Well I Know I'm Not Alright

The Groutch

I walked into an empty apartment. Elaina and Maegan were still at work. I walked over to the answering machine seeing that we had a message. I clicked play and listened the the people who tried to reach us tonight. I sat down on the couch and listened. 'Lizzie, it's your mom. I just wanted to check in with you and see how you were doing. Call me back around eleven tomorrow. love you bye.' I smiled as her voice went away.

The thing about my mom that I loved the most was that she loved to talk and listen to other people's. I could talk to her about anything. I told her all about Chris and his shit that he pulled on me in high school. Unfortunately, she was one of those people that was nice to others even if they were the most ignorant people of all times.

I kept sitting as the machine went to the next message. I listened. 'Hey.' As soon as I heard his voice I jumped into the air. I told him to not call me anymore. 'I just wanted to say hello, and that I'm coming out next week. I've also been wanting to see you lately.' I waited for the rest. He was silent for the next minute. 'Lizzie, just give me a chance. Let's just go out to lunch or something. Catch up on what's happen after high school. I'll talk to you later if you call me back.' With that the line went dead, and I was trying my best to not faint.

I went over to the phone and deleted the two messages. I couldn't believe he called me again thinking we were still together. What a shit head.

I walked over to my room to get dressed. I was invited to see the three boys play for the first time at some place called Gilman. I was very excited to go. I also wanted to get my thoughts clear.

Later that night I was found jumping up and down to some good punk music. It was the three boys playing and they were so good. It was incredible. I never knew how good they really were on stage.

I ran over to the boys with Maegan and hugged them. "You guys were amazing!" Maegan said. They all laughed. Billie looked at Maegan after he hugged her. For some reason they were trapped in each other's gaze for about a minute. Then they both started to laugh. It was weird in a way. Almost like Billie really liked her or something.

After about an hour we all took off and went to a party that was held after words. I walked in and just saw a giant cloud come out of the house as we walked inside. Me and Maegan looked at each other and smiled. We were going to get fucked up tonight. That's for sure.

I grabbed another beer knowing that this one would fuck me up. I was already buzzed enough to be considered drunk. Maegan was smoking a joint not caring about the alcohol that was free. She really just wanted to get high and that was it.

I called Elaina to make sure she home safe and sound. She was fine. Except the fact that she was puking her guts up. She got the flu and was sent home an hour early. I sighed. I knew she wanted to see the boys play.

As I got off the phone I noticed someone's arms were wrapped around my waist. I jumped and then calmed myself down when I realized that it was only Mike. Mike was wasted at this point. He was so fucked up that he couldn't walk.

I turned myself around to see his smile. "Who were you calling?" He asked me.

"Elaina. She got sick." I said. Mike nodded.

"Is she okay?"

"Yeah. I just told her to take some Advil and she would be fine."

We headed back to the back yard where all the beer was. As we walked outside we both saw Maegan, and Billie kiss each other. I started to laugh. I was happy for her. This is what she wanted, and she finally got it. I just hope that she will remember this in the morning.

Me and Mike grabbed a beer, and watched all of the drunk people dance kiss, and had a fun time. I laughed a couple of times as Billie tried to make out with Mike. Mike wanted to punch him in the face. "Come on Mike! Just one kiss. Please!" He asked. Mike started to laugh all over again and kept saying no.

"Dude, I'm not like that!" Mike shouted. Billie looked at him with a frown, and walked away.

"Fine! I'll go find Tre!" He said walking off. Maegan followed him.