He Knew

Body Shaking Sobs

“I’m afraid.”

“Of what?”

“Falling in love with you.”

That conversation had definitely taken Adam off guard and Kris couldn’t even look him in the eyes after it.

He watched as Kris walked off the empty stage and slammed the door to the dressing room. It echoed through the stadium and took Adam by surprise. He flinched a little before reality hit him and he chased after Kris.

“Hey, hey,” Adam pushed open the door to see Kris unbuttoning his shirt. His breath hitched in his throat.

Kris looked up at Adam and watched him for a moment. His bottom lip was nudged between teeth and he was sure Adam could hear his heart beating.

“Why is it such a bad thing?” Adam asked with his arms crossed over his chest, “why are you so damn afraid of admitting the things that you know are you true?” he closed the space between himself and Kris.

When Adam’s hands gripped at Kris cheeks, he refused to look the taller boy in the eye. He glanced at the wall behind Adam’s hand and his chest was moving rapidly.

“Talk to me, Kris! C’mon! Don’t leave me guessing what you’re thinking. Just…come on!” Adam said loudly and when Kris didn’t look at him, he softly placed his lips over top of the other’s.

Kris didn’t kiss back so Adam took that as a hint and backed off. He glanced at Kris to see him trembling with his eyes closed.

“Why can’t you just tell me what’s going on?” Adam kept his hands on Kris’s cheeks and could feel the others cheeks heating up under his palms.

Kris seemed to choke on his words as he crumbled into tears and fell against Adam. His arms wrapped around Adam’s neck and he buried his face against them. Adam could feel the sobs as they shook Kris’s body.

And that was when he knew that Kris just wasn’t afraid of falling in love with him. He was actually in love Adam. No words needed to be said but Adam knew and he loved Kris more than anything else in the world.