Modern Love?

Night of the Concert

Night of the concert
28th June 2002

Winter’s POV:

“This is so cool” I said to my friend Angela, I had given her the other ticket I had won
“It is, I freakn’ love you” Angela said as she hugged me
“I love you too Angela but we need to get up front quickly before there’s no room left” I replied while I continued cutting through the scattered crowd
“Good idea” she grabbed my arm and made a beeline towards the stage.
We got a front row position centre stage, it was awesome we would be able to see My Chemical Romance perfect from here
“You’re awesome” I turned around and hugged Angela
“Aw… you know I am” I laughed it sounded like something Venom would say.

We waited 30 minutes before MCR came on, but I didn’t care, we had perfect positions and we got to see them live, I wasn’t complaining. The performance was fucking amazing the band was brilliant like normal; I love them they are fucking awesome and really funny.
Their performance was over way to quickly, it was only like 45 minutes; I can’t wait until they become huge and do longer shows. I really, really needed to go to the bathroom, so while I was waiting for the other band to come on I left Angela marking our spot and went to the bathroom.
When I came back from the bathroom (port-a-loo EW) I found Angela and an awful surprise, she was making out with my ex-boyfriend. I stayed where I was to see if she was kissing him back or if he had just started making out with her to hurt me. But to my dismay they continued making out for a while, I ran threw the crowd and back towards the toilets I felt like I was going to hurl, I was angry and hurt. I wasn’t hurt because Dan had moved on but because my best friend was making out with someone who had hurt me so much and I was angry at her for doing it, why him? Out of everyone here why him?

I walked around lost for I don’t know how long; I didn’t even know if the band was still playing, I was so out of it. I sat down against a wall and rested my head in my hands, I can’t believe she would do that to me, she was my only friend in this messed up world. I don’t have anyone else I could rely on and talk to about anything and everything. I felt so lost. After a few minutes I lifted my head and that’s when I noticed I was crying, I started crying and shaking uncontrollably, I heard a door open a few meters away from me and someone come through it, I didn’t stop crying but I hid my face in my hands once again.
“Hey are you okay?” the person who most probably just walked out of the door asked me
“I’m fine,” I said a bit more aggressively than I had meant to
“Yeah sure you’re fine and I’m god” he replied making me smile, he knelt in front of me and put his hand under my chin, lifting my head up so he could see my face
“That’s better,” he said as he wiped away my tears, that’s when I noticed who he was
“You’re Gerard Way” I said shyly
“Yes I am and you are?” he asked still kneeling in front of me
“I’m Winter” I replied, I was analysing him and wondering why he was talking to me
“Well hello Winter, and why is such a beautiful woman sitting out here alone crying?” he asked looking straight into my eyes, I didn’t know what to say I was about to spill my heart out to Gerard Way, he was a complete stranger to me but then again who else was I going to talk to?
“I caught my best and only friend making out with my ex-boyfriend,” I said as I looked down at my shoes
“Do you still like him?” Gerard asked as he sat down beside me
“No, I’m more upset that my friend was making out with a guy she knew had hurt me so much” I replied
“Oh I understand did you slap her?” he asked, I laughed
“No I should’ve now I think about it” I smiled as I said this
“Dam right, I’m glad to see you’re smiling,” he said as he stood up
“Come with me” he said as he held out his hand, I thought for a second then grabbed his hand and pulled myself up off the ground. He led me through the door he had come through earlier, when I stepped inside on the left hand side of the room there was a long table with coffee and other drinks on it, on the other side there was a few couches and in the middle of the room was the rest of the band.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the more than one day wait, i finally finished my assignments and i'm now on a two week break! Yeah Uni