Hearts on Lockdown

Chapter 3

Jinz's POV
“Argh! What are those things?” I hear Rosalie say, pointing to the front of the carriages. I look at her like she’s crazy, and she gives me a dirty look back.

“Rose can you stop giving people those dirty looks! You are not better than anyone else at this school.” Emmett said beside her, then walking away.

“They have been like this ever since they got back from Africa.” Edward said beside me.

Will it be enough to break up over. I think so they can’t hear me.

“I don’t know. They’ve always had ups and downs, but never this bad. Emmett changes his mind so much that Alice can’t get a proper read off him.” Edward says beside me.

“How long have they been together?” I ask out loud this time.

“Well Emmett became one of us in 1920, and they’ve been together ever since.”

“Wow, 75 years is a long time to be with some one.” I say shocked. “No wonder it’s getting a bit rocky.” I say. Edward starts to quietly laugh to himself.

“What’s so funny Edward?” Alice says coming up beside him with her arm around Jasper’s waist.

“Bella here was just saying that 75 years is a long time to be with someone.” Edward said still with that smirk on his face. Was there a joke I had missed?

“75 years is nothing really to us Jean,” Jasper says; because Alice and Edward are to busy smiling their ‘ha-ha she missed something’ smiles.

“Alice and I have been together longer than Rose and Em, but not quite as long as long as Carlisle and Esme. Speaking of Carlisle and Esme, have you seen where they are, Alice?” he turns to look at his girlfriend, with a look in his eye that I could only have imagined existed in my mum’s M&B’S. It was not quite sweet enough that I wanted to puck, but close enough. Edward just laughed beside me. He was still listening to my thoughts. Stop it, my mind is not a place you wanna be right now believe me. I think.

“Sorry, I will try to stop.” Edward says with a smirk.

“No, you won’t try you will. And get that grin off your face. It’s annoying.”

“Sorry I haven’t seen them. Either way.” Alice says in answer to Jasper’s question.

“You haven’t heard them Edward?” Jasper asks.

“No.” Edward replied. “I’ll call and see where they are.” Then quick as a flash, Edward's phone’s to his ear. Then a confused expression comes across his face. “I can’t get through.”

“That’s because of the magical barriers that are around Hogwarts. No muggle battery operated or electrical device works within the barrier.” Bella says. Bella is the most muggle-orientated of all of us. Once being a muggle herself, and therefore living the muggle life for 11 years before she became one of us. How she had survived for 11 years without knowing about magic, I have no idea. Mum and dad tried to hide it from me, and it worked. Until I was about 5 and found mums wand and made a slug grow to about the size of a small car.

“You can always send them an owl.” Bella suggested. Both Alice and I looked at each other, and then started to giggle. We hadn’t told Bella about the Cullens’ ‘condition’ (them being vampires) so now would be a good time, Rosalie wasn’t here and it would explain a lot of things that the Cullen’s did, or would do. Or what Jacob had said on the train.

“First years, the Cullen/Hale family, Mr. Black and Mr. Clearwater, this way please. You will not be riding the carriages this year.” A strangely familiar voice say, but it’s not the one I had been expecting. Bella and I had been used to Hagrid being the one to say “firs’-years over ‘ere … firs’ years …”. But as we turn around, there standing with a lantern in his hand, was Carlisle Cullen.

“Sorry he said he wanted to surprise you guys.” Edward and Alice say together. Then Jasper and Emmett start to laugh, but Rosalie just walks over to Carlisle and waits. Wow, someone’s getting a little bit bitchy lately.

“See you later, Jean, Bella.” Edward says as Alice hugs us both and then dances away

As the Cullen’s and Hale’s walk away, I take Bella’s arm and start to walk over towards the carriages, then I realize that Bella is staring after … Edward???

“Bella?” I ask.

“Huh? What?” Bella replies snapping out of her little world.

“Were you just looking at…?” I stop my sentence there because as I start to get in to the carriage, a hand wraps around my eyes and pulls me back. I hear Bella laugh. Then I hear my blindfolds laugh. Fred Weasley.

