The Ghost of Memories.

Prologue.

My name, as you most likely know, is Audrey. Audrey Elena Way. My parents, were Jennifer Tyler, and Gerard Way. Most knew my dad as the singer from My Chemical Romance. Well, I suppose he was, to you of course. To me, he was my dad. My comfort. The only man I could ever turn to when my life appears to me to be upside down and back to front. My mother, to me, was nothing more than my biological mother, and the person who was obliged by law to send support money, because of that genetic link. I must also make it clear, that I did not often call my parents, ‘mom’ or ‘dad’. I called them Jenny and Gerard. It was just something I did from a very young age. I’d only call Jenny ‘mom’ if I knew I couldn’t get away with calling her Jenny, and I’d only call Gerard ‘dad’ in front of company.

This book will contain many secrets, which I have never shared before. I would never share them all. I couldn’t. They were my parents’ secrets to tell, and they never did. They may both be gone, but it does not mean that their memories can’t be disgraced.

Many won’t understand why on Earth I’m writing this. It’s not about the money, or the fame. I have enough money to live on for a lifetime, and my children will probably live a reasonably well off lifestyle as well. I already had a slight internet fame, when it was found out who I was, after my father’s band’s fourth studio album. I have written two children’s books. I have done minor Hollywood roles. I have also followed in my family’s musical footsteps, and played guitar in a band.

For a moment there, I felt like I was writing my CV again. I remember writing my real CV, when I was applying for a job in the beauty industry, but that, my friends, is another chapter.

If you’re at all interested, in my story, read on. If you’re not interested, I’m fine with that. Just leave. Leave this book on a park bench. Give it to a charity store. Give it to a friend. Whatever.

I’m hoping that that first page wasn’t as awkward and dorky as it sounded in my head.

x Audrey Way x

Image