Struck by an Angel

Star Struck

Amelia and Kevin returned to the group both smiling and laughing about the day that they had left New Jersey. Miley was sitting on Nicks lap playing with his hair while he talked to Danielle about nothing in particular. As Amelia approached Nick smiled and tapped Miley on the shoulder motioning for her to stand up. Miley just looked at him and shook her head which earned her a scowl from him and a push to the side so she landed on the sofa and he could stand up to greet Amelia and Kevin again.

“So you ready to roll Mia Rose. We’re going to get pancakes just you and me and then we are going site seeing as me and the guys have a day off. Kevin and Danielle are having some much needed alone time and Joe is taking Miley to the airport after she has had her breakfast,” Nick said with a smile. Amelia just nodded and looked at Miley who was glaring at her scornfully.

“You know Nick I think you should really spend time with Miley before she goes why don’t you and Joe switch and then we can meet up after breakfast the four of us then we can all take Miley to the airport then when we are done Joe can meet up With Camille and we can go site seeing?” Amelia suggested trying to be diplomatic and get Miley to lay off of her a little. Miley nodded her head liking this plan a whole lot better and allowing a small smile to slip through her scowl.

“No we’ll stick to the original plan because Joe is meant to be meeting Camille at the airport anyway and plus Miley doesn’t mind right Miles?” Nick said looking at the girl who was sitting on the sofa pouting at him.

“Actually I d-” Miley began but Nick cut her off again. “Right Miles?” He said a little more annoyed at her now, “Sure Nick its no problem I’ll just see you in six months when you get back from Europe!” Miley yelled at him her face showing pure rage and anger as she turned to Amelia and glared at her again. Amelia pouted apologetically and shook her head. There was nothing she could do to change Nick’s mind he would always be as stubborn as a mule and Amelia knew that as soon as Miley realised that she would high tail it out of there.

“Right now that’s settled let get some breakfast before my levels get to low,” Nick said with a half smile before grabbing Amelia’s hand and pulling her off toward the parking garage where Big Rob and a few other security guards were waiting for them. Amelia climbed into the back of the blacked out SUV uneasily as Nick climbed in after her and Big Rob clambered into the front. Amelia sat in her seat twiddling her thumbs waiting for Nick to say something. The truth was that she didn’t want to be left alone with Nick just yet. She didn’t know what to say to him, she didn’t know whether to yell to cry or to hit him. All Amelia knew as that she was happy to see all of the Jonas boys again.

“Miley seemed pretty annoyed that you weren’t going to go and see her off. Do you not think it would be best to see her off and meet up with me later?” Amelia asked her voice cracking like it always did when she became worried about the opinions people had of her and the impressions that she left on people. Amelia looked out the window nervously chewing her lip waiting for Nick’s response.

“Mia it’s fine honestly she ditches me all the time for Mandy and Justin not to mention her sister Brandi. Trust me she has done it to me enough times and anyway its worth blowing her off to spend time with my best friend” Nick said enthusiastically as he pulled her against him in a one armed hug. Amelia knew that she was relishing the feel of him holding her close more than she should. It would only come back to bite her in the backside when he had to leave her again and she knew it but she couldn’t help but enjoy the familiar yet distant feel of his hugs and the smell of his colonge. Amelia thought of everything she could say to him and the only thing that stuck in her mind at that time she knew she could not say, ‘NJ you don’t even know how much this is going to kill me later,’. Amelia hugged him back and they fell into the familiar and comfortable silence that constantly surronded them when they were younger. That was one thing about their relationship, no matter how star struck Amelia was by Nick they could always fall back into familiar old patterns and that was exactly how they liked it.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so very sorry that it has taken me so long to update. I've been busy moving to a new city and starting university so I am very very sorry. Updates may be few and far between I hope you can understand.