‹ Prequel: A Timepiece Tangerine

The Nightmare Before

Strict Orders

"Wake up, babe." William whispered in my ear. I groaned in response rolling on my side away from him.

"I don't wanna."

I heard him sigh, "Cam, we're going hunting."

"I don't wanna." I insisted burying my head in my pillow. He sighed again and I heard him walk around the bed. I opened my eyes and saw a pair of long legs in front of me, "William." I sat up with a frown, "I wanna sleep."

"I know you want to sleep, but you haven't hunted in days."

"Please? I'm tired. It's early. Only ten."

He continued to stare down at me with a disapproving look. I propped myself up on my knees so I was eye level with him and wrapped my arms around his neck. I felt him tense up in anticipation as I leaned in to mumble against his lips, "Just an hour?"

He didn't respond. I could hear his breathing speed up as he stared at my lips. Guys are so easy to manipulate. He closed what little space there was between us with a kiss, "Aw hell..." He murmured before leaning in again, "You can have two hours."

~|~

"What are you two doing here?"

Brendon and Mike turned around to watch me walk into the library.

"Oh," Brendon frowned stealing a glance at Mike, "We...decided to stay behind tonight, you know we-"

"William left you here! To watch me didn't he?!" I exclaimed with a frustrated groan, "God he never trusts me!"

"No!" Mike attempted, "He just...is very protective of you."

"Oh, B.S," I said with an eye roll, "He doesn't trust me!"

Brendon and Mike held their tongues. I sighed, "Go out hunting guys. I promise not to stick my fingers in any electrical outlets while you're away."

Mike grimaced, "We're under really strict orders. Bill said-"

"I don't care what Bill said!" I snapped, "What I'm telling you is to leave, got it?!" I glared at them and they quickly bowed their heads and averted their eyes.

"Yes ma'am." The muttered standing up from the couch they were seated on and dematerializing. I let out an exasperated sigh when they were gone.

I like being able to over-rule Bill. Everyone always did what I said. They listened to me more often than they listened to Bill too. Partly because if they didn't I would kick their ass and partly because if they didn't listen to me Bill would also kick their ass. Yes, William was good for some things but other times he was just good at getting me immensely pissed off. Like now.

"Why the fuck doesn't he trust me?!" I wondered to myself, pacing the length of the library, "What have I ever been but loyal? Ass..."

"Cambria!"

I wasn't ever startled as Bill materialized in front of me, looking angry.

"What?" I asked hotly.

"Why did you banish Brendon and Mike?" he asked, not as hostile as before.

"Did they tell you that?! I did not banish them! They weren't supposed to be here! You made them stay so they could watch me!" I narrowed my eyes at him and he shrank back.

"Cam..." He said softly, "Babe...please understand that I want you safe."

I scoffed, "Oh please! You don't trust me! And I'm fucking angry because I've given you no reason not to trust me!"

He hesitated, "You...really don't remember anything from your human life do you?"

I frowned, "No...why?"

He shook his head, "Nothing...nevermind. It's not important."

"William-"

"I'll lay off with the body guards." He gave me a small smile, "Okay?"

"Sure." I said off hand, trying still to decipher what exactly he was going to say, "William why do-"

"Do you want to come back out and hunt with us? Or do you want to stay here?"

"William." I said sharply, "Stop ignoring me! And tell me what you were going to say!"

"Cam," He stepped toward me and grabbed my hands; "It doesn’t matter." He sighed, "Here, we'll just hand out tonight. Just you and me. I'm sorry about not trusting you." I shrugged and he pulled me into a hug, "Do you forgive me?"

I sighed, wrapping my arms around him, "Yes."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'd really like to know if people support a sequel. So feel free to comment and subscribe if you're for it! Thanks for all the support for A Timepiece Tangerine, even though the title made absolutely no sense, haha. Comment and Subscribe.