Status: Completed

To Kill or Not to Kill Dumbledore?

Happiness Interrupted, Story Of My Life...

"Here come the lovebirds!" cried Rosie smirking along with Fred, who had his hand on Rosie's stomach.

"Hey guys, there's an owl pecking against the window pane!" cried Neville, who ran to open the window. In flew a Hogwarts owl, and the letter was addressed to me.

'Your presence is requested in my office as soon as you recieve this letter. Failure to do so will end in severe consequences, so it is best you show up UNACCOMPANIED. ~Professor Severus Snape~'

"Great..." I sighed and crumpled up the paper.

"What is it my love?" asked Draco, putting an arm around me.

"Lessons. God! I can't even celebrate our engagement! I mean, does he have like a freaking crystal ball, looking into our lives to see when he can make me most miserable?"

"How about this: we all meet up at Hogsmeade," said Ron. "We can hang out there, and have a butterbeer to toast to Draco's and Theresa's engagement at The Three Broomsticks."

"Ron, you're the best!" I said, kissing him on the cheek, making him blush. "Better go or else Professor Oilyhead will get mad."

I took off my engagement ring, and hung it on my Ravenclaw charm necklace that Luna gave me a few Christmases ago. I tucked it into my shirt, and ran all the way down to the dungeons, hoping to get it over as soon as possible.

"I got your letter, Professor," I said as I opened the door to Snape's office. He sat in an armchair, and looked up at me lazily.

"Any slower, and I would have a beard as long as Dumbledore himself," sneered Snape. "Well, now that you have finally decided to show up, IMPERIO!"

'Is he kidding me? I mean, I just freaking walked through the door!' I thought as I fell to the floor limp from the curse.

'Take off your shirt... you know you want to... It's soooo hot in here, why don't you just take your shirt off? Draco would want you to...'

My hands felt the bottom of my shirt, and I fought to gain control. 'I can't let him win...' I thought to myself. 'I can't fall so easily into his trap cause he mentioned Draco's name...'

The room became hazy, and Professor Snape fell from my view. I became scared, and started to panic. "Everything will be fine," said a voice. "All you have to do is take your shirt off..."

"Who is that?" I cried, my eyes darting about in panic.

Draco stepped out of the haze, and walked over to me. "Take your shirt off, for me?" His eyes looked upon me, pleading me to do it.

"YOU DUMB GIRL!" shouted Snape as I took off my shirt. The fog/haze evaporated, and I was left standing, without a shirt on in front of Snape. "You must differentiate illusions from reality! Put your shirt on girl!" I hurriedly put my shirt on, totally embarrassed at what I had just fallen victim to, and watched as Snape began to throw things about the room.

"Is it really necessary to do that?" I asked as he almost hit me in the head with a book.

"YOU MUST LEARN TO DIFFERENTIATE DREAMS FROM REALITY YOU HORNY LITTLE SLUT!" barked Snape.

"I'm not a horny slut!" I screamed. "Just because I found love and am engaged to be married doesn't mean that you have to torment me for it cause you are all alone!"

Snape turned around, and stopped. He saw my Slytherin engagement ring on my necklace, and knew what Draco had done. His eyes widened, and he walked up to me, and touched the ring that hovered near my chest.

"He gave you this, didn't he?" said Snape softly. I nodded, and started to cry, not knowing what Snape was going to do next."Theresa, there is something I should tell you... I'm afraid to break it to you, but Draco has only proposed to you out of fear of dying in this war. He doesn't think he will make it, and just the thought of making you happy for the short amount of time he has left is giving him the energy to fight for his cause..."

"He will live through this... I know he will..." I said, looking at Snape in a totally different light now.

"Theresa, I highly doubt he will live very much longer," said Snape sadly. "That is why I have decided to intervene... I am helping Draco with the plan, and if all else fails, I will do it myself..."

"Oh God!" I cried, backing away in fear. I ran down the hallway, away from the dungeons, and ran to my dorm. I took the ring off of my necklace, and threw it onto my dresser. I pounded my fists into my pillow. Why did I have to open my big mouth? Why can't I control myself? I threw my pillow across the room at the wall, and screamed. Did Draco really want to marry me because he didn't know how much time he had left?

"ACCIO OWL!" I cried, flicking my wand. Instantly, an owl flew towards my window, and I opened it so it could come into my room. It hooted and perched on my desk, awaiting my letter.

'Dear Gang, I cannot make it to Hogsmeade to celebrate. Something came up unexpectedly. See you all later at dinner, ~Tessie~'
_______________________________________________________________________
"Hey, we got your owl," said Luna, sitting next to me at dinnertime. "What happened?"

"Luna-"

"Tessie! Where were you? What's going on? We were all worried about you," cried Draco.

"You know what, I'm not that hungry anymore," I said, getting up from the table and making my way out of the Great Hall. "I will see you guys later... Oh, and Draco, you forgot something."

I put the Slytherin engagement ring in his hand, and walked away, tears rolling down the sides of my face.