Status: Completed

To Kill or Not to Kill Dumbledore?

The Ball, and Another Lesson With Snape

The rules Umbridge had made were thrown out, and we were allowed a Christmas Ball again. But even though the holidays were rapidly approaching, I couldn't care less about them. My classes were harder than ever, and with Snape being the DADA teacher, it meant that I had to be at the top of my game in that class. He never neglected to call on me for every question, and I always answered it correctly, just to piss him off.

"Correct once again, Miss Smith," said Snape with a scowl. "See me after class..." Once everyone had cleared the room, he walked over to me, and grabbed my wrist. "You have private lessons with me after the Christmas Ball, no excuses!"

"But-but"

"Yes, I know, you will be most tired and probably drunk from all of your partying, but the Dark Lord doesn't PARTY! And I am so sorry if I ruined your chances of hooking up with Draco afterwards..."

SLAP!

"How dare you make assumptions of what I do in private! How dare you think I'm a drunken whore!"

"Fifty points Smith for abusing a teacher!"

"Do you think I really give a flying fuck!" I shouted, gathering up my stuff.

"Listen to me girl, Dumbledore has told me what the hell is going on. He thinks that the Dark Lord is manipulating you. Whether you give two shits about it or not, he is controlling you, and if you do not regain control of yourself, you might just end up killing someone!"

I paused, and took several deep breaths. "K-kill someone?"

"Yes. You have to regain your control. There is no more playing around Miss Smith. I will see you at Christmas Eve after the ball..."

I really didn't want to go to the ball. I just felt like I should have been back in my room sleeping, rather than on the arm of Draco in my light blue corseted dress. I stared off into space, not really talking to anyone.

"Theresa! Oh God have I missed you!" shouted Fred as he ran over towards me and Draco. He gave me a hug, and I just stood there, numb.

"What's wrong with her?" asked Rosie to Draco. Draco shrugged his shoulders.

"She hasn't been herself lately. There have been a lot of things going on lately. Remember Voldemort's threat last year? Boy did he mean it..."

"I can see that," said Fred, touching my pale, cold face. "Did she even want to come?"

"No, I forced her to," said Draco. "I made Luna dress her in this dress that I bought for her. But she hasn't said a word to me yet..."

"Theresa, come on, talk to your Freddie! Or do you want to talk to Rosie over here?"

I stared off into space, and didn't answer. I did not want to be here. I wanted to be away from everyone, to be by myself.

"Hey guys," said Harry, coming over with Hermione and Ron. "Oooh, what's wrong with Theresa?"

"She refuses to talk to anyone mate," said Fred. "I dunno what's going on..."

"Draco, let me talk to her. Maybe I can get her to talk..." said Harry.

Harry led me away from everyone, and we took a stroll by the Black Lake. I began to cry, and I covered my face with my hands. "I didn't want to go to the Godforsaken ball Harry! But Draco forced me to! All I wanted to do was sleep in my dorm! But no! I can't take it anymore! Not having any control! I mean, I know Snape is trying to help me, but I dunno how it is. And all of the visions I've been seeing... I saw your mum Harry, and dad. Snape loved your mum, and she went with your dad instead. And last year, I was tortured by HIM by watching your parents die! And then he showed me visions of Draco dying, beating me, and denying his love for me. It's too much for me, I just want to die..."

"Theresa!" said Harry, giving me a comforting hug. "I know being the hero can be a bit too much sometimes, but we gotta keep our heads up. Draco wanted you to come and have a good time since all you ever do is study and sleep! I mean, look at you! You haven't eaten for days! Please, come back to the dance with me. I know you want to deep down inside..."

"Harry, tell Draco I went back to my dorm. I am very tired, and I shouldn't have come to the ball in the first place..."

"If that is what you really want, then I will tell him..."

Harry left me standing by the Black Lake, and I looked up at the starry sky. It was a beautiful night, the moon was shining bright in the night sky. I sighed, and walked back to the school, and began to make my way towards the dungeons.
_______________________________________________________________________

"Interesting..." smirked Snape as I entered his office earlier than he expected. "Seems I underestimated you Miss Smith..."

"Yeah, I get that a lot..." I said, wiping the tears from my eyes. "You aren't the first one to underestimate me."

"The Dark Lord has underestimated you also," said Snape. "He has overlooked your ability to love, and your powers. But it is easy to overlook your power when you are too weak to use them..."

I whipped my wand out and pressed it to Snape's throat. "I am not weak!"

"Prove it to me, then!" shouted Snape. I was breathing heavily, and my hand shook, and I turned away. "That wasn't weakness right there; that was courageous..."

"What?" I said, turning around.

"Only a coward would kill a person who is defenseless. Now let us begin our lesson. IMPERIO!"

'Write your name on the blackboard... do it right now... just do it... write your name on the board...'

I didn't move at all. 'Do it... DO IT NOW!!!!!!!!'

"NO! I WON'T!" I shouted, standing my ground.

"Interesting..." said Snape. "How were you able to gain control?"

"I dunno, can I go to my dorm now?" I asked, walking towards the door.

SLAM! The door shut right in front of me. "You will leave when we are finished with the lesson!"

I turned back, and looked him in the eye. "Alright, fine. I gained control of my body because I thought of something..."

"And? What the bloody hell was it? SPEAK!"

"Draco Malfoy, sir," I whispered softly.

"So, you used your love for the boy to be able to control yourself. Very good. Once more, and then you may leave. IMPERIO!"

'Cluck like a chicken... do it... DO IT!'

I stood perfectly still, not moving at all for a few minutes. Then Snape gave up after a while, and called it a night.

"You may leave, good job Miss Smith..."

I walked out of the room, and made my way back to the dorm. But as I made my way up the Grand Staircase, I was stopped.

"Why did you leave me?"

"Draco I-"

"Tessie, I wanted you to come to the ball with me. I thought you wanted this, but I guess I was wrong..."

"I just finished lessons with Snape, Draco. I'm getting better," I said softly. "This isn't the real me Draco. It's him. HE is manipulating me, and I've got to fight him. You have got to understand..."

Draco took my hand, and I walked to the Great Hall. The dance was almost over, but there were still a few people left in the room. All of a sudden, You and Me by Lifehouse came on, and Draco asked me if I wanted to dance with him. I nodded, and we walked onto the dance floor, and I rested my head on his shoulder as we slow danced to the song.

"I love you Draco, don't ever forget I do..."

"I love you too Tessie..."