‹ Prequel: A Timepiece Tangerine

The Nightmare Before

What If I'm The Exception?

The entire house was in shambles. Everything was a mess, including the residents. Pete, Joe and Andy were frantically trying to put together some sort of make-shift army. Spending their nights on the streets trying to find anyone to recruit for their impending fight with Beckett. Patrick, on the other hand, continued to stay locked up in his study. Stuck in his own world and no help to the recruiting process. Nia continued to hang around but was really no significant source of help either.

Gabe was a regular at the house now. He came over at least once a day and had agreed (reluctantly) to help train Nia to fight. His reluctance was because he insisted heavily that once he taught Nia how to fight she was going to use that knowledge to kick Gabe's ass. Their bickering just added to the stress level.

Caleb was still M.I.A.

"Hey Nia," Pete called to Nia from the front door, "Joe, Andy, and I are going out. Patrick's-"

"In his study?" Nia guess emerging from the kitchen to bid the guys good luck.

Pete snorted, "Yeah, in his study..."

"Happy recruiting." Nia waved as the guys all filed our. She locked the door behind them and then returned to the kitchen to start assembling the proper ingredients to make one of Pete's shakes that she had taken to drinking. They tasted like shit, but she really didn't wan tot have to resort the other option. Bleeding Patrick, Andy and Joe dry was not a high priority.

Starting the blender, Nia felt someone behind her. She whipped around baring her fangs, ready to attack, "Oh." Nia rolled her eyes, standing up from her defensive crouch, "It's you." She turned back around boredly, shutting the blender off and pouring herself a glass.

Gabe, meanwhile, scoffed, "Well a chipper hello to you too." The slid around her and reached into a cabinet, helping himself and pouring a cup. Taking a sip he asked, "Are you ready to train?"

"Not today." Nia shrugged, walking away from him and into the living room.

"What?" Gabe frowned, trailing after her, "Why not?"

"I'm getting sick." She stated.

"What?!" Gabe gaped.

Nia faced him with genuine worry etched on her face, "I think I have swine flu."

"You're kidding-tell me you're kidding." Gabe begged, "Vampire can't get sick!"

"What if I'm the exception?"

"Nia," He tried to explain, "You don't have swine flu."

Nia wasn't anymore convinced and the corners of her mouth turned down, "I do though! I have all the symptoms! I-Oh my god!" She suddenly exclaimed, clasping her hand over her mouth, "What time is it?!" she demanded.

"...uh, I don't know...4? Gabe guessed, looking around for a clock. He was confused at the sudden change in Nia's mood.

"Oh, no!" Nia scrambled over to the television, "I'm missing Friends!"

Gabe felt himself staring at her, his mouth agape and shook himself out of his shock, "Friends?" He walked over and sat down on the opposite end of the couch.

"Yeah!" Nia grinned, excitedly staring wide-eyed at the T.V, "You know! Friends?! With Jennifer Aniston? Don't tell me you've never seen Friends!" Her expression grew seriously grim as Gabe shook his head.

"I can't say that I have..."

"Oh my god! Well you have to watch." She grabbed the remote and turned up the volume, "See?" Nia pointed to a blonde on the T.V, "That's Jennifer, right there!"

"She's hot." Gabe observed.

"I know."
♠ ♠ ♠
I actually have a friend named Nia, who loves Jennifer Aniston. So...true story...except for the Gabe Saporta...and vampires bit.

Comments are mucho appreciated.