People Change

Horror and Kisses

Brian knocked on Sydney’s door and waited patiently for her to answer it. The light above the door flickered on, illuminating Brian as he stood on the metal landing. The sky above him darkened to a purplish blue; the last sliver of sunlight had long since disappeared beneath the horizon, sucking all the light down with it. Brian heard Sydney step up to the door and turned himself towards it, burying his hands in his jacket pockets.

“Hey, Brian,” Sydney greeted as she pulled open the door. Brian pulled her into a hug and pressed a kiss to her lips. Sydney smiled as they pulled away and ushered Brian into the apartment. “I’m running just a little late this evening. But luckily Lanie and Matt took their companion dealings over to Matt’s house; otherwise I’d be too busy finding something to plug my ears with to get ready.”

She motioned hastily for Brian to sit down, but he just stood in the living room as Sydney disappeared back into the bathroom. They planned on going to see the late showing of Halloween 2. Sydney said she had a love/hate relationship with horror movies, but she could handle it if Brian could. She’d winked at Brian, then, and Brian couldn’t help but grin back.

“Alright, I’m ready,” Sydney said a few minutes later, stepping back out of the bathroom and flicking the light off. She went around and turned all the lights off, simultaneously pulling her shoes on and grabbing her purse. Finally, she linked hands with Brian and led the way out of her apartment.

@@@@@

After the movie when they stepped out into the lobby of the theater, Brian wrapped his arms around Sydney’s shoulders and pulled her gently against his side. She gladly rested her cheek against his shoulder and coiled her long, skinny arm around his waist, the tip of her index finger drawing circles in his side. Throughout the entire movie, Sydney had done nothing but jumped every time Michael Myers leaped out of nowhere, digging her face further into Brian’s chest every time. Occasionally, when the scary horror movie theme music had faded into the distance, she’d peek out from cracks in her fingers. Brian found it highly amusing and just pulled her closer each time she jumped.

“So, did you see any of that movie?” Brian teased as they walked out into the night. “Because your face was buried in my chest almost the entire time.”

“Shut up,” Sydney snapped playfully, trying to shove Brian away but failing epically. She glared around at him as he just wrapped his arm tighter around her, crushing her against his side. “I did, actually.”

“Who lived?”

“Um...”

“Exactly,” Brian said with a smirk as they reached his SUV. He pecked her temple before they were forced to separate to climb into his vehicle.

A few minutes later, he pulled into the alleyway behind the bakery. They both climbed out, Sydney already hunting down her keys. She found them as they began to ascend the steps, and had separated the right one from the rest by the time they reached the door. She led the way into the flat, dropping her keys back into her purse and depositing her purse on the coffee table in the living room.

Sydney turned around to find Brian standing inches away from her. He curled his finger gently underneath her jaw, pulling her face towards his. Their lips met, and Sydney slid her arms around Brian’s neck eagerly. He pulled her body gently against his, slipping his hands underneath the back of her shirt to gently caress her lower back.

After several moments, Brian pulled away. He smiled and tapped the tip of Sydney’s nose with his index finger. Sydney grinned back as Brian stepped back.

“See you later,” he said, leaning forward for one quick kiss.

“Bye,” Sydney replied with a wave as he backed out of the front door, still grinning.
♠ ♠ ♠
THERE!
Happy now, lizzygill24?
You shouldn't have worried. Ever since you suggested this chapter, I planned on writing it. =}
Thanks for the idea, by the way.