“Fred!” I exclaim. I hear his laugh again.

“See, you can’t tell us apart.” George says from behind me.

“I can when I can see, George.” I say prying the fingers away from my eyes to let them adjust to the light. Then I start to laugh even harder. Fred is handing me a red piece of paper. On it, it says;

Are you;

Over 15,

Currently unemployed

And

Love practical jokes?

(And don’t forget hot, Fred!)

If you answered yes to any of the above,

We Want You!

Part time

Full time

Or

Causal

Weasley Wizard Wheezes

Is the place to work for you!

Please see Fred or George Weasley

To inquire.

“Ha-ha you guys have really lost it this time. Where did you get the money to start a shop like that from?” I ask.

“We have a secret business partner.” They say together.

“I could use some extra money…” Bella says thoughtfully, I see that Fred has handed her one of their leaflets . “We could do it together, Jinx. We would be able to spend more time together, and get paid for selling the stuff that jokester 1&2 have made. Come on it’d be a laugh.” Bella says now enthused.

“Okay, but as long as I don’t hear about anything, that you are planning to do with your ‘inventions’. That is the only condition.” I look at them and see that Fred is looking at Bella funny. He couldn’t? Could he? No. it couldn’t be. Could Fred be looking at Bella, like well like he likes her? Wow that doesn’t even make sense in my head. Maybe I’m seeing things, so I pinch myself. Then I look at Bella, she’s normal (well as normal as Bella can be. Hahahaha). Then I look at Fred, he’s looking at his brother, and then to me.

“Jinx? Did Chaz get your tongue?” George says bringing me outta my daze.

“Who the fuck is Chaz?” I ask.

“Our hobigoblin.” Fred and George say in unison.

“Right you expect me to believe that there is a hobigoblin lurking around Hogwarts?” I say.

“Yer, to help us with our mischief.” Fred replies.

“Like you two need anymore help with that.” I reply

Then we all start laughing.

“Hey Jean! Fred and George, annoying the Merlin outta you?” Ron Weasley said as he started to climb into the carriage we were standing outside.

“What’s new?” I reply sarcastically

“Hey can we ride with you guys?” Hermione said as she stood behind Ron and Harry.

“Sure. Hey Hermione…” Bella said and started having a conversation with her about Herbology.

“Who’s that?” I heard Hermione say when we were seated at the Gryffindor table in the great hall for the sorting hat ceremony.

“It’s that Umbridge women that was at my hearing. She works for Fudge.”

“She works for Fudge?!” Hermione just about screams. Then she scans the staff table. The gasps. “No… surely not… no…”

I’m just about to ask her what she means when Professor McGonagall, the first years, the Cullen/Hale clan, Jacob Black and Seth Clearwater, walk through the massive doors that lead into the great hall.

As they pass us at the Gryffindor table, Edward winks Alice smiles and waves, Jasper looks like he might just break out and kill the entire population, and Rosalie just kept giving people dirty looks. So I just gave Rosalie a dirty look of my own. Then I heard Emmett give out a little hiss. Wow it must be tighter than Edward said. Because that hiss was not directed at me. This hiss makes my heart do funny things. It must have been that stupid piece of candy that George gave me. Stupid twins! Edward looks over to me and gives me questioning look,

It’s okay just some candy that George gave me before. I think, but I know that it just made more questions. I looked up and saw that Edward had I slight grin on his face.

I warned you, you might not like what my mind has to say about things. While Edward and I had been having our own private conversation, Professor McGonagall had put the sorting hat and stool down, and then the sorting hat began too speak;

In times of old when I was new

And Hogwarts barely started

The founders of our noble school

Thought never to be parted;

United by a common goal,

They had the selfsame yearning;

To make the world’s best magic school

And pass along their learning,

‘Together we will build and teach’

The four good friends decided

And never did they dream that they

Might someday be divided,

For were there such friends anywhere

As Slytherin and Gryffindor?

Unless the second pair

Of Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw?...

