Status: Completed

To Kill or Not to Kill Dumbledore?

The Mission Draco Has, And Things Get Crazy

After the reception, Draco walked me back home. "Are you going to be okay Draco?" I asked. "I know how rough things are at home. Are you sure you don't want to stay here with me?"

"And upset your mother and father, I wouldn't dream of it," said Draco, kissing my hand.

"I think I'm starting to like this Draco boy," said my father, smiling in the doorway.

I blushed, and gave Draco a quick hug before walking inside.

"Dad, since when did you start to care about these things?"

"Theresa, you know I've always loved you. It's just, the magic thing is a bit too much for me. But as long as it can be controlled, I am fine with it."

My dad gave me a huge hug, and looked back at me. "My little girl is all grown up. Pretty soon she will be off and married to that Draco boy I like so much..."

"Oh, dad, it won't be that soon," I said, smirking. "I'm off to bed. School starts in a few days, and I am going to get books with Draco tomorrow."
_______________________________________________________________________

I met up with Draco at Diagon Alley at Flourish and Blotts, and saw him reading a book.

"Reading, mister Malfoy?" I asked, taking the book from him. "I didn't know you could read."

"Oh, hush Smith!" said Draco taking my hand.

"Babe, your face... What happened?" I asked.

Draco's face was bruised, and it looked like he tried to use magic to cover it up. I touched his face gently, and muttered a few words, and the bruises began to disappear.

"Love, they are all gone now," I said, snuggling into his arms. "Was it-"

"Yeah, dad again... This time, it was because the both of us were summoned this summer, and I refused to go with him to the Dark Lord's side. He then beat me so bad that I became unconscious, and then he apparated me to the meeting place. And now... Oh God!"

"What is it Draco?" I asked, as Draco turned away from me to look at the people passing by outside the shop window.

"I have no choice now... Since I am a Death Eater, I have to fulfill my task. This year, I have got to kill Dumbledore, or else he will kill me."

"You know what you have to do, Draco," I said, turning my face away from him. "I am not going to tell you what to do. You know what the consequences will be. I cannot help you anymore my love. I do not want to lose you, but I fear that there is no changing our fate... Maybe the prophesy was a hoax."

I left him in the shop, tears falling down my face. 'Why do things always have to go downhill? Why is it always my life that gets fucked up?' I thought to myself.

I walked over to a bench by Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Shop, and sat down. Draco had to kill Dumbledore, but to do so was absolute suicide! I mean, we are talking about ALBUS DUMBLEDORE here. Defeater of Grindelwauld, upstanding member of the Wizengamot, etc... Draco would be no match to his power. But Draco will die either way, so what am I going to do?

I saw out of the corner of my eye someone sit beside me on the bench and sigh.

"You shouldn't have left me like that Tessie," said Draco quietly. "With things as they are, who knows what could have happened to you?"

"It's not me that you should be worried about Draco," I said, turning to face him. "You should be more concerned about yourself. You know I can take care of myself. You saw how I took you down during Harry's lesson."

"Not all Death Eaters have soft hearts like me," said Draco grabbing me suddenly. "You have no idea what you are up against. HE has armies now. ARMIES! Werewolves, dementors, giants, all of them on his side. Do you really think a simple spell will stop a fully grown giant? Do you seriously think that you could take Fenrir, lord of the werewolves?"

I sat there speechless. I had no idea what was really going on. Hell, I live in a muggle home. What the hell do you expect?

"Tessie, things are much worse than what we thought. I have no choice in the matter. Voldemort has threatened me in many ways, and I cannot back down this time. It is time I be the man my father always wanted me to be..."

"Tell me Draco, do you really think that by killing Dumbledore, you are in any way being a man?" I asked with disgust in my voice. "Because you are only being a coward in my book..."

SLAP!

I held my face where Draco had just hit me, and looked back at him with tears in my eyes.

"Look Tessie I-"

"Just leave me alone!" I sobbed. "Since you don't want to listen to me, I'm going to do my school shopping ALONE! And don't you dare bother to meet me tomorrow on the damn train! Go find yourself another girl to slap around!"

I boarded the train by myself, mostly because I was unable to find anyone else. 'They probably don't even care about me anymore,' I thought to myself. 'They are probably all with Draco, but I don't give a shit. Who needs 'em!'

I threw my stuff down in my compartment, and lay on the seat, reading a book. It was quiet, but not for long...

"Ah, Smith, what are you doing?" cried a voice as the compartment door slid open.

"Pansy, get your nasty face out of my sight!" I shouted, closing my book and getting my wand out.

"Or what?" snarled Pansy.

"Petrificus totalus!" I cried. Pansy fell to the floor, stiff as a board. "I would do that. Now why are you coming in here to bug me? Don't you have first years to scare? I mean, since you have chosen to go au naturale today, it's enough to scare anyone..."

"Fuck off Smith!" screamed Pansy.

"Tsk, catch more flies with honey than with vinegar Parkinson," I said, smirking down at her. "Now tell me what you were doing in here."

