Status: Completed

To Kill or Not to Kill Dumbledore?

Torn Hearts And Tears

In my head, I heard him sobbing, crying, pleading, and begging for me to come back. 'Is this a dream?' Draco thought to me. 'God, please let it be a dream, and I can wake up from this nightmare, laying next to Tessie, and everything will be alright...'

I walked slowly up to my dorm room, and locked the door so that no one but me could open it. I rocked back and forth on my bed, holding my knees to my chest.
_______________________________________________________________________
(Draco's Point of View)
Although I put up a "I'm okay, I'm a tough, macho man" look while Tessie walked away from me, inside I was dying. What could possibly make her give me back the ring? I mean, I had changed everything to be with her! God, I would change the sun and the moon and everything beyond that for her! And she just threw it back in my face...

'This cannot be happening,' I thought to myself. 'Please let this all be a dream... An awful dream that will soon be over, and I can wake up lying next to my beautiful Tessie... Please God, let it just be a nightmare!'

I couldn't make a scene in the Great Hall, so I sat down with the rest of the Slytherins for supper, barely eating anything.

"What's wrong Draco?" cooed Pansy. "Did that awful girl hurt your feelings? Want your Pansy to make you forget all about that awful brat?"

"Pansy, shut your face," I said to her, looking down into my plate.

"Hey, you look like you could do with a friend," said a voice from behind me. I turned around, and there was Fred. "Come on mate, sit with us at the Gryffindor table. I know you don't want to hang around this lot. It will only make you feel worse if you continue to sit here..."

"Now listen Draco," said Fred walking me over to his spot at the Gryffindor table. "Girls are emotional mate. It's just how they are. She will get over it, and come back running to you. Come on! You're big D! THE Draco Malfoy! You can't let this eat you up inside..."

"I loved her Fred, I still do," I said quietly. "And she gave me back my ring..."

"Well... maybe she needed it resized?" said Fred.

"Don't even bother with that!" I sneered. "The damn thing is MAGIC! It fits anyone's finger once it is placed on it!" I squeezed the hand I was holding the ring in into a tight fist, and slammed it down onto the table. "Why did she do this to me?"

"Look, I don't know what to say," said Fred, patting my back. "Give her time to come back to you..."

"But I want her NOW!" I said, practically screaming at Fred.

"Draco, you have got to calm down, people are staring mate," said Harry in a hushed tone.

I got up out of my seat, and walked out of the Great Hall, slamming doors that I came across in my path and cursing my head off.
_______________________________________________________________________
(Tessie's Point of View)
Months passed, and soon it was nearing May. I refused to talk to Draco, and when the gang would get together, I would give Draco the cold shoulder. I didn't speak to him or even look at him. I felt empty inside, and all the love that I did have for him caused me nothing but pain and heartache.

"Come on, have a butterbeer with us!" cried Fred slapping me on the back. "I'll pay..." I shook my head, and slunk further down in my seat, trying to become invisible. Rosie was really blooming with child now. She was almost five months pregnant now with the twins. Rosie and Fred could not get enough of how often their twins would kick inside her, making Rosie jump at any random moment.

"Oi! You lot in there! Stop kicking me like I'm some sort of soccer ball!" cried Rosie, patting her stomach. We were at lunch in the Great Hall when she felt the twins kicking. "Oh! There they go again! I swear, I wouldn't be surprised if they turned out to be like their daddy and uncle George!"

"Mum said we caused her nothing put trouble and pain since we were born," said Fred. "But hey, look at me now. I'm a sexy beast!"

"Right you are!" said Rosie, leaping to make out with Fred.

The rest of the gang groaned. "Are you two permanently attached at the mouth, or would you like me to do it for you?" I asked.

"Get a room!" cried Ron, throwing a bit of bread at Fred and Rosie.

"Just cause you can't get some action with Hermione here..." began Fred as Ron turned red faced with embarrassment.

I got up, and started to walk out of the Great Hall when suddenly, I was grabbed. I spun around, and ran into Draco. 'Whoah!' I thought to myself. His eyes, that once were an icy blue were now watery and sad. His face seemed aged beyond belief, and his blond hair was a mess. Things for Draco had not been going good.

"Tessie, I need to talk to you..."

"Of course, go ahead," I said quietly. I couldn't deny talking to him, lord it looked like he was about to have a mental breakdown if I refused!

"Whatever you have to say, say it when I finish," began Draco. "I want you to know that not being able to talk to you, touch you, or even hold you in my arms has killed me inside. And still I don't know why you gave me back the ring! Not only has our canceled engagement taken a toll on me, the mission I have is starting to wear me down. I am going to do it tomorrow night. I want you to be there with me when I do it; I want you to be with me when I die..."

I started to walk away as tears rolled down my face, and he pulled me back. "Don't walk away from me, please... Every time you do, my heart bleeds more and more... Would you please be with me when I do it?"

"I-I can't," I sobbed. "I can't sit there and watch you kill an innocent man..."

"If you ever loved me, you would do me this one last favor I ask of you..."

"I have always loved you Draco Scorpius Malfoy, and I still do. I will be there for you tomorrow night."

"Very well," said Draco, wiping my tears. I shivered at his touch that I hadn't felt in four months. "Meet me at the Astronomy Tower at a quarter to midnight. That is when I will be doing the deed... Be as careful as you can. There will be Dark witches and wizards coming into the school, and you know how nasty they can be..."

"I promise I will be careful," I said, starting to walk away slowly.

"Tessie-"

Draco walked up to me, and pulled me into a warm, gentle, passionate kiss, and pulled away slowly.

I looked into his sad blue eyes, reassuring him that I would be there the next night.