Boulevard of Broken Dreams

(04)

Image
Falcon ^

xxxx

“Hello…?”

Poke.

“Van?”

Poke.

“Wake up, please…?”

Shove.

“Urgh… what do you want, Seriol?” I mumble, sitting up.

His eyes are glossy and it’s all red and puffy around them. He’d been crying, clearly, all night.

“Seriol… you okay?” I whisper, noticing Rain still sleeping next to me.

Seriol shakes his head and bites his bottom lip. He falls into my arms, which I immediately pull him into my lap with. He cries and cries for, like, twenty minutes.

Poor guy.

“You okay now, honey?” I ask him, looking into his baby blues. He nods and sniffles.

Rain shifts next to us and grabs my wrist with one of his hands. I chuckle and Seriol gets off my lap.

“Mornin’ Raindrop. This is my little brother, Seriol. Seriol, this is Rain.” I say, proudly. Rain opens his eyes and sits up.

“’Sup?” he says. I giggle. Jeez, I’m gay.

“Eh… besides being scared shitless by my roommate, nothing much.” Seriol says with a smirk. I pull him onto the bed in front of me and Rain.

“Tell us all about it.” I say. Rain grabs my hand under the blanket, and Seriol proceeds.

“Well, his name is Falcon. That tells you a lot already. He’s got humungous hair, and wears a ton of eyeliner. Anyway, when I got escorted to my room, I met him and when Gerard left the room, he practically raped me.” My jaw drops. No one better have raped my little brother. They’ll have to deal with me…

“He raped you?!” Rain yells, his voice squeaking.

I look at him in confusion. “You know him?” I ask.

Rain nods and says, “Yeah, he’s my sister’s boyfriend!”

Once again, my jaw drops.

“Well, after he… did that, he downed, like, seven beers, smoked a ton of cigarettes, and cut himself all up. He’s like an alcoholic emo druggie. And I’m scared to go back. I was lucky enough to get away this morning.” Seriol finishes.

I am shocked. So, my little brother’s roommate is a possible rapist, a druggie, an alcoholic, an emo, and a cheater. Hm.

“Uh… maybe Gerard will let you change rooms.” I say, hopeful. Rain shakes his head.

“Once you’re assigned a room, you’re stuck with that room. Sorry Seriol…” he says.

I look down. I don’t want to have to worry about my brother the whole time we’re here. I want to enjoy it some. But, I do have to stick up for him.

“Well, me and Rain will talk to him, ‘k?” I tell Seriol, reassuringly.

He nods and hugs me, then Rain. “Thanks guys.” he says. We go, “mhm”, and watch him leave our room. I groan and flop back down on my pillow. Rain chuckles at me and I go, “What?”

“Oh, nothing. Just, uh… last night… it was kinda… dare I say, fun.” he says between snickers. I groan again, remembering last night. Ugh…

“Oh uh… yeah. Fun, right.” I mumble, sitting back up. Rain frowns and looks down. Aw, I didn’t mean to make him feel bad.

“I’m sorry. I just… usually don’t rush into it like that… it was just-” I was interrupted by Seriol running back into our room and jumping into our bed and hiding behind me.

“What the hell?!” I yell.

“Shh. Falcon’s coming…” he tells me. I shudder.

“Oh, Seriol. Where arrrrreee yooou? Wanna see my Lucky Charms again?” This was followed by muffled laughter and a whimper from Seriol. How dare he mock my brother’s name!

“Shh. Stay here with Rain.” I tell my little brother.

I get up and tip-toe out of the room into the hallway. I see the back of a skinny male with hee-uge hair. Falcon…

“Hey.” I call.

“Who are you?” Falcon says, when he turns around. Well, I’m the brother of the kid you tried to molest last night…

“I’m Vanyx Jazzton. You’re Falcon. And I heard you tried to rape my little brother last night, huh?” I say, getting closer every word I speak.

“Uh… y-yeah. So? What’re you gonna do about it?” he asks me.

“Nothing. But you have to do me a favor.” I say. I’m good at making deals…

“Follow me.” I say, and grab the guy’s smooth hand.

We walk back to me and Rain’s room and walk in the door. Seriol shrieks when Falcon walks in, but I tell him it’s okay.

“We’re just gonna talk.” I say.

I move Seriol down the bed, across from where I sit next to Rain, and motion for Falcon to take a seat next to him.

“Okay… what’s everyone’s favorite color?” I ask.

“Black.”

“Black.”

“Black.”

“Pink.”

We all stare at Seriol and he raises his arms up in the air, innocently. We all laugh, and move on.

