A Wolves Story

A New Friend

A Wolves Story
Chapter 2
A New Friend

“Where’s my Moondust?! Has anyone seen her?” Moondust’s mother yelled.
“Don’t worry Darling. Our little Dust will show up soon. She probably took a little break on the way back over here.”
“Are you sure? What if she’s hurt, or if Morgal has her?”
“She’ll be fine.”
Darling was Moondust’s mother. She was a white wolf, with a little bit of gray in her. Produst {Pro-Dust} was Moondust’s father. He was the leader of the Wild Wind pack, and he was a dark gray, with some black, and brown color in his fur that made little line patterns in it.

Pant, pant, pant. “Boy it’s hard to run and find your way back home in a creepy woods at the same time” Moondust said exhaustedly, “but I do know home is over there over that pile of rocks”. The pile of rocks was as big as a horse to Moondust. She started to climb up the pile of rocks until she felt a little shift in the rocks. Moondust paused in fear. What could it be? She thought to herself.
Pop! A wolf her size jumped out at her. “Eeeek! Why you little creep! Don’t do that again!” Moondust said furiously at the little wolf.
“Ha ha, were you surprised? I know I was when I found out I saw someone new running around in my woods.”
“Who are you? This is your woods? Sorry about the name, I was just surprised and thought you were someone else.”
“That’s okay. My names Thundercaw, and yes this is my woods. Who are you?”
“The names Moondust. Are you a loner?”
“Why yes I am. Are you?”
“No. I’m from the Wild Wind pack. I’m the daughter of the leader for our pack. Since you’re a loner would you like to join my pack? We would really love to have you in our pack.”
“Why sure. I would love to. Just I need to know who’s side your on.”
“I’m on Star Gal’s side. What about you Thundercaw?”
“Same for me.”
“Okay then come on. I’ll take you to my pack.”
Thundercaw followed Moondust to her pack. He kind of had a crush on her. Thundercaw was a black wolf. He had extremely sharp claws, and gold eyes. Moondust was a brown, with a little of a white and cream color mix in her fur. She had soft, brown eyes, and partly sharp claws.

“Oh where could she be? I hope she’s not hurt!” Moondust’s mother was starting to get a little too worried.
“Okay would you stop it?! You know she wouldn’t get lost or into trouble. She’ll be back soon. I promise. Look here she comes now…and who is that with her?!” Moondust’s father was starting to get a little suspicious and paranoid.
“Hi daddy, hi mommy. This is Thundercaw; he’s a loner and would like to stay with us. Can we keep him? Please?”
“Uhhh…sure sweet heart. Umm…welcome Thundercaw, and Dust could I have a word with you?” Her father asked.
“Sure dad?”
“Thank you sir.” Thundercaw said politely.
“Dust you know better not to bring strange wolves into our pack without my permission, even if they seem nice and are a loner. He could be lying about being a loner. He couldn’t be. He’s just a pup, he has to have parents looking around for him somewhere, they could be worried sick about him!”
“Sorry daddy. I just couldn’t leave him there all alone.” Moondust whined with a sad tone.
“I know you meant well, and you didn’t mean to break the rules, but I’ll only let this go once okay? And don’t do that again okay?” he said in an angry and sweet tone of voice.
“Okay” Moondust said in an apologetic voice. She left to go see Thundercaw who was having a nice conversation with some other wolf puppies. Apparently he was there new favorite besides Moondust, because they thought he was cool because of the stories he told them about him.
“…And that’s how I met Moondust. Hey Moondust” Thundercaw was surprised to see her.
“Hey. What are you doing?” She asked curiously.
“Just telling them how I met you and some of the stories about the adventures that I had before I met you.” He said kindly.
“Oh okay.” She said kindly back.
“Wow! You’re so cool Thundercaw! Tell us more!” one of the wolf puppies said.
Then the rest joined in and started begging for another story.
“Uhhh…how about later. I kind of want to hang out with Moon for a little bit okay?”
“Okay” The puppies said excitedly. They all walked away with smiles on their faces.
“So Dust what did your father want to talk to you about? Was it about me? Did I get you into trouble? Oh if I did I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to get you into trouble.”
“Well he just wanted to talk to me about bringing strange wolves into the pack. You didn’t get me into trouble. It’s okay. He understood. He just doesn’t know you very well yet that’s all. He treats all new comers that way. It’s nothing to be afraid of. You’re not in trouble either.”
“Okay good. Want to play tag?” Thundercaw said excitedly while jumping up and down waiting for an answer from Moondust.
“Sure!” Moondust said excitedly.
“Tag your it!” Thundercaw shouted while Moondust started chasing him.
“What’s wrong dear?” Darling asked.
“Nothing. I just don’t trust that Thundercaw with my little Dust. He seems a little suspicious to me.” Produst said in a calm tone.
“Oh I’m sure he wouldn’t do anything to harm her dear. Just let them play and have a little fun. You continue watching our pack. I’ll keep an eye on them.”
“Well okay if that’s what you wan.” He said while yawning and stretching at the same time. He walked a few steps away and paused. “Just make sure he doesn’t hurt Dust. I’ll never get over it if I let anything happen to her. You know she’s special to me.” He continued waking away to his tall perch of leaves, rock, and trees that show his whole territory, so that he could watch over his pack.