Status: Completed

Bound by Love

The Evil Toad

We all met back up at King's Cross Station, and Hermione ran into Ron's arms, almost knocking him over.

"Er- Hermione? We've only been away from each other for a few days..."

"I know, but it seems like an infinity, Ron," sighed Hermione, nuzzling her face into his neck.

Draco pulled me into his arms, and I smiled as he kissed me. "Oi, Theresa, we don't want to watch you two lovebirds tongue wrestle! We're only children after all!"

I turned to see Fred and George laughing behind us. "How was your holiday? Better now that you got Draco back in your mouth?" asked Fred with a wink.

"Much," I said, turning back to kiss Draco again.

"Ew!" cried George, fake retching. "Come on, you guys are gonna miss the train if you keep it up..."
_______________________________________________________________________
"I may be old and battered, but I’m wise you see...
Put me on your head, and I will tell you where you ought to be.
Will it be Gryffindor, that house of the brave and true?
Those daring ones that are always on the move?
Or yet in Hufflepuff, house of those studious, and loyal?
Their unending strive makes them unafraid of toil.
Or yet in Ravenclaw, where wit is what they treasure?
Reading, studying, and learning is their pleasure.
Or yet in sly Slytherin, where those cunning make their home.
Are you sneaky or deceptive, then this is where you should roam.
But now let it be heard.
Take in my every word.
A snake will fall in love with a bird.
That snake will shed its skin.
And in the end, it will not let evil win.
For the bird will teach the snake good.
And the snake was not as it should be.
When both the snake and the bird are faced with evil so great.
Thus to meet with their fate.
The bird will become pregnant with the snake.
All of this will come in time.
But let me tarry not, and keep on with the rhyme.
I'm the sorting hat, and I will sort you, you see.
Put me on, and I will tell you where you will be!
"

There was a roar of applause for the sorting hat, and the first years were sorted.

"Draco," I whispered, motioning over to him. "Didn't you get chills during the sorting hat's song?"

"Yeah, I did," said Draco. "I really did. I mean, anymore obvious, and the damn hat would have screamed our names!"

"Hem!" cried a high female voice.

"What the hell was that?" I asked Draco, half laughing.

A toadish looking woman walked to address the Great Hall's occupants.

"Welcome, students! It's going to be another wonderful year at school! And it will be so if you all follow the rules and regulations of the school. Misbehavior will be punished, but it will be executed with distinct and deplorable tasks to do. I warn all of you to behave, you will not enjoy detention with me... Anywhoo, I'm your new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, Professor Dolores Umbridge! I'm sure we will all get along perfectly! I hope to be seeing all of your bright and smiling faces in my class sometime soon!"

I gave Draco a look of disgust, and he answered me back.

'Great, now we got an evil toad on our hands... And I can't fool around in her class because her detentions are going to be cruel and unusual. Ugh, she is so... blech!'

I giggled at his thought, and then tucked in to my supper. I ate in silence, looking over at Draco occasionally. He smiled at me, and sent me a thought.

'Tessie, I love you...'

I smiled back at him, and sighed. 'I'm gonna be pregnant sometime in the future? God, hope it is not too soon! I mean, its not that I wouldn't want to have children with Draco, it is just the fact that we are fighting a war. I mean, what if one of us is killed? Or both? It is just a bad time to have children, and anyway, I'm only 15...'

"Luna, what's the new password?" I asked.

"Nargles!" cried Luna.

"Is it really?" I asked with a smile.

"Yep, go ahead and check if you don't believe me Theresa..."