Hearts on Lockdown

Chapter 1

Jinx's POV

"Hey Jinx!” my best friend Bella Swan, yelled at me as we met outside Kings Cross Station, we were on our way back to Hogwarts. I had just spent summer, with my grandmother in Alaska. “Where have you been?! I’ve tried calling you, I get no answer. I try to send you mail, but it comes back. Where the hell have you been?”

“I was with Grams, and I meet this really interesting family that just moved in next door, so I was out with them for most of the time.”

“Really? Cool, did you meet anyone?”

“No, Bella, I didn’t. Hey I thought we were meant to have a no-guy summer?” I say back to Bella. Bella and I made a pact, at the end of last year, to not be involved with or even look side ways at a guy this summer. This was because, my boyfriend, Cedric Diggory, had died last year in the Triwizard tournament at the hands of Lord Voldemort. I had passed the stage of being upset, and having every thing remind me of him. Now I was mad. I was mad at him for not listening to me, and entering the tournament, I was mad at him for joining with Harry Potter, to get through the maze, and ultimately I was mad at him for leaving me. Didn’t he know that Bella needed me because of Oliver breaking it off with her, because he was traveling to the other side of the world to play Quidditch professionally? Didn’t he know that I loved him and that now’s the time when I need him the most, when my whole worlds breaking to pieces? Obviously not, because he would never have left he did.

“I meet someone.” Bella piped up, interrupting my thoughts.

“What the hell?! I thought we weren’t going to do that anymore, do you not remember what you were like with Oliver?” I replied, my voice starting to rise. “Keep your voice down, and its okay. His name is Jacob Black, he’s an old friend of the family’s and-” then in a lower whisper she said “he’s a werewolf.” “WHAT?????!!!!!! ARE YOU STUPID??????!!!!!! DOES CHARLIE KNOW ABOUT THE WE-” I start yelling at her

“Will you keep your voice down? And no, he doesn’t know about the werewolf part but, he knows Jacob. And technically Jacob and I have known each other since he was born. Anyway what is your problem with werewolves anyway? You don’t know any.”

“Yes, I do. Lupin. He was a werewolf. And didn’t he help Sirius Black escape????” I added hysterically.

“Professor Lupin, was an excellent DADA teacher, And you know it. How would you know if he helped Sirius Black escape or not?” Bella asked me questionably. I was stumped. I don’t know how, I knew that Lupin had helped Black escape. I just did.

“I just do. Please don’t go near Jacob again, at least until I can…” I trailed off. What could I do? Put my hand on his shoulder and get a feeling that he wasn’t going to harm her? Yer, not possible. But hey, who knows I might be able to ask Jasper… my thoughts trail off to my summer with my grandmother and the Cullen’s in Denali, Alaska. I had been comfortable, and felt safe around them. Alice, the youngest ‘daughter’ of Carlisle and Esme, had helped me a lot through the time after Cedric’s death. But she would have to come over to grams’ place because Jasper could sense emotions, and he could feel the pain I was going through. All of it. Though with time the emotions grew stronger. Instead of burring my head in my pillows, I would now, throw them around my room and then start yelling at anyone or thing that even looked at me the wrong way.

“Until what? Jinx, Its okay I don’t like him in that way. Chill down.” Bella said ripping me out of my daydream.

As we started to walk towards platform 9 ¾, I saw a face that I had not been expecting to see again for the next year, at least. Then a pair of cold, stone hands was covering my face.

“Guess who!” a small musical voice said behind me. And that was a voice that I had not expected to hear for another year.

“Um… could it be Alice Cullen?” I say and start to laugh. Then I can see again.

“Was it the cold hands that gave me away?” the short pixie-like girl, with short black spiky hair, in top of the range clothes that stood in front of me now asked.

“Of course!” I laughed then gave her a hug. “Hey, this is my best friend Bella Swan; we go to boarding school together. Bells, this is Alice. The girl I just told you about who used to live next door to Grams.”

“Hi Bella! I’ve heard so much about you.” Alice said as she gave Bella a hug.

Then turning back to Alice I said. “What are you doing here? I thought you guys were going back to Washington.” I asked as I put my arms around both, Bella’s and Alice’s waists, walking toward the platform.

“We did. And then we got a house call from a man who is headmaster at a boarding school, and he needed Jaspers expertise.” Then in a lower voice, she added, “he’s a wizard, just like you Jinx. You might have heard of him, Albus, Dumbledore?” oh my goodness, why did Dumbledore need Jasper’s expertise? What did Dumbledore need with a vampire, that could sense and control emotions?

“Dumbledore visited you? In Washington? Who’s Jasper?” Bella asked beside me. Then she stopped because there were two other pale beauties standing in front of us.

“This is Jasper.” Alice said, putting her arm around the blonde haired vampire.

“And this is Edward.” I said looking towards the vampire with reddish brown hair.

“Hello Jean.” Edward said. He was the only one, apart from teachers that didn’t call me Jinx. “What brings you to this lovely part of London?” he said with a slight smirk on his face.

“Well, I’m going a boarding school, that apparently the headmaster of, visited you over summer. And knowing Professor Dumbledore, he would have invited you three along as well.” I looked down at my watch, it was ten to eleven.

“We better get going other wise we’ll miss the train.” I say and the start to steer my friends towards the barrier. As we walked we talked about the rest of the summer, and I found out that the Cullen’s also had another ‘son and daughter’, Emmett and Rosalie, but they had decided to live separately, from the others for a while.

At five to eleven we reached platform 9 ¾. “You just walk through the wall.” Bella said, when Edward asked how we got to the platform. Bella went first, then Alice and Jasper. That left Edward and me standing together.

“Are you okay Jean?” he asked, I looked up at his golden eyes. “You were pretty messed up in Alaska.”