At this last part I had to bite my tongue as to not laugh because I could never imagine Slytherin and Gryffindor, saying to each other ‘Hey, you up for drinks at the Leaky Cauldron after work?’ as far as I was concerned, Slytherin and Gryffindor had never even looked at each other without there being some kind of dirty remark, or look been given.

Though I must fulfill my duty

And must quarter every year

Still I wonder whether sorting

May not bring the end I fear.

Oh, know the perils, read the signs,

The warning history shows,

For our Hogwarts is in danger

From external, deadly foes

And we must unite inside her

Or we’ll crumble from within

I have told you, I have warned you…

Let the sorting now begin!

Then McGonagall was next to the stool.

“Abercrombie, Euan”

A terrified looking boy stumbled up to the stool.

“Gryffindor!” the sorting hat yelled.

After a few more people Professor McGonagall said;

“Black, Jacob”

Then the sorting hat shouted.

“Gryffindor”

After 5 more names,

“Clearwater, Seth.”

“Hufflepuff!”

Then,

“Cullen, Alice”

The sorting house thought for a moment.

“Gryffindor!” the sorting house yelled.

Our table went wild! Yes, I thought. Alice and I would have some good conversations. Then,

“Cullen, Edward.”

On Edwards head the sorting hat had to think a little longer. But finally it made up its mind.

“Gryffindor!”

Yes! This would be the best year at Hogwarts that I had had in a long time.

“Cullen, Emmett.”

As soon as the hat was on his head it shouted;

“Gryffindor!”

After a few minutes,

“Hale, Jasper.”

The hat took a long time to decide this. I knew this was because of both Jaspers cleaver mind and that he was also very brave. But in the end he was put into Gryffindor.

“Hale, Rosalie.”

The hat was barely on her head, before it yelled.

“Slytherin”

The Slytherin table went ballistic, and Rosalie just smiled at the thought that a whole table was clapping for her. And then she went and sat next too Draco Malfoy. They deserve each other, those losers.

When the sorting hat had finished, Professor Dumbledore got up and started to speak.

“To our newcomers, welcome! To our old hands – welcome back! There is a time for speech making, but this is not it. Tuck in!” Then right before our eyes, the middle of the table was filled with a wide variety of food. It would be my first year without Cedric, I started to feel a little depressed about it until Edward leaned over and said “It is okay for you to eat, Jean. I’m sure he wouldn’t want you to starve.” Feeling reassured and hungry again although the thought never left my head, I started to pile food on to my plate when I remembered that the Cullens and Hales could not eat human food.

“It’s okay Jean, our goblets are full of animal blood, courtesy of the elves in the kitchens. They are really very helpful and understanding. Amazing creatures, they are.” Said Edward quietly beside me reading my mind about the food problem.

Cool, I didn’t think that they’d not feed you. I thought back, because my mouth was full of roast pork and potatoes.

“Wow I can’t believe we all got into Gryffindor!” Emmett said in between mouthfuls of steak-and-kidney pie. I knew he couldn’t taste anything but was just eating so it wouldn’t look suspicious. And because that’s what I imagine he used to eat like, I mean look at the size of him!

“Yer it was pretty amazing. Apart from Rosalie, but the Slytherin will take good care of her.” I said and heard Fred and George start to laugh down the end of the table. I glanced over at the Slytherin, and saw that Draco and Rosalie where deep in conversation. I’d say from the way that Draco was looking at Rosalie, it had been along time since anyone with the beauty of a vampire had sat next to him, let alone talk to him. As by the way that Rose was soaking it up, I’d say it was a long time since anyone had recognized her beauty. And she was loving it.

It was for such a brief second that I wasn’t sure it even happened, but I swear I saw Rosalie look at Emmett and mouth something. Although by the look on Emmett, Alice and Jasper’s faces I don’t think she only mouthed it. She had said it quietly, but having vampiric hearing, they had heard it. Edward didn’t look surprised. This -I could only imagine- was because he could hear Rosalie’s thoughts.

What did she say??? I asked Edward in my head.

