Status: Completed.

Sick Little Games

Sick Little Games

"Alex, this is your fault," Abbie whined, hitting him on the arm and groaning. They were sat on the couch, disgusted with themselves.

"You didn't stop me," Alex whined back and they both looked at each other, hoping that Jack would forgive them.

"We were so wrong," Abbie mentioned, making Alex scoff with laughter.

"You think?" he asked, "I've lost my best friend, and you've lost a potential partner!"

Abbie bit her lip, feelings of knots and butterflies filled her stomach, making her squeamish.

"I really liked him," she whispered and Alex shot up, looking at her quizzically.

"Wait, Abbie... You're not... You're not thinking what I'm thinking, are you?" Alex asked, surprise written over his face. She raised an eyebrow.

"I'm not a mind-reader, so you'll have to give me more to go on," she muttered and made her way to the kitchen, taking through two bottles of water. She chucked one to Alex who caught it and took off the cap, still looking at her.

"Are you in love with Jack?" he asked and Abbie pursed her lips together.

"Maybe...," she breathed. As soon as Alex asked the question, Abbie felt like a little girl with a schoolgirl crush, was she really in love with Jack? If that was the case, why did she still get with Alex. "That wouldn't make sense," she breathed and Alex shrugged his shoulders.

"You were curious, that's all," Alex said, almost reading her mind. She smiled at him. "Now we need to get Jack to realize you love him."

_________

"Jack, JACK!" Abbie said, racing across the car park towards the recording studio. Jack was walking into the building, his bags in hand ready to leave to go home for a few days. He had a guitar case slung over his shoulder.

"Abbie, I said I didn't want to talk to you again," Jack said and continued walking into the building. Abbie paused, his words knocking her mentally back and causing her to feel vulnerable.

But that didn't stop her, she continued to walk into the building after him.

"Jack, please, let me talk to you," she said and she was greeted by Zack, who stood in front of her. "Where's Jack?" she asked and Zack shook his head.

"Not here," he lied through his teeth and Abbie glared at him.

"I just saw him come in here!" she exclaimed and Zack sighed.

"Look, just go away, he doesn't want to talk to you," he said and Abbie felt tears prick her eyes.

"I need to talk to him," she said and she felt a hand on her shoulder.

"Come on Abbie," a voice said and she turned to be greeted by Rian. "Let's just go, leave him for a while and then try talking to him?"

She shook her head violently, and felt a tear escape her eyes.

"I need to talk to him," she whispered, but Rian shook his head.

"Maybe later," he said. He tried to guide Abbie back towards the door, but Alex appeared and narrowed his eyes at Rian.

"Leave her, she needs to talk to Jack," he said, and kept his eyes fixed onto Rians.

"Look, he's not in the best frame of mind at the moment. If you haven't forgotten, he's Jack; he's the fun-loving guy who's easily let down and you two let him down." Rian replied, his eyes narrowing too.

"Well tough, he's just going to have to learn," Alex said, not taking in a word Rian had just said.

"Did you hear a word he said?" Zack asked, stepping forwards. Alex stood up straight, and laughed as Zack came towards him.

"Look, she needs to see him, just let her. They'll only be a few moments," Alex said, and Zack shook his head.

"We said no!" he growled and Abbie turned around quickly, escaping through the door, and shut it behind her.

"Just leave her," Rian whispered and Alex smiled as he heard those words. "But you, we're not entirely happy with you," he continued and Alex groaned.

"I could have guessed," he replied.

____________

"Jack, Jack?!" Abbie called out, as she raced through the studio. She walked towards the small kitchen, where she heard the kettle going off.

"Abbie, please, just go away," Jack sighed, pouring a cup of hot chocolate. The water went into the cup, the steam coming off of it as it mixed with the cocoa powder beneath it.

"Please, just let me talk to you for a minute," she begged and Jack sighed again.

"You've got one minute then," he breathed and took a spoonful of sugar and placed it into his cup, mixing it with the hot liquid already there.

"I'm sorry that I slept with Alex, we were both drunk and I know that's not a good reason, but we both knew it was going to happen, we had known each other for so long, and it was bound to happen," she breathed, thinking what to say next. Should she tell him? Should she say those three words?

"And?" Jack said, narrowing his eyes.

"And... A-and," Abbie stammered, her eyes filled up with tears. Jack's face grew softer, he was too good-natured to turn her away.

"And...?" Jack asked softly this time.

"And I am really sorry Jack," she continued. "I-i.."

"You...?" Jack's stomach went into knots, a feeling washing over him that was indescribable. It made him feel on top of the world and squeamish at the same time. He knew what she was going to say, he could feel it. And he knew that as soon as he met her, he had felt it too. But after all of this... did he? He mentally nodded his head, he felt it too, he knew he did.

Abbie, this is it, she thought. Tell him what you feel, let him know that you..

"Jack, I just wanted you to know that I..." she trailed off once more. Jack looked frustrated, but somewhat excited at the same time.

"You love me?" Jack asked softly, and Abbie stared back at him. A feeling of guilt washing over her.

"No, " she whispered and shut her eyes, regret coming over her. She knew their relationship would be a disaster, she was too jealous, too over-come with the thrill of flings. "I wanted to say that we're best apart, I just came to apologize." she said and Jack stared at her, his eyes wide, his stomach's feeling of butterflies dropped and become a feeling of sickly anger.

"Then I want to wish you all the best with your life," he whispered and Abbie nodded her head before turning around and walking out of the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, the ending.
It was rubbish, I know.
But it was bound to happen,
I'm away to write a new story, and I don't like having heaps on the go.
Two at a time, I always saaay.
It's a Forever The Sickest Kids, story I'm writing next.
So look out for it!