The Torn Black Parade

Skylines and Turnstiles

Gerard's POV September 11 2001

It was too much a nice day to go to New York to work. "Damn that sun is beautiful!", I said to myself as I watched the sun stream through the one little window I had in my dungeon of a room. I grabbed my cell off of my nightstand. Speed dial;Stan. He's my boyfriend, has been for three months. Excuse my gayness but he was gorgeous. "Hello Angel", he answered. "Hey Babe, I'm taking off from work okay?" "Sure. I'll tell Dave. I'll pick you up after work gets out and we'll go to mall", I could almost see his smile. "Yeah Sweet" I tried being seductive but that never works for me, "I can't wait" He cracked up, "Keep it in your pants" "Haha, love you.. bye"

I was playing hooky, man I feel like a kid. Everyone was at work right now, well except Mikes. He was at school. I tore off the dark dirty covers of my bed and headed up to the kitchen. A nice bowl of frosted flakes should be sweet. I grabbed a cup of Coffee and drank it down in one go. A quick shower should be good too, sure as hell needed it too.

I headed up the stairs and went up to the second floor. I grabbed a clean towel, washed my dear old Mum the night before. I locked the door and climbed into the cubicle. Cold water stung at my skin but the temperature soon adjusted. I always sang in the shower.. I don't even know where the words came from but they did.

"Well I'll choose the life I've taken, never mind the friends I'm making
and the beauty that I'm faking lets me live my life like this
And well I find it hard to stay, with the words you say
Oh baby let me in
Oh baby-"

"GERARD LET ME IN!"

"What the fuck Mikes?", I said as I shut off the water and wrapped a towel around my waist. "GERARD PLEASE OPEN THE DOOR I NEED TO SEE YOUR FACE NOW", he shouted through the thin wood. "Mikey what is it? Are Mom and Dad okay?", I said, I was completely worried by the sound of my younger brother's voice. As soon as I could open the door Mikey wrapped his arms around sobbing like a child. He pretty much attacked me, causing my towel to fall, not that he cared, odd enough. Usually if I went two inches with nothing on he gave me the scarred for life or my eyes are bleeding deal. Something was really wrong. "Mikey?", I asked wrapping my arms around him, "What happened?"

"I-thought-you-went-to-work-and-at-school-we-got-the-news-about-the-planes-being-controlled-by-terrorists-and-crashing-into-the-twins-Dust-and-metal-crushed-and-covered-everything-and-I-thought-you-might-have-been-dead-I-wasn't-sure-if-you-went-to-work-or-stayed-home-today-Your-job-is-so-close-to-the-twins-Gee!-I-was-so-fucking-scared-you-were-dead!"

I was completely baffled. "Huh?", was all I could say. Mikey took a step back, closing his eyes when he saw my towel had fallen off. I grabbed it and held it with my right hand. "Okay Mikey, take a deep breath. What happened?"

He looked up at me, his eyes red from crying. "The World Trade Center is gone, Gee. People are dead. I thought you were Dead too..", he sniffed. "It's all over the news Gerard, come here." He lead me down the stairs as my mind went to auto. I grabbed a pair of jeans from my room and threw them on, underwear or not, and sat on my parent's couch as he turned on the TV. It was on VH1 but the news was playing on every channel.

My eyes widened in shock as I watched. My stomach churned as I watched those people, those Innocent people jump out of the burning sky-scraper. Falling to their death... My eyes held tears as I noticed my work building in the corner of the screen. The windows shattered and broken.

"Stan"

Mikey turned to his eyes wide. He must have forgot about him working there. "Oh My God... Gee I-" I took off out the door. I ran down Franklin Street, over to where the train station that went to Penn Station was. I saw the broken city sky. People crowed around me, some covered in dust. I couldn't tell one from another. My mind sped. My heart cracked. He wasn't coming back. All his words flowed into my mind. But only these outlined in bold.

"Gerard, You have talent. Your amazing at singing. You can do all sorts of things. I can see the spirit inside of you. You're going to go someplace, and it's not gonna be a damn office. You just need the time. Your someone who can change the world Gee. You'll tell me where we go from here."
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me if you like the new direction. I hope you guys do, cause i know its gonna make a better story than what i had. Enjoy.

xoxo Kate