Sequel: Nothing Else Matters
Status: This is Done and we are happy to say we continued it.

Girl I Know

Chapter 5

I was beating Sophia at pool, pretty bad, they’ve all had quite a bit to drink. There was a guy across the bar looking at me and Soph, I smiled at him and he tipped his drink at me. I picked up my glass and took a sip.

“He’s been looking at you all night,” Sophia said as she came up behind me.

“Yeah well, with these guys I might as well wear a keep off sign,” I pointed to the guys sitting in the booth laughing at something or another.

“I can imagine that, since they are all so...”

“Protective, dominating?” I said and she laughed nodding at me.

“I love them, they’re my family,” I said lining up my shot. When I felt a shadow fall over me.

“Could I buy you a drink?” a velvet voice said. I stood up and looked at the guy from across the bar.

“Sorry, I’m not...” I was cut off.

“Can we help you?” The guys all stood up.

“Guys, I can handle this on my own,” I said not turning to see them all stand behind me like I knew they were. The new guy eyed them.

“Sorry, didn’t know you were with them,” the guy excused himself but not before Zacky spoke up.

“She’s not with us, she’s just our merch girl,” his words sliced through me. I didn’t turn around I just froze. I felt Sophie put her hand on my shoulder but I shrugged it off.

“Alright guys, one more round, it’s on me,” I went to the bar, and ordered them shots, the words swerving in my head, like a car with a bad steering mechanism.

“I’ve come to help,” I heard Brian’s voice behind me.

“I can handle it,” I said under my breath, none of them stood up for me.

“Are you ok?” Brian asked.

“I’m awesome, why do you ask?” I got the shots on the tray and turned to him.

“What Zacky said back there...” Brian started to say but I cut him off by walking away. I turned half way and cocked my head to the side.

“Zacky said something?” I asked in my best blond impression voice. I went to the table and put the tray on it.

“Wow you’re good at that,” Matt commented on my bartending skills.

“Thanks, I really need some air,” I said as they all took shots and nodded at me.

I walked out of the bar as fast but quietly as I could the words had stung me “She’s just the merch girl,” was that all I was to them, some stupid groupie who decided to follow them around. I though...god I don’t even know what I thought, but it wasn’t this, it wasn’t just the merch girl.

They were my family and I was expandable, I was just someone they didn’t need but had around just because, what about all the times I was there, to pick them up off the floor, to drive them, to listen to them whine, to be there to be a friend.

I got to the car and unlocked it, I was fighting back tears. I took out my phone and as soon as I collected myself I dialled the one person that I could count on. “Hello,” he said a little groggy.

“Hey Matty, can you do me a favour?” I asked.

“For you anything sweet caked,” he said a little sheepishly but I knew he was getting out of bed and looking for his pants, it didn’t matter what me and Matt Berry were there for each other.

“I need you to pick up the guys at Johnny’s bar,” I said starting the engine.

“Alright, I’ll be there in 20,” he said.

“Thanks,” I hung up and drove out of the parking lot not looking back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's an update.
Enjoy.