Modern Love?

Lying Sometimes Helps

Winter’s POV:

I can’t believe Venom rung me this morning it was so out of the blue, and I thought he was Gerard when I first answered the phone they sounded so similar. My mother made me got to work with her to help her with her paper work and sorting out her office, she didn’t normally do this and I had no idea why she had started. I really wanted to see Venom but then in the back of my head I was thinking about Gerard. I like both of them, Venom more I have to say but there was just something about Gerard except the fact that he had a beautiful voice, pure talent and he was slightly famous he was just a great guy all round.

When I got home there were two messages from Mikey that he had left with my sister, he wanted me to come around and then go to an interview with them and then stay and watch movies, it sounded really good better than staying looked up in my room. So at 4 they picked me up and we went back to theirs, Gerard was acting really weird he wasn’t really talking that much, he had his sketchbook out and was drawing the whole time. When they went to the interview I stood behind the scene and waited, it was interesting to listen to. They all acted like themselves and messed around a lot. Most of the interview was about their tour and the CD that had come out, and a lot about their childhoods in NJ.

Gerard was acting better after the interview, when we got back to their house everyone seemed happier. We grabbed all the blankets from their beds and threw them in the lounge and then got a whole load of junk food and picked a movie. I sat next to Gerard throughout the movie, after the first 10 minutes he put him arm around my shoulders and I snuggled into him, it was really comfortable. The rest of the guys all fell to sleep before the movie had ended which was really weird because it was only about 8 at night. Gerard was still awake though, but when the movie finished everyone woke up and Gerard went to his room, he said he had to do something. Ray put on another movie and everyone got comfortable again, except me. I was sitting there wondering whether I had done something wrong because when Gerard left he was acting really cold and distant. He came back after about three quarters of an hour, when he came back he sat next to me but didn’t put his arm around me. After half an hour he took my hand in his and squeezed it tight
“Gerard are you okay?” I asked him in a whisper so I wouldn’t disturb the movie
“Yeah I’m fine Winter” he replied and kissed my forehead and then pulled me closer. I lay in his arms as I fell to sleep, it was the best sleep I had had since Venom sung me to sleep.

I was the first to wake up that morning, I didn’t quite know where I was when I first woke up but I remembered pretty fast. I lay there taking in the moment, it was the greatest moment of my life so far, and nothing could’ve been better.
“Winter?” Gerard whispered into my ear from behind me, I turned around in his arms so I could face him
“Morning” I smiled at him he smiled back at me and then pushed my hair behind my ear
“Sleep well?” he asked holding me again
“Very” I answered, he sighed and looked me in the eyes
“What’s wrong?” I asked him as I sensed something wasn’t quite right. He held my gaze for a while and then pulled me in closer to him.
“I’m just confused,” he said quietly to me, cradling me slightly
“What’s confusing you?” I asked trying to be supportive
“Many things, Winter…” he trailed off, I didn’t want to prompt him to say anything else but I knew I had to
“Yeah Gerard what is it?” I asked softly
“This is difficult for me, I can’t really… oh I don’t know” he let out a huge breath and squeezed me tighter
“Gerard it’s okay, we don’t have to be anything” I said, it was hard for me because I wanted to be with him but I knew he needed space and time to think. Then again there was also Venom, I really liked him but we had never met. I have a hard time trusting people and I trust Venom but I can’t really trust him until I meet him, I don’t even know his real name and many other things about him, he’s such a mystery.
“Thanks Winter” he whispered and hugged me, it felt so false but I didn’t want to move or pull away for fear of hurting his feelings.

The rest of the morning was pretty good; once everyone had woken up we ate breakfast and then lounged around for an hour or so. It was then that I realised that I hadn’t told anyone where I was or what I was doing and then I remembered once again nobody cared. The rest of the day I stayed with them, they had a concert that night but I wanted to go home and think, I needed to be by myself without any distractions. I got home at about 7 and shut myself up in my room for the rest of the night, I kept my IM logged in but I just lay on my bed thinking and listening to music. At about 10:30 Venom logged in.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ohh... what's happening now?