Noah Clarke

Not Him, No Not Him 8

Joseph came back into the room in a black v-neck, black skinny jeans, and a pair of black sandals. “Where are we going?” Noah asked. “Surprise…” Joseph answered. “Oh boy!” Noah answered sarcastically. “What?” “Nothing” “Yes something, what’s bothering you?” “Do you not want to go?” Joseph asked. “I’m just tired.” “I don’t really feel like going out.” Noah continued. “Alright then we’ll stay here and watch some movies or something.” Joseph replied softly. “Sounds great” Noah answered, seeming uninterested. “Is something wrong Noah?” “Can you stop asking me that?” Noah answered raising his voice.

“Did I not tell you in the car that I have lost two of the closest people to me and have injured another?” “I’m sorry, I really forgot about that” “Please forgive me” Joseph said sympathetically. “Its fine, I’m just cranky because I haven’t gotten any sleep” Noah answered, yawning. “How about this?” Joseph asked. “You go to sleep, so you can recover your energy and thoughts and then tomorrow we will plan from there on…ok?” Joseph suggested softly.

“That sounds better” Noah answered, turning around and smiling at Joseph. Noah got up and Joseph gave him a soft kiss on the lips and a gentle hug. “Alright, I’ll see you tomorrow when I’m in a better mood” Noah said chuckling. “Alright…night!” Joseph yelled as Noah closed the door. Joseph laid on the sofa to watch T.V. but eventually fell asleep on the couch.

Back in the room Noah slept in Noah was entering a new nightmare. Noah was standing in a long hallway that looked endless. Hundreds of doors just lined up on the walls beside him. Then suddenly the same woman from the nightmare before the day Christie died started to fade in from the floor; as she had done in his previous nightmare.

She wore the same gothic dress with the same gloves and same fishnets. She looked exactly the same as she had before. In her twenties with long black hair thrown across her face with pale skin and that faint red glow coming from behind her hair where her eyes were hidden. Then he noticed that this time, she was holding a scythe. It was a long staff with a long eclipse shaped dagger attached to the end. It was gleaming as if it was reflecting a full moon.

But the only reflection Noah could see were of trapped spirits and souls lost in the cursed power of this dark queen. Then Noah yelped as he saw that chained to this shadow queens wrist, was his new love Joseph. He looked pale, and thin. He had massive bags under his eyes and his before bleached blonde hair, now pale with little strands of white within it.

“Joseph!” Noah yelled in complete and absolute shock and horror. “No…Noah” Joseph whispered, struggling as if it took up all of his energy just to speak. “Let her go you crazy bitch!” Noah cried now turning all of his fear into pure, red anger. The woman just chuckled a chilling chuckle to herself and lunged forward; lifting her scythe into the sky with her long, powerful arms.

Noah thought actively and quickly sidestepped. The dark queen swung her scythe after Noah had sidestepped which caused her to tumble to the floor because of the overpowering weight of the scythe. Noah than kneeled down next to Joseph which was being dragged by the queen the entire time; and quickly whispered in his ear before the dark queen got up “Don’t worry Joseph; I promise I’m going to get you out of here!”

Then as the queen finally managed to get on her feet, Noah darted forward and tried to rip the scythe out of her hands. But the queen was way too powerful. She completely overpowered Noah, who still clung to the scythe and swung it in a quick motion that made Noah go flying, crushing right through a door. The room was dark, and Noah was seeing little spots due the massive pain that Noah was now in.

Noah as fragile as he was, managed to get on his feet right as the queen came in. A powerful dark aura not far behind the queen. Then suddenly a bolt of white lightning struck the middle of the room and the whole room grew white for a second as Noah caught a glimpse of where the queen was. Noah noticed that there was a new aura in the room. It smelled of pure sulfur with a mix of toothpaste.

In Greek myths everyone’s aura had their individual smells that were sometimes unusual. Noah knew this because he had mythology class in 8th grade. Then Noah had an idea; it was said that you could control what happened in people’s dreams and nightmares. So Noah closed his eyes and thought hard.

For a second, Noah was about to give up. And then suddenly he heard the queen give a loud shriek and a he Noah could see light through his closed eyes. When he opened them, the queen was lit up in flames. Yes, Noah’s plan had worked! He wished that a white bolt of fire would strike the queen and tada! But then Noah noticed Joseph. He had completely forgotten about Joseph!

Joseph was also in white flames, screaming as if in a choir with the queen. Noah closed his eyes and wished for a specific weapon. Then his hands grew cold as a bright white staff-like object started to appear in his hand. It was a sword made of white fire. Noah couldn’t explain why his weapon was cold, but he had no time to be thinking about little details. He had to save Joseph, and quick!

Noah ran up to the two ignited humans and quickly slashed the queen’s wrist. It quickly split in half and fell off freeing Joseph. The queen’s yelps became louder and louder until Noah’s ears started to bleed. Noah grabbed Joseph and slumped him on his shoulder and started to run out the door. Then the door burst aflame which trapped Noah and Joseph, which was unconscious by now.

Then Noah saw a light on the other side of the room. A light even brighter than the fire bolt that was still clunk to the screaming queen. It was so bright; Noah could barely look at it. But he had no other way out. So he ran right through it and when he opened his eyes he was back in his bed at Joseph’s house. Noah shrieked in horror. Joseph came running in the room also in horror. “Noah what’s wrong!?” “Joseph, you’re alive!” Noah yelled at the top of his lungs.

Noah jumped out of his bed and into Joseph’s arms sobbing in panic. “It’s ok, it was all just a bad dream Noah; trust me, its ok” Joseph said softly as he held Noah tightly in his arms. “Come on, let’s go talk about this over breakfast” Joseph whispered softly into Noah’s ear.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter was so fantastically fun to write. I enjoyed it so much. I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I did!
Love
-Milton XD