Well I Know I'm Not Alright

Jackass

I was in my room blasting music as I unpacked my stuff from the boxes that were against my wall. I had nothing better to do since Maegan was in the shower, and Elaina was being a bitch watching some fucked up movie about a kid getting raped or something.

I sighed as I put my pictures up on my wall. They were mostly me and my brother, but one stood out the most. It was me, Maegan, and Elaina. We sat on monkey bars and made these weird faces that would make you laughed until you pissed yourself. I looked at it, and smiled.

I was pretty much done with everything. All I had to do was put my clothes away. As I started to do that, there was a knock on my door. I looked up to see Maegan in a dripping towel. I looked at her confused. She was shivering. I was trying my best not laugh at her angry face. "There's no more hot water!" She yelled. I looked at her again.

"What do you mean there's no hot water?" I asked.

"I wasn't in there for more then five minutes, and the water turns ice cold!"

I walked out into the living room where Elaina had her eyes glued to the television. I stood in front of it to get her attention. She looked up at me, and then turned her head to Maegan. She started to laugh out loud. "Oh my god!" She said with tears going down her face from laughing. "Did you take a shower today?" I asked. She shook her head still laughing at Maegan. Maegan picked up at shoe and threw at Elaina. It hit her in the face.

"Ow! That hurt you fuck face!" Elaina said rubbing her noise.

"It's not that funny you turd!" Maegan said.

"Hold on. I'll be right back." I said as I walked out the door.

I walked over to the next apartment where the three boys lived. I made a face as I heard yelling going on in there. I knocked three times, and heard more shouting. I was going to walk away, until the door opened. It was Mike. I smiled as he smiled at me. "Hi. Need something?" He asked me.

"I just have one question. Our hot water isn't working. At all. Do you guys by chance have hot water that's working?" I asked them.

"Wait!" I heard another voice. All of a sudden I see Billie Joe wearing nothing but a towel around his waist.

"Um . . . I guess that you guys don't have hot water either."

"Yeah! I was yelling at Tre earlier because I thought he wasted all of the hot water." Billie said.

"Now who's the asshole?!" The guy named Tre yelled through the apartment. Billie disappeared a second later.

"I guess something went wrong with the pipes." Mike said.

"Yeah. Well thanks, again." I said.

"Hey no problem. Have a good night." He said.

"Thanks. You too." I said as I walked away.

I got into the apartment to see Maegan sitting in the towel still. I looked at her as she gave me an annoyed look on her face.

"There water isn't working either. You might as well change back into clothes." I said.

Maegan nodded, and walked to her room slamming the door shut. I shook my head at her and walked over to the kitchen to find something to eat. I grabbed a bowel of cereal.

I sat down and watched the movie with Elaina. I was kinda grossed out a little as a man ripped out a woman's heart. I made a face and returned to my cereal. I was enjoying it until Maegan came out of her room and started to talk about the hot water not working. I rolled my eyes, and blocked her out of my head. It was only the second night, and we were already bitching about his place.

Soon after, the phone started to ring. I got up since no one else would get it. I raced over and grabbed the phone. "Hello?" I answered. My eyes went wide as I realized who it was. "Hey. Is Lizzie there by chance?" Tha man asked.

I was so close to hanging up the phone and not looking back. So close to it! Unfortunately I was so stupid that I answered him. "Speaking." I said slowly.

"Hey. It's Chris. I heard that you finally did it."

"Yep. I moved far away from that town."

"Yeah. I stopped by earlier and asked to see you. But you father said that you moved away, and he gave me this number." I swallowed hard.

I couldn't believe my own father would give this asshole my number. He hated him as much as I did.

"Why were you there?" I asked him firmly.

"Because I miss you. That's all." He said.

"Missed me? You broke up with me jackass!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

"No need to shout Lizzie." He said.

"No need to shout! I told you stay away. Your one of the reasons I moved far away! Don't ever call this number again!" I yelled and ended the conversation.

I walked fast into my room ignoring my two best friends concerns about me. I sat on my bed and cried. How could he do this too me? How could he just call me and think everything was okay? I knew I shouldn't of mention of moving to California at all to him.

Chris Dogger was his name. He asked me out when we were in eleventh grade. we dated for about two years. Eerything started to change though when I sleot with him. He never wanted to call me. He started to ignore me, and never wanted to see my face. I then found out that he was sleeping with toher girl for the past year, when I was going to birng it up to him he broke up with me saying that I cheated on him. I never did.

Ever since then he started to speard rumors about me fucking other guys. All thegirls and guys made fun of me the rest of my senior year. My high school career was ruined because of him. After we graduated and went off to college, he started to call me again and harrase me saying that I was a whore. I then stood up for myself and slapped him across the face. He punched me in the eye.

Ever since then I was never going to be able to date, or even stand next to anyone. My trust was gone.