Completely Oblivious

Chapter 1

Greg Sanders dried his hair with his towel as he stood in the bathroom. Once his hair was somewhat dry, he grabbed the brush from the sink counter next to him and brushed it out. He brushed his teeth and moved to his room to get dressed and ready for the day. Walking to the kitchen, he made himself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, grabbed his keys from the counter and headed out the door. He got into his car and smiled to himself as Motley Crue blasted through his speakers. He sang along to the radio on his way to work, eating his sandwich as he drove. He pulled into the parking lot and went inside to the break room, where Warrick Brown was making coffee. Warrick turned as Greg walked in, shooting him a friendly smile.

"Hey Greg," Warrick said. Greg waved back. "Still waking up?" Greg nodded. Warrick shook his head with a smile. "Here, I made coffee." He passed Greg a cup, which Greg took gratefully, taking a sip of the warm liquid.

"Much better. Thanks," Greg said. Warrick nodded and sat at the table across from him. Catherine Willows walked into the room, smiling at both of them as she picked an orange up from the bowl on the table. Nick Stokes walked in shortly after Catherine did and sat down next to Greg. Greg smiled at him and turned his attention elsewhere. Nick looked at him, a question in his eyes, and he was about to ask Greg what was wrong when Sara Sidle walked in, followed closely by Gil Grissom. Grissom looked around at everyone, and everyone turned their attention to Grissom, who had the assignments for that night.

“Nick and Greg, you two are working together. Warrick, you and Sara are working together. Catherine, you’re with me,” Grissom said. Nick stood up and started toward the door. Greg got up and followed. They got to their crime scene; a woman had been pushed off of a balcony at a hotel on the Strip. As they were reaching the crime scene, Nick’s phone began to ring. He walked off away from the crime scene to talk.

“Babe, I’m at work… no I can’t skip out, we’ve got a homicide!... I know, I know, you want me there, but I can’t just…. No, I’m not skipping out on work, they need me here… Yes they do, and you know it! This can’t be all about you!... Right, right. Fine. I’m sorry. I’ll talk to you later, babe.” Nick hung up the phone, put it in his pocket and heaved a heavy sigh.

“Everything all right, Nick?” Captain Jim Brass called as he walked toward where Greg was standing.

“Yeah, my girlfriend’s a little miffed that I can’t go out to dinner with her tonight,” Nick said. Greg stared at the ground, the word “girlfriend” ringing in his ears. He started off toward the crime scene hurriedly.

“What’s up with him?” Brass asked. Nick shook his head with a smile.

“He’s jealous.”

“Jealous? Why would he be jealous?”

“He’s in love.” Nick left it at that as he walked toward the crime scene, leaving a very stunned Brass watching him walk away. He walked into the house the body had been found outside of and heard Greg talking to himself in one of the upstairs rooms. Nick walked quietly up the stairs and listened in on what Greg was saying.

“Come on, Greg, be a man and just say it already! Why can’t I just say it? What am I embarrassed about? All I have to do is go for it! Just say it to yourself now. Nick Stokes, I love you!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Idea courtesy of Emily (RedWingsRock1940) ILY girly!!