Well I Know I'm Not Alright

Sweet Children

"Where the fuck are the keys?!" Maegan yelled throughout the apartment. I jumped as she rushed out of her room. She was going to be late for work if she didn't leave in the next five minutes.

I smiled as I picked them up right in front of her. She smiled, and gave me a hug. She raced out the door, and slammed it shut. I was finally home all by myself. No Elaina being a control freak, and Maegan bitching about life either. I was finally in heaven. So I decided to clean!

It's been a month since we moved in, and it was really gross. The kitchen had dishes on top of dishes in the sink. The rugs were all dirty, and worst of all, the garbage hasn't been out in three days. Time to clean this place.

An hour had passed and I was done with the kitchen. As I started to move on, I decided to turn on the radio. The boys were gone for the day so I could have the radio as loud as I wanted it to be.

I was kinda dancing as I was vacuuming the hallway, and noticed someone standing in front of me. I looked up to see my cousin Kevin standing right in front of me. I stopped with what I was doing, and looked at him. He smiled, and started to laugh at me. My whole face turned red. "How the fuck did you get in here?" I asked.

"I knocked like twenty times, and no one answered the door. So I just walked in." He said.

"What if I wasn't home. The girls would probably killed you." I said.

"Relax. I just wanted to say hey, and check on you and your friends. From what I can see, your doing fine, and the place is a mess." He said.

"Yeah. I know. You try living with your two best friends."

"Try being engaged. That's always fun too you know." He said as we both started to laugh.

"You want something to drink?" I asked.

"Yes please. It's a hundred degrees outside."

We walked into the clean kitchen. As we both got some soda. We sat at the table talking about friends, life, and how I was doing out here so far. He seemed pretty impressed by the fact that I got a job already, and I was working full time.

"Damn, Lizzie. How did you end up independent?" He asked.

"After a bad last year of high school, you kinda take it upon yourself to work things out." I said.

"Are you going back to college?" He asked.

"I'm finishing my last two years at a community college. After that, I may look into getting a job out here." I answered.

"Good plan. Your going to be the first person in our family to graduate from college. You know that, right?"

"Kinda scary, but yes." I said.

"I know. My dad told me yesterday."

"What did your dad say about the apartment?"

"That you girls were crazy after he looked at it. He did a really nice job. Wait until I tell him you girls destroyed it." He said laughing.

"You better not! At least I'm cleaning all of there shit up."

"Well, time for me to get out of here before Jennifer calls me."

"Tell her I said hey." I said before he walked out.

I returned to my cleaning shortly after that. Elaina and Maegan were gonna get it as soon as they came home from work. They were such pigs!

I locked the door on my way to work. I felt that I needed the walk. It was time that I get some exercise. As I walked to work, I thought about a couple of things. It was really about Mike, Billie, and Tre. I never meet guys like them before. I also thought Maegan when she talked to me last night.

Maegan sat across from me at the table as I ate my dinner. Elaina was working late last night. She didn't get home until ten. Maegan was looking down at the table as she started to day dream. I could tell when she was deep in thought about something. I then threw a piece of corn at her noise. She looked at me and smiled. We both giggled and continued to eat. I then stopped and asked, "What's on our mind?"

"Me? Nothing." She answered.

"Your such a liar. Tell me the truth." I said.

"I'm not sure if I should or not."

"How bad could it be?" I asked.

"It's nothing bad. Just a little weird. That's all."

"Meg, just tell me!" I said. Maegan smiled, and looked at the window.

"Okay. fine." She kept looking at me.

"Well?"

"I think I like Billie." I smiled, and started to laugh.

"I knew it!" She looked at me confused.

"How did you know?" She asked.

"Well, when you were smoking with Billie, you kept looking at him with your beautiful brown eyes." I said with a smile.

"You think he knows?"

"Na. He's got a lot on his mind. Why?"

"Because I kinda don't want him to know."

"You should tell him."

"Yeah, but I'm not sure if I like him, or not. It just might be a crush."

"Whatever. Your love lost. He's a good guy." I said clearing my dish into the garbage.

"You think?" She asked me while getting up from the table.

"I know it." I said.

I was in the canned food isle when something touched my shoulder. I turned around in alarm, and noticed my hand was made into a fist. I smiled and held my chest. It was only Mike. "Holy shit, Mike you scared me." I said.

"I'm so sorry." He said looking into my eyes while laughing.

"It's okay. I just got scared." We both started to laugh.

I looked at the box of corn that I had to put on the shelf. It was stupid that I had to do this for another hour until I was off from work. Mike took one and looked at it. He smiled.

"Me, and Billie use to take at least ten cans, and put it into a bowl and go on top of a building and drop it on kids that went to Catholic schools. It was a lot of fun." I started to laugh.

"Oh my god! Did you guys get in trouble?"

"Not until we used creamy corn. That's a lot worse." We started to laugh again.

"So what made you come and visit me?" I asked.

"The fact that Maegan called and asked me to pick you up."

"Is she covering again for that girl?" I asked.

"Yeah. She wasn't happy about it either."

"She's really gotta tell them off about that shit. It's not fair to her."

"I know. Billie told her the same thing."

"Really?"

"Yeah. In my opinion, I think Billie is starting like Maegan a little."

"I'm not sure yet." I lied to him.

"Well, that's my opinion, and I know when Billie likes a girl."

"I would think so. You guys have known each other since like what? Fifth grade?" I asked.

"Yeah. About that long." Mike said.

Mike talked to me as I filled all of the shelves in the isle, and got ready to leave. As I got into the car, I noticed how weird it was that he was giving me a ride home instead of Elaina. I turned to Mike as he kept talking about some childhood memory and driving. These three boys were a gift from heaven. I swear to god.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments