Sequel: Elven Spirit

Elven Secret

Elven Secret

"Lady Galadriel! Lord Celeborn! The Company from Rivendell have wandered into our woods!" an elven guard announced after he rushed into the throne room.

"We will be there momentarily," Celeborn responded calmly.

The guard nodded and retreated out of the room just as a beautiful young elf girl came in.

Her hair was dark and long, only half way put up, and her eyes of aqua lit up her pale face beautifully.

"Can I meet the Fellowship with you?" she asked pleadingly.

"Celebrian," her grandfather began, "I know you want to, but there is no great need for you to meet them."

"But-!"

"No."

Celebrian let her posture slump, "Fine..."

Galadriel put a hand on Celebrian's shoulder and smiled, "You will see them in time, my child. They need rest and will stay the night. You shall have your meeting then."

The young elf smiled brightly and swiftly glided back to her quarters after kissing her grandmother on the cheek in thanks.

She looked out her window, glad to have a view of the Company and her grandparents descending the stairs to meet with them, and studied the large group carefully.

Celebrian noticed an elf, two men, a dwarf, and four very small beings which she remembered where called halflings, or hobbits.

She smiled to herself in joy and then left the window to do her duties before she met the Company.

"Celebrian, do wish to meet the Fellowship now?" Galadriel asked right as she entered the young elf's quarters.

"Yes!" Celebrian answered in excitement, but then she noticed the sadness in her grandmother's eyes. "What is wrong?"

"Gandalf has fallen into shadow."

"The old wizard? I did not know he was a part of the Company! I did not sense his death."

"Nor did I, which makes me hope that he is still alive."

"Where did he fall into shadow?"

"Moria. The Balrog fell with him."

Celebrian frowned and sighed, "That is terrible news. I shall speak words of hope to the Company in hopes to help them through their grief."

Galadriel smiled at her granddaughter as she watched the young one float gracefully out of the room.

Celebrian swiftly ran toward the guests' temporary home, excited to meet them and speak to them. She was nervous though, but she pushed it away as she reached the small camp.

The elf and the man dressed in black noticed her immediately as she walked towards them.

She smiled, "Hello. I am Celebrian, grandchild of Celeborn and Galadriel. I came to meet with you as well as give you words of hope."

The hobbits stared at her in awe while the dwarf snorted in distrust.

"We do not need any words of hope from an elf," the dwarf replied rudely.

The man in black stood up from his seat on the ground and bowed, "Please forgive Gimli. You know how dwarfs feel about elves."

Celebrian nodded, "The feeling is mutual."

The corner of the male elf's mouth turned upward while Gimli began muttering under his breath.

The other man made his way to the young elf and looked at her confused.

"Hello?"

Celebrian didn't know what to do, so she bowed and then turned back to the man in black.

"You are Aragorn, son of Arathorn, are you not?"

He nodded, "I am and this is Boromir, son of Denethor; Gimli, son of Gloin; Legolas of Mirkwood; and these four are Frodo, Sam, Merry, and Pippin."

"It is a pleasure to meet all of you," Celebrian bowed and smiled warmly.

The hobbits continued to stare at Celebrian in awe even as she stood in front of Frodo.

"You carry a heavy burden and I wish you the best of luck along your journey."

Frodo bowed slightly, "Thank you."

Celebrian kissed the top of his head and then turned back to the rest of the group.

"I have been informed of the loss of a great friend, one who fell into shadow in Moria," she stated.

"Yes, a great friend indeed," Legolas responded in sadness.

"Do not let that loss take over the Fellowship for it will surely tear you apart. On such a journey as yours, not everyone will make it through to the end."

"How can you say that?!" Boromir complained.

Aragorn put a hand on his shoulder to calm him.

"My grandmother and I did not sense Gandalf falling. I feel that you will cross paths with the old wizard again."

"Gandalf is not dead?!" Pippin questioned with life in his eyes.

Celebrian kneeled down to his height, "I can not say for certain that he is or is not, but that is no reason to give up hope."

Pippin nodded, but the life in his eyes faded slightly.

The elf pat the hobbit's head and then faced Aragorn.

"How is my dear friend Arwen?"

Aragorn's face fell, "She has chosen mortality."

Celebrian smiled, her eyes falling on the jewel around Aragorn's neck, "Arwen always chose you first and will continue to do so, Aragorn. Do not be sad."

Aragorn's eyes met Celebrian's and she saw the love in his eyes.

"She loves you a lot, Aragorn. Don't forget that."

He nodded and smiled a little.

Celebrian sighed, "I am sorry to cut this short, but I must head back for I feel I have stayed too long." She looked at the dwarf, "I do hope that our races will one day think better of each other after all of this. We could be great allies and friends."

With those final words, she turned and walked away. As she passed her fellow elf, she nodded to him and then continued on her way.

Celebrian sat on the bank of the river in deep thought, until she heard someone stand behind her.

"It has been too long, friend."

Celebrian looked up to see Legolas standing proudly behind her.

"It has been too long," she smiled and stood up.

Legolas bowed his head and Celebrian rolled her eyes.

"You do not have to bow to me, Legolas," she said, lifting his chin with her finger.

"Forgive me."

"Nor do you have to ask for forgiveness. Have you forgotten that already?" she chuckled.

Legolas smiled and straightened up. "Traveling has caused me to forget some things."

Without warning, Celebrian wrapped her arms around his waist in a warm embrace.

He hugged her back and they stood there silently for several moments.

"You have changed so much since last I saw you," Legolas stated.

"As have you."

There was a pause until Legolas began to speak Elvish.

"Have you found anyone you love since we last spoke?"

She responded in Elvish as well, "Not until now."

Legolas smiled and hugged her tighter.

"Promise me you'll come back when this darkness has passed?" Celebrian asked softly.

"I will always come back to you," Legolas assured.

A comforting silence erupted between them as they continued to hold each other.

Finally, after several minutes, Legolas spoke.

"I do not wish to leave, but I must be getting back before Aragorn wanders around to find me."

Celebrian nodded, "I understand... When will I see you again?"

Legolas looked at her, "We leave tomorrow, but I do not know when I will be back... But I will come back as promised."

"I will wait."

They smiled at each other, but sadness was in their eyes.

Legolas kissed the top of Celebrian's head and then quickly departed.

She smiled to herself as she slowly walked to her quarters.

Celebrian stood with her grandmother before the Fellowship. Her grandmother smiled at them and spoke her farewells, giving each a special gift.

Celebrian glanced at Legolas, their eyes meeting, but all too quickly they looked away as Galadriel passed in front of them.

When Galadriel had gone and the Company were packing their things onto the boats, Celebrian snuck over to Legolas with tears forming in her eyes.

Legolas instantly stood in front of her and placed one hand on the side of her face while the other grabbed one of her hands.

"Do not weep. I promised you that I will come back," he smiled. "I won't forget you."

The younger elf smiled a sad smile, "But you have just arrived here and now you have to leave again."

A single tear ran down the side of Celebrian's face, but Legolas caught it with his finger.

He placed his forehead against hers, "Please do not cry. Do you not believe me?"

Celebrian closed her eyes and sighed, "I believe you, Legolas... I do, but that can not keep me from missing you. I feel that I have to wait longer this time."

"I will be missing you as well, but do not watch time for it will consume you."

Celebrian buried her face into his chest, trying not to cry, as he hugged her tightly.

After a minute, she pulled away and bowed her head slightly.

"You must be going now and I wish you luck on this journey."

Legolas nodded, kissed her hand, and went back to the others who were still loading the boats.

Celebrian stood and watched them as her tears slowly fell.

Eventually the Company were on their way again, gliding through the water.

Legolas glanced back at Celebrian and nodded to her. She bowed and smiled sadly as their boats slowly faded away.

All she could do was wait.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments please? I know I haven't posted anything in a while, but I've been lacking on the creative side for some time now. Let me know what you think though and I'll try to work on some other stories! Thanks!