"Stay away from my Drakiepoo! He is mine!" snarled Pansy. "Since the two of you are caputskies, I am going in for the kill... I think Draco would be happier with me, you know. At least I can please him, and would never deny him anything..."

"You whore!" I shouted angrily. "Cruci-"

"TESSIE?"

I dropped my wand, and looked up at Draco. He was surrounded by Harry, Ron, Hermione, Luna, Neville, and Rosie. "I-I don't know what to say..." I stammered. I picked up my wand, and ran out of the compartment, and locked myself in the bathroom and cried.

'What is wrong with me?' I thought to myself as I looked at myself in the mirror. 'I'm acting so different lately. I'm so damn moody and bitchy lately. I almost used the cruciatus curse on Pansy! I mean, if Draco didn't come and stop me... But hell, I wouldn't have cared..."

'Hold up, you said you didn't care? What about the prophesy? It said you are either gonna be like the dark lord, or you will be on Harry's side. Does this mean you are switching sides?'

'I dunno, why don't you just shut up and let me be you damn voice inside my head!'

I closed my eyes, and sat down against the wall. And for the first time in my life, I felt evil.

"Theresa, are you okay?" asked Neville, walking into the bathroom.

"This is the girl's bathroom!" I cried.

"Yeah, Harry and Ron made me do it," said Neville bashfully. "And Draco said if I didin't go, he would hex me into the next century..."

"When I get out of this bathroom, all three of them are in for it," I said under my breath.

"So, tell me, what's wrong?" asked Neville as he sat next to me.

"Things are just a bit too much for me to handle kid," I said, closing my eyes. "Prophesy, Draco's mission, things like that are a bit too much for me to handle. And I think... I think I am turning into a Death Eater."

"You're not a Death Eater cause you hexed Pansy!"

"I'M A BLOODY DEATH EATER BECAUSE I ALMOST USED AN UNFORGIVEABLE CURSE ON THE BITCH!" I cried. "Neville, I think I am becoming one of them..."

"Listen, when we get up to the school, talk to Dumbledore. He'll understand..."

"What if I don't want to!" I shouted. "What if a part of me likes this new side of me?" I picked Neville up by the collar of his shirt, and threw him against the wall. Neville shook with fright, and I kissed him passionately on the lips. I pulled away after a few seconds, and saw the look on Neville's face. "Thought poor old Tessie Smith is such a goody goody didn't cha? Thought she was just a braniac in school, nothing more? Well, guess there are gonna be some changes around here. No more miss nice girl. I'm not anyone's girl, but I will come and go as I please. So Nev, you up for a quickie in the bathroom?"

"Who the hell are you, and what have you done with the real Theresa Smith?" asked Neville. "Erm, guys, can you come in here? I think there's something wro-"

I stopped Neville with a kiss, and I placed his hands on my butt. "You know you want this Neville... You have always wanted me, and now you have your chance. Take it. Be the Gryffindor you were destined to be..."

Neville kissed me back, biting my mouth a bit out of passion, and the door opened. The two of us looked up and saw Draco, Harry, and Ron looking in on us. Neville's jaw dropped when he saw Draco's pale face turn red in anger. But it was mostly due to the fact that Neville had his hands on my chest... I got up, and picked Neville up, and gave him a long, seductive kiss before walking out of the bathroom.

"Any of you want to have a go at it?" I asked, looking over to Ron and Harry.

Draco took my arm, and led me back to the empty compartment, and slammed me against the wall. "What the bloody hell is wrong with you?"

"Oooh, rough and fiery. I like... I like a lot..."

"Is this a way of getting back at me for hitting you?" asked Draco, pinning me against the wall. "Cause I did say I was sorry. You just wouldn't let me say it before you left..."

"Dominant, are we?" I smirked a seductive smirk. "Well, two can play that game..."

I threw him onto the floor, and strattled him. "You like that?"

"Get a grip on yourself Tessie! What the bloody hell is wrong with you?!?!"

"Oh, you want me to get a grip on your wand?" I asked with a playful smile. "I could do that. You know I can be a very naughty girl when I want to be... You know, I've been thinking master Draco, I think I am going to be a Death Eater like you..."

"You wouldn't- you can't!" stammered Draco. "I won't let you be like me! You'll die or be killed!"

"Oh, you won't let me be like you?" I said, moving my hands towards his chest. "How the bloody hell do you think I feel about what you are doing ya bleeding nutcase!"

"I'm the nutcase? Look how the hell you're acting!"

"I'm only showing you a mirror version of how rash I think you are acting!"

"Well, then. I guess you don't know how to read minds then, Tessie. Cause I am not acting as rash as you are. Poor Neville is freaking out in the bathroom cause you almost had sex with him! And now you're telling me you did this to show me how rash I've been acting? You don't know even know what choice I even made!"

"Well..."

"See! Told ya!"

"Oh, piss off will ya!" I said angrily, getting off of his lap. "God I must have been mentally ill to almost have done it with Neville. Hope the poor boy ain't too scarred for life..."

"I think he'll live," said Draco, getting up.

"What is your choice then?" I asked.

"I choose the side of good," said Draco. And with that, I blacked out.