Then Emmett got up out of his seat and walked slowly out the great hall’s doors and in to the entrance hall. Rosalie followed. Then they were gone. Not many Gryffindor’s had paid attention to Emmett leaving, but the Slytherin table was a different story. Draco, Crabbe and Goyle were all looking after her with longing expressions. As was the rest of the male population of their table. The girls were just giving them dirty looks. Ha ha losers!

Then Edward turns back towards me, and whispers in my ear, “Their going outside to have another fight. Rosalie started it by saying that ‘the boy sitting beside me actually looks at me like I’m really me, without being a vampire’ in other words she is annoyed that we don’t see her beauty. We just see her as Rosalie. And Emmett is really annoyed that she can not just except who she is now, and get over it. Anyway, how are you holding up? Being back here must bring back a lot of memories.”

“Nice topic change, Edward.” I said sarcastically. “and yer, it’s gonna be hard, but I’ve now got you guys as well as Bella, so maybe it won’t be as hard as I first thought it would be.” I say. Even though talking about it still brings tears to my eyes, I don’t think it will get any easier if I just bottle it up.

“It does help to talk about it.” Edward said, taking another sip out of his goblet.

“Yer I know, I just think right now I need to cry and get it all out and then talk about it.” I said those tears starting to come back to my eyes

“Okay. But if you ever need to talk, I’m here 24/7.”

“Me too. I’ll be closer than Edward and whenever Bella’s asleep.” Alice said from beside me, then gave me a hug.

“You know I’m always there too Jinx.” Bella said with a little sadness in her voice across the half eaten caramel cheesecake.

Edward, what’s Bella thinking? I say in my head, because I feel like I’ve been leaving her out, because of the Cullens. Edward slips me a note.

She thinks that you’ve replaced her, with Alice, Jas and me.

Before I got a chance to say something to Bella, Emmett walked back in and sat in his seat, looking very annoyed.

“Everything okay Em?” Jasper asked.

“Everything is just fine.” Emmett replied back in a very sarcastic, bitter tone. Then again, before I could say anything Professor Dumbledore stood up and cleared his throat.

“Well, now that we are all digesting another magnificent feast, I beg a few moments of your attention for the usual start-of-term notices. First years ought to know that the Forest is out-of-bounds to students – and a few of our older students ought to know by now, too.” When Dumbledore says this, Harry, Hermione, Ron, Fred, George, Bella and I all look at each other with guilty looks. Then Dumbledore continued to speak for a few more minutes. Apparently Carlisle would be taking, Care of magical creatures from now on. That was cool because I was in that class this year. Although it had me thinking, where had Hagrid gone??? And there was also a new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. Not surprising. We have had a different teacher every year for as long as I can remember. First some wacky dude I cant even remember, then Quirril, then Lockhart, then (my favorite) Lupin and then last year we had a crazed lunatic that pretended to be Alistair ‘mad-eye’ Moody. But was really the son of Barty Crouch, who was a follower of Voldemort (fear of the name only increases fear of the thing itself- yes I listened to Hermione, it made sense, it is only a name. besides, who can take someone seriously knowing their real name is Tom Riddle???) and who had escaped from Azkaban. Then Dumbledore started to introduce the prefects of each house (Hermione and Ron got Gryffindor Prefects) then he was starting to say something about Quidditch, so I started to listen.

“Tryouts for the house Quidditch teams will take place on the-” Dumbledore stopped. I looked across to where Professor McGonagall sat next to Umbridge and was looking at her with surprise and her lips as thin as I have ever seen them.

“Hem, hem” Umbridge said. Dumbledore just gave her one of his all-powerful looks and she sat quietly down, looking a bit embarrassed. Suck it in, BITCH! Nobody, interrupts Dumbledore while he is speaking about Quidditch. Or they have me to answer to.

