Status: Completed

Bound by Love

Defense Against the Dark Arts With The Toad

Sure enough... "Nargles!" I said to the portrait hole.

It swung open, and I laughed to myself. 'Oh lord, Luna was right. What next?'
_______________________________________________________________________

"Your new books, Beginners Defense Against the Dark Arts, will help you learn magic in a safe environement," said Umbridge the next day.

I sat in the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom next to Hermione, twirling my hair, staring dreamily at Draco, who sat a few seats away from me.

"There will be no use of wands in my class, so please put them all away," continued Umbridge. "You see, the ministry has asked me to teach you the effects of properly used magic. I have been told that your last few teachers have been a disgrace..."

"Well no wonder!" I shouted sarcastically. "One of them was a Death Eater who tried to rape me!"

"Insubordination is not tolerated here Miss Smith," said Umbridge sharply.

"And how dare you say that Lupin was a terrible teacher! He was the best teacher I've ever had!"

"Students will raise their hands when they wish to speak!" said Umbridge icily. "Onto the subject of spells. We are going to be covering the history behind the spell, how the spell had gotten its name, and when you can use it. Not that you will ever need to..."

"OH REALLY?" I asked loudly. "So you don't think Lord Voldemort is a problem? Well, I for one do, you ignorant toad! Hell I was there with Harry when he came back last year! Do you honestly think that this is helping us learn defense against dark wizards? I beg to differ!"

"Detention, Miss Smith," smiled Umbridge, giving me the chills. "And I would like to remind all of you that he-who-must-not-be-named is not back. He is dead, and not a threat to the Ministry..."

"So, I guess what Theresa and I saw was a hallucination then?" asked Harry angrily. "What, do you think we are both nutters?"

"Mr. Potter, since you have to input, you will be joining Theresa in detention!"
_______________________________________________________________________

I walked to Umbridge's office with Harry after dinner, and saw the plates of moving kittens. It was so cute, it was sickening. Seriously, it was disgusting.

"Enter!"

The two of us walked in nervously. "Sit!"

The two of us sat at an empty desk near Umbridge's desk. "Since the two of you have decided to make a ruckus in my class today, I have decided to test both of you out on my latest punishment ideas. I smell two prototypes!"

'More like lab rats,' I scoffed to myself.

She place a quill in front of each of us, and gave us two sheets of paper. "I want you, Theresa to write 'I must keep my mouth shut at all times.' And Mr. Potter? You shall write 'I mustn't tell lies.'"

"But there's no-"

"No need for ink Mr. Potter, carry on..."

I began to write 'I must keep my mouth shut at all times,' and surprisingly, ink came out of the quill. 'Curious, it must be one of those ever writing- AHHHHHH!' I thought, wincing in pain. 'What the hell is going on? Why is my hand hurting?'

I looked down at my hand, and then back at the paper. My hand had scratches on it, and the ink on the paper was red- blood red. I continued to write, and saw, to my horror, the words I was writting being engraved on my hand. I wanted to scream out, to punch that awful toad for torturing me like this.

Umbridge was right, her punishments were deplorable, and I definitely did not enjoy having detention with her.

"Let me check your hands children," said a smirking Umbridge. Both Harry's and my hands were engraved with the words that we were forced to write. The cuts were deep, and I knew that it would be a permanent scar. "Both of you may go."

Harry and I walked out of the classroom quietly, and once we were far away from the classroom, I began to sob uncontrollably.

"How could she do this to us?" I bawled. "She is an awful beastly woman! My God, she can't get away with this Harry! We have to do something!"

"No! We can't," said Harry, taking my bleeding hand in his, making me wince. "The Ministry of Magic has infiltrated Hogwarts. They are trying to cover up everything that happened last year because they do not want people to panic. If we do say something, so one is going to believe us. It will be a waste of our breath."

"Well, at least come with me to my dorm, we have got to take care of our hands before they scar something awful..."

I led Harry to Ravenclaw Tower, and amid the stares and strange looks, I took him to my room, and sat him down on my bed.

I got out a bowl, and poured some alcohol into it. I threw in some scented lavender leaves to help soothe the acrid smell of the alcohol.

"Put your hand in, Harry," I said, also putting mine in. He put his hand in, and cringed. It was a painful way of cleaning the cuts, but it was better than not treating them at all. After we soaked our hands for a while, I got out a fluffy blue towel, and we dried our hands. "Now I know that you are probably too secure in your masculinity to put on some vanilla scented lotion on your hands..."

"If it will help with the fading of the cursed scar, I will do anything," said Harry, putting on some of the lotion. "It doesn't smell half bad anyway..."

"I've always had an addiction to anything vanilla," I said, smirking. "So, did Draco tell you?"

"About what?" asked Harry, rubbing his hands together.

"Me joining the Ravenclaw Quidditch team..."

"Well... no. But that's awesome! I would love to play against you in a match. What position would you like to play?"

"I would like to be a chaser. I bet I could really kick ass with that!"

"I think you would be a great competitor, just don't try to beat Draco and the Slytherins too bad though," smirked Harry.

"Oh shut up Potter!" I said, hitting him lightly.