Status: Complete :)

Teardrops On My Guitar

Before

“I think we should break up,” Nolan said, not even above a whisper. Shock, pain, heartbreak. So many emotions escaped through me at the moment. My heart sank, my voice was inaudible. I didn’t even think I could talk. I didn’t dare talk. What was I to do? He was perfect for me, and he knew it. I was sure he knew it. My friends knew it, his friends knew it.
We’ve been inseparable for the year and a half. And now he just wants to kill me inside. I love him. I never knew what love was until him. He couldn’t just do this to me. He made me feel like there was someone who cared for me in this world. Until this.
“Why? For god sakes why?” I asked. I could feel the tears stinging my eyes, threatening to fall. He was silent for what seemed like forever. I gave up and turned my back on him. I walked down the hallway of the school. ‘Break down in the car, not here,’ I thought. My eyes watered as his soft footsteps came after me. Why was he behind me?
I blinked back tears as I finally heard him speak.
“Ky,” he called after me. “Kyleigh.”
I felt his fingertips brush my bare arm and I immediately turned to look at him.
“What? Is it not enough to break my heart without giving me a reason?” I yelled.
“It’s not what you think. There’s so much more to this,” he said to me. How is that helping?
“How is it not what I think? You broke my heart, simple as that,” I said. I was probably wrong. He was complicated, yet I understood him. It was a shock, even to me.
“It’s not even that. You deserve better than me. I know you do,” he whispered. Then, I realized that his hand was still brushed against my skin, giving me goose bumps a little.
“I love you, only you. Even you said the heart works the way it wants and it chose you,” I said. I couldn’t help the tears that started to rush down my cheeks, staining them. I could see him look away from me. He knew I was right, but he was hiding something. I knew him better than to think this was nothing. Something had to have happened. “Do you have another girlfriend?”
He looked up then, his flawless features as perfect as ever.
“Yes,” he choked out. This had to be a lie. It had to, right? My breath caught in my throat, my eyes wide. I ripped myself from his grasp, forcing my feet to my car. How could this be? Could he be lying? I was finally happy in life and now I’m broken again. Is this what he wanted?
I was outside by now, him running behind me. I opened the door to my car, swiftly getting in. Turning on the car, I broke down then. I couldn’t help it between the memories and everything.
I cried, driving off, away from the parking lot and away from him.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I decided to break this up into chapters instead of just being like...here it issss! lol