Sequel: Nothing Else Matters
Status: This is Done and we are happy to say we continued it.

Girl I Know

Chapter 9

I went into Johnny’s bar and had my first drink in 4 years, it felt like coming home. I nursed it for a while and looked at the time. I needed to get back that was one thing I couldn’t do is let down the whole band, at least not for the next two week, family or not I was out of there.

I got in the van and drove back to the arena the show had started just like I planned not to see them, but they were staring me in the face when I entered the arena, everywhere I looked tee-shirts, caps, hoodies.

I made my way to the merch table and I was relieved, there was a girl taking care of everything, “Can I help you?” she asked me and I raised an eye brow at her.

“I’m Carter,” I said she just said a simple oh. I sat behind the table and sold some stuff, then I heard the girl who’s name I didn’t catch.

“That’s the girl that the band has been yelling about,” she said to her friend who looked at me.

“Hey, new girl?” I yelled a little louder then I should have, she came to me.

“Can you handle this by yourself?” I asked pointing to the table.

“Yeah,” she said as if I had just insulted her.

“Ok, congrats you’ve been promoted,” I said with a smile getting up.

“To what?” she asked a little bit excited.

“Super, Merch Girl,” I said walking away, there were barely any people around since ever one was watching the show. I got inside the dressing room, it smelled like Zacky, he always sprayed himself with a lot of Axe before going on.

I opened the fridge and found a bottle of JD, I cracked it open and sat on the couch taking swing after swing, it was making me feel good. I could hold my drink but the problem was once I started I couldn’t stop, not until I was face first in the toilet, or passed out somewhere.

Someone came through the door, I didn’t see who it was I had my eyes closed and was singing to the music that was blaring through the arena, Girl I know, just a perfect song, for a perfect situation. The couch dipped. I opened one eye and there sat Jason Berry.

“Hey buddy,” I said a little slurred surprised at the sound of my voice.

“Hey, Carter, where have you been?” He asked looking at the empty bottle of JD in my hand.

“Here, there everywhere,” I giggled, I never giggled. “But, hey let me ask you a question.”

“Okay shoot,” he said leaning back a bit, he was tired he looked like it, getting everything set up so everything would be smooth and no one had to worry about anything.

“Don’t you ever get tired of being the Roadie?” I didn’t slur this time and I was proud of myself.

“Who said I was a Roadie?” he asked intrigued.

“No one,” I said quickly truth be told I had never heard anyone call him or his brother Matty a roadie.

“Look, we are what, we are, I mean I guess my technical name is equipment technician, but I never feel like that, I haven’t felt like that in my life, except when they make jokes about it, but then again I make jokes about them,” Jason said taking the bottle that was about to fall out of my hand.

“Hmmm, am I just a merch girl?” I asked before I could stop myself. What the hell was my brain thinking.

“Nah, you’re like...I don’t even know what to call you, personal assistant, family,” he said putting an arm around me.

“You know what I like that second part,” I said smilling into his chest. I loved bear hugs.

“Family?”

“Yeah.”

“Why’s that?” He pushed me away from his chest to look down at me.

“I never had a family, this is my family, it’s too bad though,” I said thinking about having to leave.

“Too bad? Am I missing something?” Jason’s brows drew together.

“Yeah, I quit today, I gave my two weeks notice,” I said thinking back at Zacky’s face, thinking I was joking or that I would take it back, “and you know what it’s a good thing.”

“You can’t quit,” Jason said quickly.

“Oh but I am, I can’t do it anymore,” I said letting my head fall in my hands.

“Can’t do what?” He asked.

“I can’t keep loving him,” I said and stood up a little to quickly and fell and hit my head off the couch before Jason could catch me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow we are on a fricking roll.