“as I was saying” Dumbledore continued “Tryouts for the house Quidditch teams will take place on the 3rd weekend of term. So ask your captains about this. I believe congratulations is in order for Jean Honeychurch, for making Gryffindor Quidditch captain.” I hadn’t got a chance to tell anyone but Bella, Fred and Edward this. So the whole Gryffindor table went wild, Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff just clapped politely, but the Slytherin table just sat there. They knew I was the best player on the Gryffindor team, -apart from Harry of course- so now they had no chance of winning. Even if Draco was seeker, he’s no match for Harry. Anyway when the applause had died down, Dumbledore started to speak again. After about another 5 minutes, Dumbledore said, “I also promise that unfortunately this year will not be as eventful, as last.” When he said this, he looked at me and I swear there was a look of sorrow and compassion in his eyes, when I blinked, however, he was looking over at the Slytherin table. “so for now, goodnight, sleep tight, don’t let Peeves give you a fright.” Then there was the mass scrap of chairs and feet rushing out of the great hall. I think I heard Hermione call the first years, but there was too much noise to be fully aware. I took my chance now.

“Bella! Hey wait up!” I called to her. She turned around with a grim look on her face.

“aren’t you going to show your new best friend to the dorm?” she said

“hey! I’m sorry okay? I just want to make them feel welcome.”

“so it has nothing to do with the fact that you spent the whole summer crying to Alice about Cedric? And what the hell is going on between you and Edward?”

“Bella! I can’t believe you just said that to me. Yer I had a hard time during the break, but you weren’t there and Alice and Edward were, okay? You are my best friend, do you think I’d let a coven of vampires take that away?” oops.

“their vampires???” Bella asked. Now looking as shocked as her voice was.

“yes, but they’re vegetarians. They don’t eat people.” I said trying to clam her down.

“But THEY’RE STILL VAMPIRES!!!! You HAVE A GO AT ME FOR BEING FRIEND WITH A WEREWOLF!!! AND ALL SUMMER YOU’VE BEEN WITH A COVEN OF VAMPIRES!!!!?????” Bella said now yelling at me.

“Bella calm down! Come in here” I said pulling her into a spare classroom.

“WHAT THE HELL WHERE YOU TRYNIG TO DO??!!! I know losing Ced was upsetting. But staying with vampires is just… well it’s just stupid! Were you trying to get them to kill you?”

“Bella,” I said quietly

“what?” she replied now looking angry.

“today would have been 3 years.” I said very quietly, looking at the ground. “and you know what?” then I looked up at her. “you are the only person who I have told. Don’t get mad at me, please. You were underground with Jacob all holidays. So even if I wanted to talk to you I couldn’t. remember??? Why couldn’t I have found someone to listen to me cry, and throw stuff at, and yell at? You where Merlin knows where, and I needed a shoulder to cry on. Is it so wrong that I found one, who just happens to be a vampire?” now the tears were starting to spill over.

“Jinx, I’m so sorry. I didn’t know.”

“yer well now you do. So are you gonna stop yelling at me, say your sorry and give me a hug?”

“I’m sorry” she said then wrapped me into a bear hug. “I’m not sure I wanted to be on the receiving end of one of something you through, anyway.” We were both laughing when we exited the classroom.

When we got to the fat lady, I realized that we didn’t know the password.

“Bella do you know it?” I asked her

“no sorry.” She said looking guilty.

Then I had a thought. Edward? If you can hear me, can you please come down and open the portrait hole. We forgot the password. Oh and Bella knows. A second later the portrait swung open, to revel Edward’s laughing face.

“took you pair long enough.” Emmett said once we were in the common room, sitting on the couch facing the fire.

“you’ll get over it.” I said poking my tongue out at him.

“so you lot are vampires.” Bella said after Ron and Harry had left the common room (they were the last ones).

“yep.” Emmett said.

“so… what… how…?” Bella started to say but not finding the right words.

“just think what you’re trying to say. Edward will hear you. But I’ve heard it a million times, and I can hardly keep my eyes open, so I’m going to go to sleep. Goodnight all.” I said then started to climb the stairs, to the dorm I shared with Bella and… well it had just been Bella and I. so when I opened the door I wasn’t surprised to see that there was another bag and bed in our room. Alice would need a place to sleep. Well pretend to anyway. I got out of my robes and pulled on my PJ’s and then put my head on the pillow, not looking forward to what was in my dreams to night.

