People Change

Matthew Sanders and his band of friends found endless joy in making fun of Sydney Sullivan, James Sullivan’s younger sister. She had potential to be beautiful, but it was covered up by her brainy demeanor, a few extra pounds, and the lack of a fashion sense or makeup. She had long legs, much like her older brother, but she lacked the grace to use them, earning her the nickname Stilt Chick, since she was so clumsy it appeared as though she had stilts on.

Finally, after graduation, Sydney was sick of it. She lost the extra weight and took some ballet classes to learn grace so she could at least put her legs to good use. She bought a whole new wardrobe full of trendy clothes and began to wear makeup. She began to style her hair and invested in a hair dryer and flat iron. Within a year, she transformed from the caterpillar to the butterfly.

When her brother invites her to a Halloween Party at Valary and Matt’s house, Sydney reluctantly agrees to go, if only to see Val and the girls, who were nice to her even if their boyfriends never were. All the guys are shocked at her surprising transformation, and she even manages to attract the unwanted attention of one Brian Haner Jr.

Author’s Note:
I do not own Avenged Sevenfold or any of their girlfriends. This story is purely fictional.

© 2009 Audrey