Sequel: Nothing Else Matters
Status: This is Done and we are happy to say we continued it.

Girl I Know

Chapter 25

Carter’s POV

After setting up, I decided to let the local girl man the table, after all I was planning on leaving as soon as they were done their second last song. I walked up next to Matty on the side of the stage. “Hey,” he said casually towards me.

“Hey,” I said looking at the boys sing their hearts out.

“You ok?” Matty asked.

“Yeah, I just wanted to say goodbye,” after I spoke those words his attention was fully on me.

“What do you mean?” he asked.

“I’m leaving, as soon as they finish their second last song I’m out of here,” I said looking down now willing to see the hurt look on his face.

“You can’t be serious,” Matty said worried.

“Come on Matty I have to go back,” I said not picking up on the fact that the boys could hear our conversation, through Matty’s private microphone.

“Go back where?” Matty asked.

“To where I was before I was here,” I didn’t want to tell him anything about where I was going, just in case. I kissed his cheek and turned to run off the stage. I went to the dressing room and picked up my back pack. I heard the door open behind me.

I turned slowly and there stood the one person I didn’t want to see, “Carter.” The sound of my name on his lips made my knees weak.

“Aren’t you supposed to be on stage?” I asked casually hoisting my back up higher.

“Where are you going?” he asked, it sounded like a little boy being abandoned.

“I said I wasn’t going to stay,” I answered trying not to look into his eyes, I needed to keep my ground.

“What happens if I said I was sorry?” he asked.

“You don’t have anything to apologize about,” I said fidgeting with my cell phone in my pocket.

“Can’t you stay? At least till we talk about it?”

“There’s nothing to talk about, I’m sorry,” I walked past him but he grabbed my arm. “Let me go, yo have to let me go,” I wasn’t talking about my arm and he knew it. He spun me in front of him. He placed my hand on his hip and his went to my face.

He grazed my face so softly that a moan escaped my lips. My eyes shut automatically; I was trying to control the beating of my heart, which I was sure he could hear. I could feel his breath on my forehead, as he planted a soft kiss, then traveled to my eye lids, my nose, my cheeks, then finally my lips. I felt the cold sting of his piercing but it made me have butterflies.

This kiss wasn’t like the one before, it was pleading asking for something more. Something I wasn’t ready to give him. I distanced myself from him, looked into his green eyes, as my vision blurred. I mumbled “I’m sorry,” and walked out of the dressing room. Forcing myself not to look back, forcing myself not to turn around, tell him everything and stay.

I walked into the cool night air and dug my cell phone out, between tears I called the number I had been given earlier. “Pick me up,” I said simply into the phone.

The black sedan with tinted windows pulled up and I got in without a word, the car drove away. I pulled out my I-pod and listened to Carrie Underwood – Unapologize, how fitting the song was for this situation.

I rested my head on the window and watched the lights fly by. I was going to miss being free, doing whatever I wanted, but I was going home. It was something I needed to do. I saw the middle compartment slowly roll down, so I pulled out my headphones.

“Countess, we would need to stop for you to change,” the driver said and I cringed at the title.

“Very well,” I got into character. That’s what my life had been a movie or a play where I played a character I detested but did for the sake of my family. The car stopped at the four seasons, and I waited for the driver to open the door. I stepped out of the car, and was met by my family’s American publicist.

“What are you wearing darling?” Darla spoke in her usual southern drawl.

“Clothes,” I said back at her, I didn’t hate her, she just irked me because of the way she took her job so seriously.

“Alright, let’s get you upstairs and into proper clothes before the paparazzi see you,” she ushered me into the building as her eyes darted around her voice was above a whisper. I followed, that’s what I was going to do from now on, follow orders.

I came out of the bathroom, changed into what was considered a proper outfit. A simple dark suit, a purse and matching shoes, high heels of course, out of the accessories I took a pair of sunglasses and put them on. My hair was straightened and falling down my back.

“Good, we need to hurry, the jet has only 10 minutes to lift off the ground, your parents are so pleased since you called, I am to accompany you all the way. I am not allowed to lose you out of my sight,” she was actually delighted about the fact, which made me roll my eyes.

I got my cell phone out of my back pack and my i-pod off the table throwing them into my “new” purse. I hated having purses back packs were so much easier. “Lead the way,” I said as I realized I was ready to face the music.

We got to the airport very fast, and I checked my phone before shutting it off. There were 5 text messages that made me cry.

From: Short Shit
Where did you go? I miss you!!1

From: Jimmy
Why couldn’t you stay?

From: Shaddows
If you need anything let me know.

From: Gates
Hey, have you talked to Sophie

From: Sophie
What the hell is this about you leaving? Call me asap.

I shut off the phone and rested against the cushy seat of my family’s private jet. They were going to miss me but not as much as I was going to miss them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Can't believe we are done the first one.
So Carter did leave, but come on do you guys think she'll be gone for long?
We shall see.
Hope you don't hate me too much.
And to answer the question you're all probably asking.
Yes there is a second one in the works.
XOXO
RomanianLover