The Ghost of Memories.

Best Friends.

When Dad finished the album, they decided to use ‘I’m Not Okay (I Promise)’ as a single. When I listened to the lyrics of that song, it told so many stories, about my father’s high school life, and his home life. ‘I’m okay. I’m OKAY!!’ I knew that this was about lying to everyone in his life, just to get him or her off his case, because I knew he lied about being okay to everyone - Sophie had helped teach me that, as a little girl. I wish he didn't have to - or that I'd never found out, because then I wouldn't have had to worry that his emotions were fake every time he seemed happy.

They then released ‘Helena’, a song about my nana Elena. The video was so upsetting for my dad and I. We couldn’t bear to watch it, and we were both in it. I was sat at the back, just being unnoticed. As it was shot in LA, we had to wait for a rainy day. Tracy became a close friend of my dad. By that time, I wasn’t planning to make any friends – I had shut myself off from the world. The only person who could break down my walls fully was Donna. My dad tried, and nearly succeeded, but I just couldn’t tell him. It was harder to tell Dad, maybe it was seeing him everyday that made it difficult.

I was slowly turning into my dad, like when his great grandma died when he was a kid, where the only person he would open up to was his nan.

It was often commented on about how much alike we were. We looked extremely similar; my hair colour being the only major difference, apart from my developing female figure. We were also very alike mentally and emotionally. We agreed on things ninety nine per cent of the time, and we laughed and got upset over the same things. My dad and I were best friends.