Hearts on Lockdown

Chapter 2

Bella’s POV
“Oh My God” I breathed out, because there, standing tin the doorway of my compartment was Jacob Black. The werewolf I had met up with over the summer vacation.

“Bella?” He questioned, in a puzzled ye happy sounding voice.

“Jake!” I exclaimed. God I have missed being in his company. He had been a real comfort to me over the holidays “What are you doing here?”

“Long story short, Seth & I have been invited to join your school!” He explained with one of his cheesy grins, the type im sure any girl at Hogwarts would fall for.

“Seth?” I asked, not knowing who this Seth guy was.

“Oh right!” Jacob then gestured to the younger looking boy that stood behind Jake “Seth, Bella, Bella, Seth”

“Hi Seth” I smiled warmly towards the young boy “What year are you going into?”

“5th!” He replied proudly “Oh and Jake?”

“Yeah?”

“Is this the Bella you won’t stop talking about?” Jacob then hit Seth across the back of the head, causing for me to blush and giggle a little.

“Anyway” Jake said, desperately trying to change the subject “How have you been?”

“Yeah, Better” He was obviously asking about how I was after the Oliver thing. He had helped me through the whole situation over the summer.

“That’s good” He smiled, then an awkward silence fell over the compartment. This is when I noticed that, all eyes were plastered on Jacob. The Cullen family were glaring daggers into Jacob. Almost like they had met him before, only under not so good circumstances. Confusing for me much? I would have to ask Jake what was up, later on.

“Awkward!” Jinx piped in, breaking the silence “Hi im Jean, also known as Jinx. And since my best friend Bella here won’t introduce me, I had to do it myself!”

She extended her hand to Jacob. Then he took it in his and shook it lightly and said “Hi, Im Jacob”

“What year are you heading into?” She asked, making friendly convocation with Jacob.

“Um, 6th, you guys?”

“Same!” Jinx exclaimed “We can get the chance to know each other better then!”

“Sound’s awesome!” Jacob smiled

At least Jinx is making an effort to get to know Jake. That is all I asked of her. But I am glad to see she is happier then when I last saw her. She seems to have improved over the summer she had spent in Alaska. Jinx had been through some really dark & horrible times during the last year, and I didn’t know how to help, as I was going through a lot aswell. Fred & George tried to help her out aswell, but she was still just not the same old Jinx we all knew and loved. Ill never forget the look on her face when Harry appeared, gripping on to Cedric’s body. She knew something was wrong as soon as Cedric didn’t move an inch. Jinx had never approved of Ced even placing his name in that dam cup. But he did. Jinx tried to run down to his body, but Fred & George held her back. For the next week she did not even try to go too classed, and we didn’t force her to either. She was really down. But the summer she had spent with the Cullen’s had obviously had an impact on her. She had definitely improved a lot. Because for the first time in ages, she was smiling, and she was happy.

“Well Seth and I had better leave before the bloodsuckers get hunger” Jacob snarled “Bye bye Bells, and really nice to meet you Jinx”

Then Rosalie, the blonde Cullen, went to lunge at Jacob. Emmett had stopped her before she could do and damage though. I doubt she could damage Jacob in the first place. He’s about 6ft something and fairly well built.

“Ohhhh looks like the blonde bombshell is already a little peckish” Jacob growled

“Just leave dog before we get to mad” Edward snarled

“Fine, but if you hurt Bella or her friend, your dead!”

And with that Seth & Jacob exited our compartment.

“So. . .” Jinx started “That’s the werewolf?”

“JINX!” I warned her. Because I knew what was about to come out of her mouth. It was the, ‘Guys cause pain, do you remember what Oliver did to you’ talk. And to be honest she had given me that talk all the time. Even when I looked at a guy, she would give me the talk. And yes I did remember what Oliver had done, and because of that Im not ready for another guy, well not quite yet.

“WHAT?” She exclaimed, acting as innocent as possible, with out giggling “I mean besides the little fact that he’s a werewolf and he was a complete and utter asshole towards the Cullen’s , not that rose helped, he actually seemed like a genuinely nice guy”

Rosalie snarled at Jinx.

“Thank you for making an effort Jinx!” I hugged my best friend tightly “I really appreciate it”

“What are friends for?” She returned the hug.

I lowered my voice and asked “Are you sure your ok? From before I mean”

“Yeah I just had a bad run in with Harry” She put on a smile “Has Oliver contacted you?”

My face dropped, and I held back the tears that threatened to expose themselves “No…. No he hasn’t yet”

“Im so sorry hunny” She griped me tightly “But I am here for you if you need to talk, Im also sorry I wasn’t there for you when he first left”

“Sweetie, you had enough going on then, so don’t you worry about that” I smiled “And Im here for you now too ok?”

Jinx held out her fist “Hoes over Bro’s?”

I knuckled her fist and said “Sister’s before Misters!”

“Well Well Well” A familiar voice started “If it isn’t 2 of Hogwarts finest”

“Hey George!” Jinx laughed

“Im Fred!” The twin grumbled

“No your not! I can tell you guys apart!” Jinx said smartly “Fred’s eyes are lighter!”

“Dam woman! Your good!” George laughed “Our mother doesn’t even know that!”

“Hey Bella” Fred then entered the compartment after his brother “How was your summer?”

“Hey guys!” I smiled “Yeah it was good, yours?”

“Great! We got to work on some awesome new pranks!” George said excitedly “You could be our test dummies!”

“Um no thanks!” Jinx laughed “The last time that happened I ended up throwing up for 3 hours straight!”

“Oh come on just one more!” Fred begged “It wont make you sick we promise!”

“Yeah” George agreed “Here Jinx try this!”

George handed Jinx a blue cube shaped lolly. She then asked “What does it do?”

“If we got it right it should change your hair blue” Fred explained

“IF YOU GOT IT RIGHT?” Jinx yelled “Oh hell no!”

“Come on Jinx, Please?”

“Is there an antidote for it?”

“Right here!” George held out another lolly, but this one was red. Jinx then took the blue lolly and said “Fine!”

She popped the lolly into her mouth and waited. But nothing happened.

“Dam!” Fred said “We’ll have to fix this”

“What do you mean?” I asked

“Looks like we stuffed up the mix, nothing happened” George said

“But you might want to talk the antidote just in case” Fred handed her the red lolly and she ate it.

“Well we better get going now” George smiled “Were almost at school, but we will save you guys seats during the feast”

“Ok cool” I smiled

“Love you guys” Jinx smiled

“See ya’s” Fred said and left, following his twin brother out the door and back to there compartment.

All the Cullen’s were all engrossed in there own thing. Jasper was reading a book. Alice, Emmett and Edward were in a deep convocation, and Rose, well she was just staring out the window. But occasionally she would glance over at Emmett, who had now switched seats with Jasper, so he was now nowhere Rose.

The rest of the train trip was fairly quiet. So quiet that Jinx and I ended up falling asleep on each others shoulders. We had had a big day, so we were exhausted. I wondered what lay ahead for the year. Would Jinx find peace? Would Oliver write to me? To be honest who knows? But what I did know was that I had amazing friends that would help me through whatever tough times came my way.

I felt someone shaking for me to wake up “BELLA!”

It was Jinx. “Bella! Were here!” She giggled excited. I opened my eyes and looked our the window. And there I saw, the all to familiar black castle. That’s what made me realize how much I had missed it.

“Welcome home” I said hugging Jinx.
♠ ♠ ♠
Love Drunk - Boys Like Girls