“Favorite band?” Rain asks.

“The Used.” Falcon says.

“Tokio Hotel.” I say.

“Linkin Park.” Rain says.

Seriol doesn’t answer for a few moments.

“Seriol? What’s your favorite band?” I ask him.

“You guys are gonna laugh.” he mumbles.

“No we won’t. I promise.” Falcon says, and grabs his hand.

Wow. Affection. Cool.

“Uh… The Beatles…” he whispers.

I smile. I knew it. That softie.

“Okay. Hm… favorite food?” Falcon asks us all.

“COOKIES!” we all yell.

We all fall into each other, laughing. Wow, this is great.

“Dudes, let’s go somewhere. What do you guys do here?” I say after our laughing fit.

Falcon and Rain exchange glances and, at the same time, they say, “Swimming.” I gulp. Oh no. Did my mom pack me swimming trunks?! I hope so…

“Hold on.” I say.

I walk over to the trash bags and suitcases of mine in the corner of the room, and open one of the suitcases. All of my band t-shirts are in it, along with three pairs of Converse, boxers, and… my swimming trunks! YES! I pick them up and walk into the bathroom. I strip out of my skinny jeans and boxers and put the black swimming trunks on. I take off my sweatshirt and t-shirt, but put my sweatshirt back on, over my bare chest.

I’m too white. BOO! I’m a ghoooosssstttt!

Hehe.

Hey, what’s this?

I reach in my sweatshirt pocket and see the folded up piece of notebook paper my mom had given me the day before. I take a deep breath, and open it. In the middle of the page, there’s eight words.

Dear Seriol and Vanyx, I’m Sorry. Love, Dad.

I stumble backwards staring into the mirror, wide-eyed, and trip on something on the floor. I fall on the floor, and Rain, Seriol, and Falcon come running in the bathroom. They see my shocked expression and the piece of paper clutched to my chest. Seriol gasps, recognizing it.

“Van, you’re bleeding…” Rain says, and kneels down next to me. He gets a washcloth and wipes the blood off my forehead and left hand.

“Van, what’s the matter?” Seriol asks.

Did Dad really write it, or did my mom?

“Come on, let’s get him onto the bed.” Falcon says.

Next thing I know, I’m being carried over to the bed and laying down. Rain’s next to me.

Come on, Van. Stop being a wuss. Seriol’s watching. You gotta be the strong one, not the depressed little emo kid.

“Um… n-nothing. S-Swimming time.” I say, stuffing the piece of paper back in my pocket.

I get up and flash the best smile I can at them, and walk out the bedroom door. I walk down the hallway, clutching onto the cross, dangling from my neck.

Please God, keep Seriol safe here, no matter what happens to me, Let him live a good life here. And give me a sign. Was it my mom or Dad? Please God, I’m sorry for everything in the past, I-I’m a new person… I think. No. I know. Okay, no I don’t. Sorry for being such a disappointment to you, Father. Amen.

I seal the prayer with a tear, then Rain grabs my shoulders. “Uh… the pool’s this way, Van.” he tells me.

“Oh yeah. I-I knew that.” I say, shrugging it off.

We walk back down the hallway. Rain tries to grab my hand, but I shove them in the pockets of my sweatshirt and start walking faster.

I don’t need you. I’m already alone. I don’t need anyone! I can do just fine by myself! I’m tired of being pushed around and beat up all the time! Mentally and physically! I don’t need anymore of it! Fuck it!

I’m running now. I come to a barbed wire fence, probably the way out of this place. I climb up it, cutting my hands the whole way. I lose my grip and fall backwards.

Let m die. Now.

But, unfortunately, I’m caught by someone. I don’t even bother looking to see who I was caught by. I just shut my eyes.

“What do you think you’re doing, trying to jump a twenty foot fence? You could kill yourself, Vannie.”

My eyes shoot open. Only one person in the whole world has ever called me Vannie…

My Dad.

I look up. It’s the same face that left me, fifteen years ago. Fifteen years of pure Hell. Fifteen goddamn years!

“Let me down!” I scream. He does so.

“Vannie, I-I’m sorry. I really am… just, your mom-” I cut him off.

“Don’t tell me about my fucking mother. I’m the one who had to deal with her depression for fifteen years, while you were off banging some underage chick! Yeah, I know about that…” I tell him.

His expression is torn.

Oh well, he deserves it.

“Vanyx, I didn’t think you’d be angry to see me… I mean, it’s been fifteen years. Oh, that reminds me. Where’s your brother? I want to meet my other son.”

