Noah Clarke

A Cursed Helping Hand 6

“Noah?” a voice whispers. “Is that you?” “And why are you sleeping on a bench?” the voice asks. Noah groans, and then as he opens his eyes, revealing a familiar face. A girl named Jordan from Noah’s science class. “Jordan?” Noah asks rubbing his eyes. “What are you doing here? And can you please turn off the headlights from your car, they’re blinding me!” he exclaims. “Sorry, come with me; I’ll get you home.” Jordan answers. Noah gets up, follows Jordan and sits down in the passenger’s seat of her car.

“So, can you explain to me why you were sleeping on a bench?” Jordan asks. “It’s a very, very long story…” Noah replies. “Ok…last time I saw you was in science class; you were daydreaming and the teacher was about to give you detention when you were saved by the bell” Jordan says giggling. “Uhm, I remember” Noah replies. “I’m going to sleep; can you wake me up when we get…wherever we are going?” Noah asks exhausted.

“Sure, we are going to my house…were we’ll talk about all of this” Jordan replies looking confused. Noah dozes off into a deep, dreamless sleep, only to be awakened by the sound of grinding metal. As he opens his eyes baffled by the situation he sees Jordan’s car grinding against the highway railings.

“Jordan what in the world?” Noah exclaims perplexed. “I don’t know, I saw some animal in the middle of the street and I didn’t want to hit it so I threw the car to one side and then…” Jordan hollered back at Noah, unable to finish as they finally got to the intersection and the car started to flip over. “Push to the right…HARD!” Noah screamed out to stop the car from flipping. Jordan and Noah both threw themselves to their right, causing the car to get back on all fours. Jordan then pulled to a stop on the grass.

Noah and Jordan both just sat there; breathing heavily in awe and complete shock. Jordan pulled out her cell phone and dialed 911. As they picked up the phone and said the usual “911 what’s your emergency?” Noah and Jordan continued to just sit in their seats. “Hello?” the operator asked. Then Noah came back to Earth and realized what was happening. He snatched the phone away from Jordan and talked into it still awed by the situation.

“Uhm…we have just been in a car crash miss” Jordan talks into the phone, completely thrown off balance. Noah and Jordan waited on the grass for the police; they didn’t even know why they called them because they weren’t even in a real crash.

They were just in shock. “Jordan I’m so sorry.” Noah says apologetically. “It’s fine; it’s not even your fault.” Jordan replies; apparently still dazed. “Yes; it is actually” Noah says. “I seem to have a curse or something because all of these horrible things have been happening and all I seem to be doing about it is bringing the bad luck to others!” Noah exclaims, with tears forming in his eyes.

“But really Noah, it’s fine, I’m fine aren’t I?” Jordan asks sarcastically. “You’re probably scarred for life.” Noah answers sadly. “I’m fine, really…oh look, the police is here.” Jordan answers completely changing the subject of her being “fine”. They explain their situation to the cops and they watch Jordan’s car get taken away by the tow truck. The police said that they should probably go to the hospital to see if they were damaged in any way, even though they felt fine.

After their trip to the hospital Noah tells Jordan how he cannot stay with her any longer because he doesn’t want to bring any more bad luck to her. Jordan tries to argue but Noah refuses to stay with her. He justifies his answer leaving Jordan with no choice but to agree. Noah and Jordan say their goodbyes and Jordan get’s Noah a cab to make up for Noah not wanting to stay with her.

Noah get’s into the cab; the cab driver is a tall looking man in his 40’s with long black, silky hair tied back into a ponytail. He has large green eyes and a long sharp nose. He was wearing a black skull cap and a long-sleeved black v-neck with a black hood over it.

“Hay there young sir, I’m Germaiah; where ya goin?” the cab driver asked with an unrecognizable accent. “Hi there Germaiah, can you take me to the Orange county mall in, well…Orange county?” Noah asked, almost whispering. “Sure thing bud, we’ll be there in about an hour.” Germaiah replied, cheerfully.

“Alright, you mind if I sleep?” Noah pleaded. “Oh no worries man, go on ahead…I’ll wake ya up when we get there ok?” Germaiah continued, cheerfully. “Ok then.” Noah replied as he fell into yet another dreamless sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
I noticed while I was writing this chapter, that one of my friend's life is very similar to Noah's......weird. Well...idk! Enjoy!! XD