Broken Angelz

Song's, Sing-along’s and Campfires.

This was getting weirder and weirder each day. The cast of Twilight in my house. Constantly. It had been over a week since we had ran into them and I still found it weird. Not good weird, or even bad weird. Just weird. And to make it weirder Kelsi could not keep her damn mouth shut about Jackson. I mean don’t get me wrong he’s cute, but he is also famous. Where does she even see this going? I love that girl to death, but I don’t wanna see her get hurt when he pulls the ‘just friends’ line. Tonight the whole crew was coming to our house for dinner. Ash and Kelsi planned to make a massive feast. Ashley Greene cooking dinner with my best friend. SEE?! WEIRD.
Ash and Kelsi had gone out shopping to by some ingredients for the dinner and the boys weren’t coming around until later. I decided to spend my day writing and drawing. It had been a while since I had put pen to paper both in writing songs or drawing. It felt good. It felt productive. Although Kelsi was going to kill me when she comes home to see the whole lounge room floor covered in drawings and lyrics. There was one song that stood out to me that I had written today. I decided to call Chris over to get him to proof read it, and maybe even run it through on the guitar with me. I heard his car pull in on the pebble driveway. Knowing that he wouldn’t bother to knock I stayed seated.
“Hello my favourite girl!” He smiled, walking over and sitting on the couch. “What have you done to the floor?”
I smiled up at him. “My brain decided to bleed creative fluids today and I went a little crazy.”
“That’s my girl.” He laughed. “Now what do you have for me?”
I passed him up my song book opened on the page. He took it from me and began to read. I watched anxiously as his emerald eyes darted quickly over each line slowly getting further down the page. When he finished, he looked up at me. “Wow.”
“Wow good? Or Wow bad?” I asked.
“That is freaking amazing Peyton!” He grinned. “Lyrical genius!”
“You think?!” I smiled.
“Go get your guitar and show me how you want it played!”
I raced to my room with the biggest grin on my face. I was proud to say the least. I grabbed my acoustic guitar off my bed and ran back out to the lounge room. Sitting on the chair next to him I began to strum a few cords until I finally got it. Here goes nothing.
I'm always screaming my lungs out till my head starts spinning. Playing my songs is the way I cope with life. Won't keep my voice down. Know the words I speak are the thoughts I think out loud. I like to keep things honest. I'm a safe bet like your life's staked on it. For real. I'd hate to keep you all wondering. I'm constant like the seasons, and I will never be forgotten man.
I smiled as the lyrics left my lips.
Let's leave no words unspoken and save regrets for the broken. Will you even look back when you think of me? All I want is a place to call my own, to mend the hearts of everyone who feels alone whoa you know to keep your hopes up high and your head down low.
“Stop there.” Chris grinned. “It’s amazing. Peyton. I say we show it to the others at the next band practice, perfect the crap out of it and record it for the demo.”
“Are you serious?!” I asked.
“Dead serious!” He smiled. Just then there was a rustling at the door as the boys, Ash and Kelsi walked in carrying shopping bags. All eyes went to Chris, I and the mess that was all of my work.
“Peyton!” Kelsi growled. “You knew we had guest’s coming over!”
Chris stood up and walked over to her. “You won’t care about that when you see and hear what she has in that pile of mess. Kelsi my friend, you are living with a lyrical genious!”
“HEY!” Kelsi sounded offended. “I write good lyrics too!”
“I know you do. You are both equally as good.” He said. “But we haven’t had a new song in ages and it’s brilliant!”
Kelsi smiled over at me. “You are showing me it later! But for now get rid of all this shit please!”
I laughed at her as I began to pack up my stuff. Chris said his goodbyes and left us. Ash and Kelsi both started to unpack the stuff in the kitchen as Kellan and Jackson took to playing with Skittles outside. Rob came over to me, he picked up the last few of my drawings and handed them to me.
“They are really good.” He admired as I packed them into my art box.
I smiled up at him. “Thanks, that means a lot.”
We both stood up awkwardly. “So uh, do you want a drink or anything?” I asked, wiping my hand across my face. Rob laughed. “What?!”
“You have charcoal on your face.” He continued laughing. I looked down at my hands and saw that I had charcoal from my art kit on my hands. “Here.” Rob leans his hand out and wipes the corner of my lip.
“Well, um. I better go get showered and dressed for dinner.” I stated walking of to my room. That was awkward. Once I was in the safety of my room I got some clothes out of my cupboard.
“What the hell was that out there?!” I heard Kelsi say from behind me. I jumped as she had scared the crap outta me.
“What do you mean?” I asked.
“The whole you hitting on Rob thing?!” Kelsi growled. “I’m sorry Peyton but please do not try and sleep with him! Do you realise how badly that could end?”
“Whoa, whoa, whoa.” I threw my hands up. “Calm your tits Kels! I was not hitting on him. I had charcoal on my face and he awkwardly wiped it off!”
“So you’re not going to jump his bones?” She asked.
I laughed at her. “My god no! He would end up breaking the bed! That’s what happens in Breaking Dawn right?”
She smiled at me. “You idiot!”

I showered quickly and god dressed up for dinner. Kelsi’s orders. By the time I was ready, so was dinner. I sat between Rob and Kellan, while Kelsi was between Ash and Jackson. Oh how many teenage girls would be jealous of us right now. Dinner passed uneventfully, with small talk passing most of the time. As the night got on and it got colder, we decided to all sit around the fire outside.
“Peyton!” Jackson smiled. “Do you have two acoustic guitars?”
I placed my Jack Daniels down on the grown beside my chair and stood up. “Why?” I asked.
“You can play us that song that Chris found so brilliant.” He suggested. “I’ll play along too.”
“You don’t even know the cords!” I stated.
“I’ll pick it up if you give me the outline?”
With that I smiled and headed inside grabbing my acoustic guitar out of my room then racing into the studio to get the other.
Back outside I handed Jackson the guitar and gave him a run down of the verses, chorus and bridge. He strummed the first bit as a test trial and nailed it.
“On the count of three?” Kelsi smiled. We both nodded. “1, 2, 3.”
We both played the song, and I sung the lyrics. I couldn’t help but smile. As corny as it was, it was like a scene from a movie. A bunch of friends hanging around a camp fire singing and just enjoying each other’s company. It was an amazing feeling. For the rest of the night we had sing-along’s to anything from Iron Maiden to Taylor Swift. We talked about the stupidest things. It was a good night.
The boys and Ash had had too much to drink to drive and ended up crashing at our house. Kellan and Rob in the spare room, Ash in Kelsi’s room and Jackson on the fold out lounge. Kelsi ended up sleeping in my room so Ash could have her own room.
The funniest part of the whole night was the fact that I had only had 3 drinks all night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah Boy, Doll Face - Pierce The Veil.

Song used in chapter: All I Want - A Day To Remember.

Wow! It has been ages! A year I think! Or over. . . I have updated this and HOLD in one night! I feel brilliant! So much has happened in the last little while and I have had my break from writting and I AM BACK. Now Penny(the co-writer) and I are having a planning/story day nect week and boy do I have some new stuff coming at you. I have a few new ideas that involve Penny as a co-witter as well that I may run past her. I am also on holiday for 3 weeks nos so expect lots from me!