“the Hogwarts champion,” Dumbledore called across the great hall, catching a small piece of parchment in his fingers, “is Cedric Diggory!” at first I started clapping like mad. Then I remembered what Dumbledore had said ‘people die in this tournament, so when entering do not do so lightly.’ Then I sat down with my head in my hands. Had Cedric just signed his own death warrant? Then the picture flashed again. I was now walking around the lake, hand in hand with Cedric. He was telling me that the first task was to be dragons. Then I suggested that he distract it while he was getting the egg.

The scene flashed again. This time I was in the stands at the first task watching Cedric transfigure a rock into a Labrador, then him running for the egg, the dragon whipping her head around and narrowly missing the fireball it shot from its mouth, but still getting burnt in the process. “Cedric!” I yelled but it was no use. He couldn’t hear me.

The scene flashed for the third time. We were in Defense Against the Dark Arts, and Cedric was tell me about the clue in the egg. He told me that he would have to recover something from the lake. Something that the mermaids took. I kept telling him to be careful, he kept telling me not to worry so much.

Then I was suddenly in Professor Dumbledore’s office. He was telling me, Hermione, Ron and Fleur Delacour’s little sister, that we would be the ones that the champions would have to rescue.

In then next scene my head was breaking the surface, and Cedric’s face was grinning at me. Then someone pulled me out of the water and wrapped a towel around me. “I told you I’d make it out alive.” Cedric said grinning and giving me a hug.

Then the scene changed for the last time. I was in the Quidditch stands, watching for Cedric’s return, he had only just gone in, but I couldn’t help worrying more about this task, then the other two. Then a red shot was fired from a wand in the left side of the maze.

“Jean he’s okay. He’s gonna be okay.” Fred said trying to calm me. It wasn’t Cedric thank goodness. It was Fleur Delacour. I sat there for another half an hour worrying and fretting. All the time, Fred and Bella where trying to calm me down. Then another spark, but it turned out to be Victor Krum. Another hour I waited, fretted, and worried. I was feeling a little calmer by now. All this time Bella and Fred had been talking to me. It kept my mind off the fact that Cedric was still in the maze after 2 hours. Then Harry was suddenly there. He was crouched over something. Bella and Fred saw what it was before I did. “oh no!” Bella said then tried to make me turn away. Then moody was pulling Harry off what ever it was. And I got a clear view at who was there lying lifeless in fathers arms. Oh no!!! no.. no.. please no! “CEDRIC!!!!!!!!!!!” I yelled and pushed through Fred, George and Bella. No! no! please let him be alive!!! I ran down the stairs, hardly see where I was going, for the tears in my eyes. Please god, let him be alive. I was down next to Mr. Diggory. I looked into Cedric’s face. His eyes were wide with shock. But there was no life in them. “NOOOO!!!!!! CEDRIC!!!!!!!! NO YOU CAN’T LEAVE ME. NOT NOW.” Then I felt a pair of strong arms around my upper arm.

“come on Jean”

“NO! GET AWAY FROM ME! HE HAS TO BE ALIVE! He has to be.”

Then I feel a hand shaking me. I open my eyes. It’s Bella and Alice.

“Jean? It’s okay sweetie. It was just a dream” Bella said wrapping her arms around me. Then the wall I had tried to build, to keep all those feelings in, came crashing down in a flood of tears. “Jean, honey, what happened?”

“it was… everything… that happened…in the tournament.” I said between sobs. A look of complete horror spread across Bella’s face.

“how long have you been having this dream?” Bella asked. Her parents where muggles who specialized in dreams and their meaning (they were the sane version of Professor Trelawney in the muggle world) , so she had a little bit of an idea, about what recurring dreams.

“every night, since it happened.” I said through tears that were now running freely.

“she woke up every night, in summer, like it too. We could hear her screaming from next door” Alice said beside Bella. Bella then looked at me.

