Completely Oblivious

Chapter 4

Nick’s eyes widened with surprise as Greg pulled away. Greg smiled shyly up at him.

“Would it freak you out to know that I always wondered how it would feel to kiss you?” Greg asked. Nick, still in shock, shook his head. He moved a little bit away from Greg, still not entirely sure what had just happened, the kiss still replaying in his mind.

“No, not at all,” Nick said. He shook his head to clear it. “It was just so… unexpected.” He smiled. “Would it freak you out to know that I kind of liked it?” Greg’s face lit up as he grinned and shook his head.

“Not at all,” He said softly, “but what is Shannon going to say?”

“Shannon, who?” Nick asked as he leaned back toward Greg and placed a soft kiss on his cheek. Greg reached up and hugged Nick.

“Aww, look who made up,” Warrick said as he walked into the room. They sprang apart, and Greg lowered his gaze as Nick smiled sheepishly at their friend. Warrick laughed and closed the door behind him. “You know, I would be surprised if the whole lab didn’t know about you two by now.” He turned to Nick, his eyes narrowing. “Where did you go yesterday? Catherine’s still freaking out,” He said.

“I ended up in the desert, and I guess I just fell asleep there,” Nick said.

“Wait, you were in the desert?” Greg asked, his head snapping up to stare at Nick. Nick nodded.

“I kind of yelled a little and left here. Somehow I ended up in the desert,” Nick explained.

“Actually, you kind of shouted at me in the waiting room and stormed out of the hospital. I tried to follow you but Catherine wouldn’t let me,” Warrick amended.

“Nick, what did he say that made you flip out?” Greg asked, knowing it wasn’t easy to get Nick to flip his lid.

“We kept telling him you would be fine and he freaked,” Warrick said.

“But I am fine,” Greg argued.

“But no one knew that when they brought you here,” Nick said.

“Actually, everyone but you knew he would be all right,” Warrick said.

“Can we just drop it, please?” Nick asked.

“Sure, fine,” Warrick said. Greg smiled and sat up.

“When can I leave?” He asked. At that moment, the nurse walked in.

“Doctor said you’re all clear. He also recommends taking a couple of days off to rest. We’ve already talked to your supervisor about it, and he agreed,” She said. “You just need to sign these and you can go. We recommend also that you have someone look after you, just for a few days, so that you don’t overwork yourself.” She looked at Warrick and Nick.

“I’ll do it,” Nick said, earning a huge smile from Greg. The nurse smiled and nodded.

“I need you to sign as well,” She said, and Nick signed his name. “Okay, Mr. Sanders, you’re all set!” She took the papers, removed the IV from Greg’s hand and left.

“Finally, I’m starving!” Greg said.

“Let’s go get some food, my treat,” Nick said.

“Can we get McDonald’s?” Greg asked. Nick laughed and ruffled his hair.

“Whatever you want, Greg,” He said. They left the hospital and realized that both of their vehicles were still at the station. Grissom pulled up and honked his horn at them, motioning for them to join him.

“You get your cars and go home, both of you, and get some rest,” He ordered. They nodded and got into Grissom’s car. The ride back was silent, and both were eager to get out. They drove to Greg’s house, making a stop at McDonald’s along the way, and ate their food in silence.

“So, you want to get some sleep?” Greg asked. Nick shook his head.

“Let’s watch a movie,” He suggested. Greg nodded and they moved to his living room to pick out something to watch. They settled on the couch and ended up falling asleep there.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another short one, but Emily was begging for it, lol