didn't welcome her into the circle at first.Everyone but Zacky.Apparently he welcomed her into his house so she could have a place to stay,made her one of the head Merch girls for his personal clothing line Vengeance University and the bands merch at shows.

During that moment,my heart went out for Carter.I could understand why she'd freak out by the comment Zacky had said; and to be so hurt over it,especially from people she thought cared and loved her,people to call her own family.

"Liked the show?" Matt asked as we all came off the stage and were now walking towards the dressing room.I shrugged my shoulders as he passed me the cold beer in his hands.

"I think it's the best I've been to.And I've been to alot,so.." I said taking a drink.

"Thats good enough." Brian said coming up beside me.He shot me a lop-sided grin and turned his attention elsewhere. "I wonder if Carter came back.."

"JB-Dizz probably found her." Johnny said from behind me.I took another drink of my beer,feeling a hand clamp down on my own.At first I thought it was Brian and I was about to ring his ass out,but it turned out to be Zacky.My mouth dropped and I could suddenly feel my cheeks begin to burn.

"Zacky..ugh." I stuttered as we came to a halt in the middle of the hallway.The others stopped as well and shot both Zacky and I curious looks,but Zacky nodded for them to continue on.I began to grow nervous standing there with Zacky,not really KNOWING what was about to go down,literally scared the shit out of me,"Zacky.."

"Look.Sophie.I'm sorry about what happened earlier.I sounded like a dick and it wasn't like me at all to speak to people the way I did.Especially to a chick."Zacky said letting go of my arm.He scratched his neck nervously,letting his green eyes flicker towards mine.He sighed softly,"It's just-I really didn't know what happened last night.And if I did say what you guys are saying,then I feel fucking terrible,dude.Like,I would never say those kinds of things to Carter,you know? She means alot to me."

"I understand Zacky."I mumbled.

He swallowed down,"I just.."He sighed and ran his hand through his hair,"I don't know.I mean,she quit today and--I just don't know what to do.She was the best I got and I totally ruined her and I."

"Say sorry to her.."

Zacky twisted his lips in thought,"I--"

Two security guards and a paramedic turned the corner sharply up ahead and zoomed past the two of us in the direction of the dressing rooms.I swallowed down and turned my gaze back to Zacky,to see his pupils turn into slits and the colour drain from his pale face.We both fell silent and quickly jogged down the hallway to the dressing rooms,where the dressing room door was left open and a bunch of shouts were coming from inside.

Upon entering,I stopped in my steps along with Zacky who was next to me.My blood ran cold and my mouth must've hit the floor when I saw the paramedic next to Carter,checking her heart beat while another security guard was next to her placing a wet cloth to her forehead.Johnny and Matt were on the edge of the couch,silently biting their nails watching the scene in front of them while Brian,Jimmy and Jason Berry hovered over the security guard and the paramedic caring to Carter.

I felt Zacky tense next to me,and it all happened so quickly and went by a blur.Zacky stepped forward and started ranting wildly as Brian turned his head and grabbed his friend by the shoulder and brought him in for a hug.He began explaining to Zacky quickly before leading him out of the dressing room,where they were going,I had no idea.I just knew-I had to get out of here.

My mouth suddenly went dry and my stomach twisted.Seeing Carter on the floor,passed out and unconscious was something I DID not plan on seeing at all.I noticed Matt Berry on the other side of the room talking on a cell phone quietly.I made my way over quietly,tapping him on the shoulder.He told me to wait a moment before he closed his phone and turned his attention to me.

"Sorry for bothering you-"

"It's alright.Did you need anything?"He asked.

I nodded,"Yeah.Can you do me a favor and give me a lift home? Brian and Jimmy sort of ambushed me today at work,so-My cars there and I have no way home."

Matt looked to what was happening with Carter then back to me,"Sure.Just let me get the keys and I'll take you home."

I thanked him and told the rest of the guys I was leaving and hoping to god Carter would be okay and everything would go back to normal tomorrow.Matt brought me back home; the drive was full of different talk,jumping from conversations.I felt really comfortable being with him,he understood some of the things I was talking about as well. We pulled up in front of my place and I thanked him for the ride.

"No problem."Matt responded.I smiled broadly and hopped out of the car.Before I closed the door,he nodded outside his window to the car sitting in my driveway,"Thought your car was at work?"

"Oh.That one?" I asked shoving my finger in the direction of the car," It's my boyfriends....actually."

Matt shot me a curious glance and slowly nodded,"Oh.Your boy,eh? Suppose he won't get all bent out of shape that I gave you a lift?"

"No,man.He's cool like that."I laughed.

"How about Brian being after your balls?"

I chewed on my lip,"I don't know about that.But you know.I'll talk to you later,Matt.Thanks for the ride."

"My pleasure,lady."Matt chuckled as I shut the door and began my walk up to the door.I sighed as my hand shook gently against the door knob.I didn't want to go inside knowing he was there waiting for me again,when he was barely there any other time.I sighed once again and pushed the door open finally and walked inside.