Boulevard of Broken Dreams

(01)

Image

xxxx

Hello. A simple word. Also, a very complex word. Has many meanings to it. ‘Hello. How are you?’ ‘Hello. Now get away.’ ‘Hello, I’m a vampire.’ Or just plain, ‘hello’. Ah, how words can describe a person. But, ah, how such little words can hide so much.

xxxx

I sit outside my high school on the stone bench, having been called out of class, because my mom was coming to pick me up. I kick my feet back and forth, twiddling my thumbs, whistling the tune to Second Chance by Shinedown. My name is Vanyx. Lemme tell you a little bit about myself. I’m not exactly a ‘bad boy’. But, I’m not a ‘momma’s boy’ either. I live with my mom and brother, Seriol. Yeah, his name is like ‘cereal’, except spelt different. Sometimes I feel bad for the kid, but sometimes I don’t. I mean, it’s not like I don’t have problems that I have to worry about. I’m 17, bisexual, and I write poetry. No, not sappy love poems. Like, ‘why is the world so fucked up’ poems. That, and I play guitar. I get it from my dad. My dad who I knew for 2 years of my childhood, then he just up and left. Seriol didn’t even get to meet him. Mom was pregnant with him when he left. My brother still asks me questions about him. Sigh.

HONK HONK

I look up to see my mom’s mini van waiting at he edge of the street. I smile and run over to it. I hop in the front seat and don’t bother buckling my seatbelt. My mom’s lips are in a straight line when she drives off. I look back at my brother in the back seat and he shrugs his shoulders. I sit back in my seat and sigh.

“So… where we goin’?” I ask my mom.

“Listen, Van. You both drive me crazy. Stealing drugs, your swearing, your tempers. EVERYTHING drives me crazy. So, me and your dad have decided to send you away. Don’t try to stop us, ‘cause we don’t care.” she tells me, anger taking over her face.

xxxx

Goodbye. A simple word. Also, a very complex word. Has many meanings to it… Ah, how such a little word can tell you so much about someone. Goodbye bitch…

xxxx

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
Again, it got deleted for some reason, so I had to find different icons. Thanks. And you should subscribe again and comment again pleasey cheeasy!!