“I think you need to see professor Dumbledore about this.”

“why? What could he possibly do?” I answered.

“he has seen a lot of people die. I’m sure there is some way that he deals with all that.” Bella said, then added; “I will come with you if you don’t want to go alone.”

“um… yer okay.” Within five minutes we were standing in front of the gargoyle that stood guard before Dumbledore’s office.

“chocolate frogs.” Bella said to the gargoyle that let us through onto the magnificent staircase that led to professor Dumbledore’s office. When we reached it, Bella knocked. We waited a few moments. Then Dumbledore said from within,

“come in!” so Bella and I walked in, and to our surprise we saw the Professor sitting at his desk in his night robes. “ah Miss Swan and Miss Honeychurch, to what to I owe the honor of a visit from you at,” he looked at the massive grandfather clock that stood in the corner of the room. “two o’clock in the morning?” Dumbledore said gesturing towards the two seats at the front of his desk.

“it may be nothing professor, but I’ve been having this same dream over and over again, ever since…” I couldn’t bring myself to say it, as I had done in the past.

“ah.” He said with that all-knowing look in his eyes. “ever since that unfortunate incident last year?” I nodded my head “well it’s very common to have dreams about events like that.”

“yes professor I thought so, but it’s just every night since. You wouldn’t happen to know anything that could help me get a peaceful rest, without waking up screaming in the middle of the night?” I asked hopeful.

“well for the peaceful sleep part to be permanent, you might want to invest in a pensive. Or to talk about it, but I know that part is hard. But for temporary, you might like to go and see Madam Pomfrey for a sleeping drought.”

“thank you Professor.” I said with a little relief. Then I asked if I could speak to Dumbledore alone, so Bella said that she would be outside.

“was there something else, Miss Honeychurch?” Dumbledore said

“um… Professor, is it possible for Cedric to…” I started

“no. I am sorry Jean. There is no magic strong enough to bring back the dead.” He said with great sorrow in his voice.

“it’s okay. I didn’t think so. Sorry to bother you, sir.”

“not at all Jean. If you ever want to talk to someone other than your friends, or just simply want to get away from those Weasley twins, my office is always open.” He said with a twinkle in his eye.

“thank you, sir.” I said then opened the door to see Bella sitting on the top step.

“okay, let’s go see Madam Pomfrey. I need some sleep.” Then Bella and I walked to the hospital wing.

“good morning, girls. What can I do for you at this early hour?” said a pleasantly musical voice from a chair at the end of the hospital wing. It wasn’t the voice I was expecting. I looked up, to see Esme Cullen, in a white hospital coat, walking towards us.

“Esme? Hi! Bella this is Esme Cullen. Alice, Edward, Jasper, Emmett and Rosalie’s step-in mum." I said giving her a quick hug.

“hi, nice too meet you.” Bella said politely shaking her hand.

“judging by the hour, I doubt this is a social visit. What can I help you with?”

“Dumbledore sent me to get some sleeping drought. I can’t sleep without having that horrible dream that I was having in holidays, creeping in.” I explained. Esme just nodded.

“here you go” then suddenly having a bottle of light blue liquid in her hand. “take a spoonful before you sleep, it will give you a dreamless sleep.” After saying thank you and goodbye to Esme, Bella and I walked back up to the common room.

“Hippogriff” Bella said opening the portrait, with grumbles from the fat lady about what where we doing out of bed at this hour of the morning. We walked up to our dorm and opened the door. Alice was sitting on her bed reading. She looked up and gave me a smile, then went back to reading. Bella laid down on her bed. “night, Jinx” she said. I took a tiny bit of the drought, and then my head hit the pillow. I was relaxed, I was free. It felt good. The next thing I felt was Bella shaking me awake.

“Bella! Wake up sleepy head! Time for breakfast.” She said laughing. I got up and changed into my robes feeling more rested than I had ever since Cedric was chosen to represent Hogwarts.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thunderstruck - AC/DC
Gotta love this song man!