Well I Know I'm Not Alright

Letterbomb

"Here you go. Enjoy." I told the woman and her child as I gave them there dinner. I walked away to the back to relax and enjoy another cigarette. I've been smoking a lot since I started to work here. I know it's not healthy but I could stop whenever I wanted. It wasn't like I was addicted. Even though I'm probably becoming another smoker talking.

As I leaned against the wall, I noticed that I was all alone. I was kinda happy about that. I sighed and blew smoke out of my lungs that were probably not too happy with me right now. I looked at the stick and just examined it. I thought to myself, 'How could this little thing kill millions of people.' Then I remembered that I'm not a bad smoker, and that people smoke more packs a day then I do. I usually smoke around three to six cigarettes.

I continued to relax until my manager came outside. "Lizzie?" I looked next to me. He looked very frantic at the moment. I nodded. "There's a table waiting to be served. They asked you to serve them tonight." I nodded finishing my cancer stick, and walking inside a crazy kitchen.

I walked in and saw the table. I smiled as I saw who it was. Maegan got up from the table and hugged me. I said hello to everyone else. Elaina got up and hugged me as well making a face. "Did you just smoke?" She asked. I nodded.

"Yeah. Why? Do I smell?" I asked.

"Just a little. It's not that bad." Elaina said. Mike got up and kissed me on the lips. I smiled.

"So what can I do for you guys today?" I asked.

"Well, I was thinking about the steak." Tre said.

After an hour of my friends trying to make my night fun, and serving them, I left with them. I was off at nine o'clock anyway. I said good night to everyone and walked out. We all got into Mike's car and drove to Gilman. We all started to sing along with the music as Queen was blasting through the radio.

As we pulled up, Elaina walked in as if she was meeting someone. I looked at Maegan weird and Tre was a little bitter this evening as well. "Tre and Elaina had another fight." Billie told me. I nodded. As we walked inside, the place was packed and the music was getting good too.

An hour later and Elaina was talking to a guy named Danny. I smiled. It was good for her to meet new people. Danny was cute too. Tre wasn't too happy though. He was getting a little jealous. So he found himself a little whore to play with as well.

With in one hour Tre was making out with her and debating on whether or not to go home with her. I smiled as Mike called him a dirty little slut.

Elaina walked over to me with a smile plastered on her face. She had a napkin with a name and phone number on it. I smiled. Then she noticed Tre over by the back making out with a girl. She gave me a look of confusion. "He's that desperate, huh?" She asked.

"Believe me, it's not surprising." Mike said.

Time flew by and I was the only sober one in the car. Tre ended up going home with that girl. So it was me, Mike, Billie, Maegan, and Elaina. As we drove home they were all singing, and goofing off. That was until we got pulled over.

I was fine. I had no right to be punished or get a ticket. I wasn't wasted like the idiots in the back seat. "Hello, officer. How can I help you?" I asked.

"Good evening. Are you the only sober one in the car?" He asked me.

"Yes I am."

"Good. How are you guys tonight? Having fun?" He asked. They all nodded.

"Alright. Your back light is out on the right side of your car. I think someone must have hit it or something." Mike made a face. He then got out of the car.

I got out and looked at the light. It almost looked liked someone took a hammer and hit it pretty hard. Mike was really pissed off. He was drunk too so that made it no better. I put him in the car and wished the officer a thank you and a good night.

We drove in silence for the next minute. Then Billie reached over to the radio and blasted the radio again. They all started to sing and dance again.

As soon as we got home, Maegan and Billie took our apartment again. I sighed and helped Mike upstairs. Elaina said good night and went to bed. As I tried to unlock Mike's door, he wouldn't stop kissing me. "Mike, hold on." I said. He stopped for about a minute.

After I opened the door, Mike picked me up and started to kiss me. I kissed back and let his hands go every where on me. We fell on the couch and started to make out. He then stopped and picked me up again. I had my legs wrapped around his waist and my arms around his neck. I kissed his neck as he walked over to his room. He laid me down on his bed and started to rip my clothes off. I was starting to breathe heavy and started to moan a little as his hand went down my pants. I was really enjoying this right now. It almost seemed like life was perfect.

Mike collapsed on top of me breathing hard. As he rolled over next to me, I looked at his sweaty face. He was tired and I knew that he wanted to sleep. I rolled on my side and looked at him. He looked at me, and smiled. I was kinda hoping he would stay up with me. "You tired?" He asked. I shook my head.

"I'm not sure why. I'm just not that tired." I said.

"You sure? Because you seemed a little loud." I laughed at myself.

"I hope I wasn't that loud." I said.

"I don't think you were loud enough for Billie, Maegan , and Elaina to hear us."

"Yeah. You can sleep if you want to. You don't have to stay awake for me." I said.

"No. I want to stay awake and look at you." He said. I smiled.

I snuggled a little closer to Mike and got comfortable. I then remembered that I started my Community College in two weeks from now. I sighed thinking that I honestly didn't want to go back to school. I wanted to take a break. I knew I couldn't though.

"I don't want to back to school." I said. Mike kissed my forehead.

"You have too. It's good for you, and your good enough." He said.

"I know. I'm just not sure if I want too yet."

"Your going back."

"Who are you? My father?" I asked in a silly voice. He laughed.

"No. I just care about you. That's all." He said.

I laid on his chest noticing his heartbeat dropping slowly as his body began to calm down. I lifted my head to see his eyes close. He was almost asleep. I kissed Mike's cheek. "Good night." I said in almost a whisper. He didn't say anything back. I was happy he fell asleep. I rested my head on his pillow and fell fast asleep.