“Yer I’m okay now, I guess. Some days are better than others I mean, one minute I’ll be throwing pillows and overturning tables and smashing photo frames then the next, I’ll be on the floor in a ball, crying my eyes out because I realize, that nothing I can do, will bring him back. No matter how good I get with my magic, there will never be a way of resurrecting the dead with good magic. But thanks for being there over summer, both you and Alice. You don’t know how much you have helped me.” I say, even I can hear the sadness in my voice. Then his arms are around me in a tight, but not uncomfortable hug. “Come on we’re going to miss the train.” Then we walk through the barrier to see a mad rush of children trying to get away from their parents, to get on the train. Edward and I squeeze through the crowd and get on the train just in time, for its departure.

“How about we go find the others.” he asks in a soft voice.

“okay.” I say then I think am I able to tell Bella about you guys? I know Edward can hear me, because he can read minds. Even though his head must be filled with a thousand voices, he answers, “I have no problem with your friend knowing as long as we know we can trust her. Although you might have a bit of trouble trying to convince Rosalie. She’s a bit protective of our little secret. And by the way, just don’t say anything too obvious about you knowing our secret, in front of Rosalie, she’s not the most accepting person.” Edward answers in his soft musical voice.

“Jean! Wait up, please.” A voice says from behind me. I turn around to see Harry Potter make his way up the isle between compartments. Great, I don’t really want to talk to him. BEING THE BASTARD THAT LET CEDRIC DIE!!!!!! Out the corner of my eye, I see Edwards mouth turn up slightly in the corner.

Shut up!

“Jean, hey, listen I’m really sorry about Cedric. I did everything that was possible, to try and save him. I wanted you to know that. I know that you must be really angry with me right now, and I can totally understand that, but just know that I did everything that I could.” Harry said when he caught up to us.

“Yer well it wasn’t enough, was it? You know what Harry, just leave me alone.” And then I walked away. I was down in the next carriage when Edward caught up.

“What was that all about? You just made the poor kid feel twice as bad as he does already. You think he doesn’t beat himself up all the time, because he knows that it wasn’t enough? Do you know how hard it is to know that you’re the reason someone’s dead? Seeing them die right before your eyes. It’s something that someone that age, let alone any age, should never have to deal with.” He says in his quite voice.

“Says the vampire.” I say in return.

“We’re not like that and you know it. But that’s the reason we’re like we are. We don’t want to be the one to take someone’s life; fate should decide that, not us.”

“Your right, I’m sorry. It’s just I’m so angry that when it all comes out, it’s to whomever is in ear shot, they don’t even have to be talking to me.” I say, it’s harder to say it than to think it. “I’m going to find Harry, I’ll meet you back at the compartment.” Then I start to look for Harry. Finally I find him in a compartment with Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley, and some other Gryffindor's.

“Hey Jinx. Are Fred and George getting under your skin already?” Ron asks when he sees me at the door, I know Ron better than the others mostly because, his twin older brothers, Fred and George had been my best friends since first grade. Although I always somehow got my self outta their plans before I got involved, and in the end, end up in trouble.

“Hey Ron, no I actually wanted to talk to Harry. If that’s okay?” I say I know my voice sounds as guilty as I feel. Harry gets up and follows me out of the compartment.

“Jean, I really am sorry.” He says in a small voice.

“I know. And I also know that if there was anyone that would have been able to do something, it would be you. I’m just… I don’t know. I’m really sorry I was so hard on you before. I can’t even begin to imagine what it must have been like. And then to have me say stuff like that and make it worse. I really am sorry.”

“It’s okay; you’ve got every right to be angry.” He sounds so upset; I can’t believe I let my angry out on Harry.

“No Harry, I don’t. I should be the one comforting you, not the other way round. I sorry.” And then I start to walk off.

“Jean?”

“Yer?”

“Your name was the last thing that he said. And he said when we were in the maze that you had never approved of him even putting his name in the cup. He said that when he came out he was going to say sorry and take you to one of those muggle movies you like so much.” Harry said. I could tell that it was hard for him to remember.

“Thanks Harry, you don’t know how much it would mean to him, that you told me that. I’ll see you around.” and then I walked away, while one single tear slid down my face.

When I found the compartment that everyone was in, Bella was in deep conversation about something that I couldn’t catch, with Edward. Alice was laughing at something that Emmett (the one male vampire of the Cullen clan that I had not met) had just said or done. Rosalie was staring out the window and Jasper was reading a book. But when I stood in the door way, that all changed, suddenly, Bella had her arms around me, Edward and Alice looked up at me with concerned eyes. Emmett just looked at me and smiled. Rosalie gave me a dirty look (from what Edward told me this was not out of the ordinary for her) and Jasper just calmed me down (thank goodness, because I was just about to burst into hysterics, right there in the door way). That was when I realized that I had tears streaming down my face.

“Omg, Jinx are you okay?” Bella says, as she pulls me down beside where she was sitting, so I was cramped in next to Edward.

“Yer I’m okay I guess.” Then in my head I played the conversation that I had just had with Harry, so Edward could hear. I turn to look at him, and see his eyes full of empathy.

“I’m sorry, Jean.” Is all he says. Then all five vampires crinkle there beautiful faces up as if they have just smelled something really bad. Then Bella’s head turns towards the door, along with the vampires. A look of shock came across, Emmett, Rosalie and Edward’s faces, and let out a noise that sounded like he was growling at the newcomers. Whoever they were, the Cullen’s had already met them, and they were not happy about the reunion.

“Oh my god.” Bella said. She had obviously met them as well.
♠ ♠ ♠
Scream - Avenged Sevenfold
Yeah, these guys make me wanna scream *wink*
Message? Comment? Raye? Please?
xx