“You’re never meeting him, you bastard. Get out.” I say.

“Van…”

“Get OUT!” I scream. I leap on him and wrap my hands around his throat. I squeeze as hard as I can, trying to cut off his breathing. “I hate you! I hate you! I hate you!” I scream as loud as I can.

“Vanyx, are you okay? Vanyx! Get off him now!”

Gerard.

“No!” I yell at him. I notice tears streaming down my face, now. Good.

Gerard runs over to me and frees my dad from my grip. I use my nails and lash out at him, causing him to have a line of fresh blood dripping down his cheek.

“Y-You fucking left. You left! While mom was pregnant with my brother! He’s not even your son! I’m not your son! You’re not my fucking father! I’ve been alone for fifteen fucking years! And you decide to show up now?! While I’m in a… mental institute! One that you agreed to let us be shipped off to! Just go. Get him out of here, Gerard. I don’t wanna see his fucking face anymore.” I say.

Gerard nods and walks my dad by the shoulders, out of the premises.

I fall on my hands and knees and cry. Really cry. I had just told my fucking dad off…

“Vanyx… are you okay?” A hand rests on my back and I shake my head. Gerard lifts me up into a hug. I cry into the crook of his neck, staining his white shirt, with tears.

“Shh. It’s okay.” he tells me. He presses his lips to my head and I cry even more. He’s more of a dad then my dad.

I stop crying in about ten minutes.

“I love you, Gerard. But, not like a creepy way. Like a father-son way.” I say.

“Oh. Yeah, of course. Love you too, bud.” he tells me. I smile and he lets go of me.

“You wanna show me where the pool is?” I ask. He nods and takes my hand. We walk back down the lawn and to our right is a pool shack, then a huge pool.

“Thanks. I’ll see you later.” I tell Gerard. I walk over to where Seriol is tanning in a pool chair, and press a kiss to his forehead. He smiles and opens his eyes, behind his sunglasses.

“What’s that all about?” he asks, smirking.

I shrug and take my sweatshirt off. I set it in the chair next to Seriol’s and put my arms around myself.

“I’m too white.” I mumble.

“Nice.” he mumbles back.

“Get in the pool with me, little bro.” I say.

Seriol shakes his head and I grab his arm. He can’t get free of my grasp, it’s clear, so he gives it up.

I lift his shirt up over his head, with one hand, and he kicks his sandals off. I toss his sunglasses onto his chair, and we jump in.

My first instinct is, COLD!

Once I get above the water again, I see Rain. Right in front of me.

“Hi.” he says. I go underwater and swim over to where I think is the edge.

I come back up and notice it’s not the edge, but it’s Falcon.

“Oh,” I say, “Sorry.” I mumble and turn around, only to do a double-take.

Oh my God!

Seriol’s hands are on each side of Falcon’s face, and they’re lips are moving together perfectly. Aww. Baby bro’s found someone!

“Awww.” I say. They stop kissing and Falcon, surprisingly, blushes.

“It wasn’t me, I swear.” he says, pointing to Seriol.

Seriol smirks and swims over to the stairs on the side of the pool. He climbs up them and walks over to the diving board. He makes a perfect dive, landing right in front of me. I shield my eyes from the water.

I chuckle and give my brother a big hug, only to make us both go underwater. I let go, and we swim back up to the surface.

“So… you two… are you guys, like,…” I say, hoping they’ll finish the sentence for me.

“Together? We’re not really sure. We’re gonna see where we end up in, like, a week, then we’ll decide together.” Seriol informs me.

“Ah.” I say.

Falcon taps my shoulder and motions towards Rain. “What about him? Aren’t you two, like,… together?” he asks.

I shake my head. “No. We kissed a few times last night, but it didn’t mean anything. I don’t want anyone right now. Especially since I’ve only been here a day. I barely even know him. So, no.” I tell him.

He looks down and Seriol points behind me.

Uh-oh.

I turn around and there’s Rain with tears pouring out his eyes. He swims over to the stairs, climbs up them, and stands on the concrete.

“I don’t mean anything. I guess that classifies me as a toy then, huh? So, you lied to me and used me. Great… I feel real special. Thanks, Vanyx.” he yells at me.

“Raindr-”

“Don’t fucking call me that! You’re a bastard! You’re right! You are a whore!” And he runs away from the pool.

“Well, that went smoothly…” Seriol mumbles. I laugh and hake my head at him, then smack him on the head.

xxxx

ImageImage
♠ ♠ ♠
Thankies for reading! Comment, rate, whatever, if you want to. :D